warning pets disappeared

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else.  Three of my friends were pirate hunting in the tokuno seas.  They crossed the server line and their nightmares disappeared.  They checked their character status and it shows no pets, went back over the server line and still no pets.  logged off then back on no pets, they checked their stables no pets.  This happened about midnight pacific time on Lake Austin.

Comments

  • tamaistamais Posts: 5
    was just given more info.  Pets had teleported over to the pirate ship just as it crossed the line.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    How did they do that? Do they have Magery Mastery?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Actually there really may be something odd with pets and ships. My mount was being attacked on a ship and the damage received was showing up red instead of purple. So something is off.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

    Breaking in the young since 2002


  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,676
    Thursday morning 1am ET...
    the Governor of Vesper on Sonoma lost her Greater dragon...
    We had just finished a plunderbeacon in Tokuno waters just below the server line...
    It took off running across the water to the west as fast as it could go...
    she checked and she had no followers.
    she logged out and back again...
    she also checked her stables...
    And ever since then, my frost dragon has been acting up.
    It stops its feet at me instead of attacking what I tell it to.
    When it does that I feed it & then stable it...
    then it acts normal for awhile & then I have to repeat it...

    then yesterday my giant beetle started doing it...
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,208

    Yesterday I finished Navery with my tamer, recalled home and my cu vanished mid run. It still showed on my slots so I was able to log to get it back.

    It may be a pet issue and not just a ship issue.

  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Has anybody paged a GM about this or tagged @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Unfortunately due to their being several  exploits with the way insta pet logging works. Many tamers don’t even bother linking their pets to petballs and rely solely on logging out/in for pet summoning. I’m not saying having a pet ball of summoning would definitely retrieve these lost pets, however it’s a way of summoning a pet that is intended and this has been lost as these pet balls of summoning are no longer being used. Logging out and in is supposed to be a backup.

    Im also not blaming the player for this. I myself don’t bother linking all my pets to balls either as I use the log out/in “trick” 

    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

    Breaking in the young since 2002


  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,018
    Mervyn said:
    Unfortunately due to their being several  exploits with the way insta pet logging works. Many tamers don’t even bother linking their pets to petballs and rely solely on logging out/in for pet summoning. I’m not saying having a pet ball of summoning would definitely retrieve these lost pets, however it’s a way of summoning a pet that is intended and this has been lost as these pet balls of summoning are no longer being used. Logging out and in is supposed to be a backup.

    Im also not blaming the player for this. I myself don’t bother linking all my pets to balls either as I use the log out/in “trick” 


    So you want them to get rid of a game feature that can save a pet from this situation. And somehow think you can spin it to being a cause of the situation.  There are too many places a pet ball can not be used.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2019
    No I don’t want them to get rid of auto pet logout at all. It’s a very important feature to save pets,

    but there are 3 adjustments that should be made to keep consistent with other game mechanic rules.

    1) pets to only go into the stable after the char logs out (so after 5 mins, or insta if you’re in a house/inn) so the pet will continue to defend you on client crash or conn loss.

    2) pets to be retrieved from the stable upon login. So pets cannot be summoned to areas where pet summoning is prohibited.

    3) auto pet logout to only apply to bonded pets.


    This would encourage players to link their pets to pet balls of summoning and to use them. The devs put a lot of work into these balls, they are quite smart.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

    Breaking in the young since 2002


  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,018
    Pets get separated in Dungeons.  Pet balls do not work there.  I get disconnected when I go to the Abyss. Pet balls do not work there.

    Make pet balls work at spawns and in all lands and make pets follow you when you tell them to, and then we could start a compromise.

    I also have never carried a pet ball because they only work in Trammel above ground.  I dont get separated there often, except in forests.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2019
    They work in most dungeons. They only don’t work in dungeons where pet summoning is now allowed...This is as intended.

    If you want them to allow pet summoning in areas where pet summoning is currently not allowed, that is another discussion.

    But I’m sure the dev team will appreciate your willingness to compromise on obeying their intended game rules.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

    Breaking in the young since 2002


  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,018
    edited April 2019
    Mervyn said:

    But I’m sure the dev team will appreciate your willingness to compromise on obeying their intended game rules.
    They are and I use the intended log out pet retrieval every time I need to.

    Maybe you should stop making up your own rules.  But looks like you wont be seeing this for a while.  On Vacation?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    edited April 2019
    Oh Oh. What happened to Mervyn? Did he really get banned? Oh my!!!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,676
    just had my frost dragon disappear
    blinked and it was gone

  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    just had my frost dragon disappear
    blinked and it was gone

    Do you want to maybe share how it happened?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,676
    I had multiple chars using the cannon on the bow of my ship...
    after the plunderbeacon went down, I opened a gate for my other chars...
    after the last one went through I noticed my frost dragon was gone...
    it was there one moment, the next it was gone...
    no message about it becoming unbonded or nothing...
    just wasn't there...
    0 of 5 pets
    logged out and back in
    still said 0 of 5 
    went to the stables and it wasn't there
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Two of my pets, one is a cat, the other is my frost dragon, that when I step through a gate or recall, if I don't say all follow me first, they take off in whatever direction I am trying to find me. I know then because when I come back, here they come back running across the screen at me. Years ago we use to find pets stuck at mountains or the waters edge because the pet tried to follow people and they wouldn't respond properly after that. I wonder if this is the same thing.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,208
    edited April 2019
    Gidge said:
    Two of my pets, one is a cat, the other is my frost dragon, that when I step through a gate or recall, if I don't say all follow me first, they take off in whatever direction I am trying to find me. I know then because when I come back, here they come back running across the screen at me. Years ago we use to find pets stuck at mountains or the waters edge because the pet tried to follow people and they wouldn't respond properly after that. I wonder if this is the same thing.


    This reminds me of a larger scale version of the old bug where pets left at champ spawns would then show 0 followers until the owner searched and "found" it.

    So far we have a collection of server lines and recalls causing pets to disappear. I was lucky I was able to insta log and reclaim mine.

    @Kyronix some of these pets are selling for upwards of half a plat. May I suggest coming up with a system to easily find or replace lost pets?

  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Urge said:

    This reminds me of a larger scale version of the old bug where pets left at champ spawns would then show 0 followers until the owner searched and "found" it.

    yeah! like that!  If the person lost connection, or such. And even remaining as a  ghost pet for days.
Sign In or Register to comment.