Im sick of this adverticement...

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    It is true :/
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    If they would just do a small update everyday to whatever it does to "break their program"/"stop it from working" I wouldn't mind. Something makes it so their programs don't work until they fix what is broken. hell, update something every hour, I don't care. Change a flower back and forth in color or something stupid.
  • MandrakeMandrake Posts: 61
    He now uses spaces between each letters...

I would have a better experiece without this advertisement on every shards.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I have been seeing this for a few days. It seems when the dev team fixes it so he can't spam he finds a way around it. 
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited April 2019
    — They could always try getting the website shutdown, citing theft of intellectual property or copyright infringement or something. 

I mean ... I’d figure: no website to advertise? Then no in game advertisements multiple times an hour.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Email spammers would do the same thing back in the day. They would change from spaces to * then & then # then @.
  • PureLifePureLife Posts: 54
    edited April 2019
    they could just block endless journey from global chat.
    seems like the logical solution. Or put all endless journey in their own chat channel.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    PureLife said:
    seems like the logical solution. Or put all endless journey in their own chat channel.
    While the advertisements are irritating, punishing all EJ accounts for the actions of very few seems extreme.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    The only thing that will stop him or any spamer is NO ONE deal with his web site.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Arron said:
    I have been seeing this for a few days. It seems when the dev team fixes it so he can't spam he finds a way around it. 
    One thing I do not understand.

As players can see the SPAM, I guess that just as well a Game Master can... so why not track that SPAM to the account that is doing it and ban that account ?

End of the Spam.

The only time that would not be covered is during Game Masters off hours but at least, during GMs' work time there would be no SPAMMING....
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I have no knowledge of how the abilities of the GM's work but maybe thave been doing that, but because of the shear volume of account this person or group of persons have if you ban 1 2 more pop up. I am just guessing. I have no knowledge of how it works. I know for a while this Avatar person was silent.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    EA should HIRE him, and put him in charge of UO Advertising... oh, wait: there isn't such a thing! :D
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
     oh it's late night, and I thought...maybe he just took a vacay with all the money he's made. :)
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited April 2019

The only way to really stop him is for EA's legal dept. to file a case against the website and subpoena  his ISP for his personal information.  He has to be court ordered to "cease and desist."
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Exactly @Ezekiel_Zane ;

Last time they did it stopped listings on Ebay but that’s decades ago when they had a legal team. Currently u shut one website down & 3 other mirror sites pop up to replace. Legally they have to weigh the cost vs desired outcome.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited April 2019
    Sadly EA has allowed this for 20 + years and I am sure that a judge would find it strange that all of a sudden they want to try and stop it, I am not saying that I like it but EA has already set a standard that would be hard to beat.  I think it was Sony that sued EBay so they just stopped everybody from selling, EA had nothing to do with it.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    PureLife said:
    As I recall, such ads were fairly common even before EJ.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282

The only way to really stop him is for EA's legal dept. to file a case against the website and subpoena  his ISP for his personal information.  He has to be court ordered to "cease and desist."
    Legal fees would probably be comparable to UO's yearly budget.
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77
    Everytime he changes his advertising they just take a minute to add it to the filter. Eventually he´ll run out of ways to spell it before it gets unreadable.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Sliss said:
    PureLife said:
    The trial accounts could only use HELP chan and if it was being done in Gen Chat then it had to be a paid account.
  • SummonedSummoned Posts: 37
    Bilbo said:
    Sliss said:
    PureLife said:
    The trial accounts could only use HELP chan and if it was being done in Gen Chat then it had to be a paid account.
    Sadly it would be the people in the help channel that would buy from his site....