What gives ? The Bounty Board on the Floating Emporium is EMPTY ??

poppspopps Posts: 3,957
edited March 2019 in General Discussions
This is a first timer for me....

The Bounty Board at the Floating Emporium has NO outstanding Bounting for Pirates ?

And how do I complete my Quest ?

Don't they spawn all the time, gone one spawns another ?

@Kyronix , is this intended or is it some bug ?

We are right into the Rising Tide Event and there is no Pirates to hunt ??

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Have you tried both facets?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,994Moderator
    There is also a bounty board on Zento dock in Tokuno
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,957
    The problem is, that I took my Quest (still open) at the Floating Emporium !!

I seriously doubt that, even if I took all the hassle to empty the Hold, dry dock the Ship and relocate it in Tokuno, that the PIrate I would catch there would complete my Floating Emporium Quest....

The worrysome issue though, is that there is lack of Dread Pirates !!

I thought that gone one, another would spawn right away.

But, if the Board is totally empty, this is NOT the case and Pirates RUN OUT.

Does this mean that I know have to wait until tomorrow's maintainance that the Server would reset and new Pirates spawn ?

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,994Moderator
    Have you tried actually sailing toward Jhelom and looking for pirates?  The bulletin board may not accurately reflect what shipping is in that area.
    edited March 2019
    Mariah said:
    Have you tried actually sailing toward Jhelom and looking for pirates?  The bulletin board may not accurately reflect what shipping is in that area.
    Yes, I did.... and there was no pirate around, only annoying Serpents, elementals and Krakens blocking the Ship's movement every other step....

I took the hassle of cancelling the Floating Emporium Quest, to pack the Ship and move it Tokuno where I got a Quest there and found a Pirate Ship but with the added nasty surprise (still having to navigate through an annoying LOT of sea spawn moving the Ship's movements every step...) that AFTER I consumed all the required ammunitions to board the Ship, the Dread Pirate VANISHED into nothingness !!

I got some loot but my main goal was to apprehend the Pirate as I am trying to put together and Orc Ship...

It has been a quite frustrating day of playing.... LOTS of wasted time in searching for nothing and getting nothing.... VERY frustrating and unfun......

Pirates Ships should NOT spawn where so many Sea spawn gets spawned because it is a NECESSITY to maneuver the Ship and they BLOCK IT from all sides making it frustrating to engage in combat with the Pirate Ship....
    edited March 2019
    The numerous spawn where Pirates Ships are, make  it unplayable, to my opinion, in regards to Pirates Ships...

Plunder Beacons are static but Pirates' Ships ??

In order to get Pirates Ships it is necessary to maneuver which is not possible with all of the spawn blocking the Ship.....

Pirates SHips should not spawn where Plunder Beacons spawn and the waters around Pirates Ships should be clear of spawn blocking Ships movements.

That is at least how I see it.

I wasted a lot of ammunitions, countless hours of time and did not even get a Captain forget about the many needed to get together an Orc Ship.....

And trying to move the Ship around with all of the Serpents, Krakens and Elementals BLOCKING the Ships' movements was totally frustrating.

Not fun, not fun at all. A BIG fail of this Event, to my viewing at least, in regards to fighting Pirates' Ships.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    Please keep the sea spawn as is or even make it more!  You can get cargo from them while searching for ships! If they are in your way, kill them and get chance of cargo. They are pushovers, an arrow or two, or a spell, or a dragon breath and they are toast.

If you go out and only are looking for pirates, it is going to be frustrating. Kill everything that moves on the water and you will run into a pirate before you know it.

I just wish you could capture more than one pirate at a time I run into them that often.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,123
    Kill the sea serpents for cargo. We are protecting Britannia from these invading orcs. Dont bring a fisherman to an Orc Fight! 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Grace said:
    Please keep the sea spawn as is or even make it more!  You can get cargo from them while searching for ships! If they are in your way, kill them and get chance of cargo. They are pushovers, an arrow or two, or a spell, or a dragon breath and they are toast.

If you go out and only are looking for pirates, it is going to be frustrating. Kill everything that moves on the water and you will run into a pirate before you know it.

I just wish you could capture more than one pirate at a time I run into them that often.
    "They are pushovers, an arrow or two, or a spell, or a dragon breath and they are toast."

They maybe be such for characters with expensive suits and all scrolled up, they certainly take way more time for normal Templates and by the time they are killed the Pirates Ship is gone for good.... Ammunitions lost and time wasted to search for one again only to rinse and repeat with all the spawn blocking movements.

No thanks. That is NOT fun at all. Only frustrating and annoying.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    The heavy sea spawn is actually activated when a plunder beacon spawns, not a pirate or merchant ship. The ships just happen to then spawn near a plunder beacon.

How are you going to subdue the pirate to chain him up if you can't fight?  And if you are using grapeshot to kill ship crews, that is a huge waste of supplies. Just giving you some options on saving ammunition. 
    Grace said:
    The heavy sea spawn is actually activated when a plunder beacon spawns, not a pirate or merchant ship. The ships just happen to then spawn near a plunder beacon.

How are you going to subdue the pirate to chain him up if you can't fight?  And if you are using grapeshot to kill ship crews, that is a huge waste of supplies. Just giving you some options on saving ammunition. 
    "The heavy sea spawn is actually activated when a plunder beacon spawns, not a pirate or merchant ship. The ships just happen to then spawn near a plunder beacon."

And that is PRECISELY what should NOT happen....

Plunder Beacons and Pirate/Merchant Ships spawns should be kept MILES AWAY from one another....

The issue is precisely that. instead, Pirates and Merchant Ships are set to spawn in the same area where Plunder Beacons (and the heavy sea creatures spawn associated) spawn....

It takes obtaning 8 Maps to make an Orc Ship and each capturing a Dread Pirate only has a "chance" of getting a Map among other rewards...

Furthermore, even when getting an Orc Ship Map piece drop, it could well be a duplicate...

What I am trying to say, is that, in order to fet all pieces to an Ord Ship MANY Dread Pirates captures are needed.....

And with the time it takes to subdue a Pirate Captain PLUS the spawn blocking Ships' movements because Pirates' Ships are permitted to spawn in the same Area of Plunder Beacons make the completion of all 8 pieces of an Orc Ship an almost impossible thing to do in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks but no. To my viewing, Pirates and Merchant Ships should be spawned at a TOTALLY separate spawn area as that of Plunder beacons and there should not be all those Sea Serpents, Elementals and Krakens blocking Ships' maneuvering.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2019
    @popps an archer with a horselord bow kills all sea monsters very quickly.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 795
    popps said:
    Grace said:

"They are pushovers, an arrow or two, or a spell, or a dragon breath and they are toast."

They maybe be such for characters with expensive suits and all scrolled up, they certainly take way more time for normal Templates and by the time they are killed the Pirates Ship is gone for good.... Ammunitions lost and time wasted to search for one again only to rinse and repeat with all the spawn blocking movements.

Popps, you’re killing me. Are you not wanting the cargo to fall into your pack as part of what’s available as loot while you’re out pirate hunting?

My husband is wearing crap armor, seriously not much better than you could buy off an npc, and is using a mediocre at best bow. He mows through everything other than the krackens. And even those are dispatched pretty quickly. He just has to make sure he takes a step back so the kraken can’t beat up on him. His armor isn’t enough to protect him from them. 

I cant image why you’d be having such a hard time. The spawn should not be reduced. 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    There is not a lack of dread pirates, stop posting so much here and actually go out and search in game. You're a very tiring read.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Grace said:

That is what I do and I get lots of cargo in my pack for killing the spawn.
    LilyGrace said:
    popps said:
    Grace said:

Popps, you’re killing me. Are you not wanting the cargo to fall into your pack as part of what’s available as loot while you’re out pirate hunting?

My husband is wearing crap armor, seriously not much better than you could buy off an npc, and is using a mediocre at best bow. He mows through everything other than the krackens. And even those are dispatched pretty quickly. He just has to make sure he takes a step back so the kraken can’t beat up on him. His armor isn’t enough to protect him from them. 

I cant image why you’d be having such a hard time. The spawn should not be reduced. 
    I am not discussing the reduction of the Sea Monsters spawn around the static Plunder Beacons.

What I am saying is, that PIRATE Ships have NO PLACE there as well !!

It is already very time consuming to bring the Dread Pirate to subduction, it already is very time consuming to sail back and forth from the Officer to get the Quest and hand over the apprehended Pirate, and it is already time consuming enough to search for the Pirate Ship to then engage it in combat.

There simply is NO NEED, at least to my opinion, to FURTHER annoy players with all of the Sea Monsters spawn that BLOCK the Ship's maneuvering when trying to set one's own Ship in the best position in regards to the Pirate Ship maneuvering.

I have lost many Pirate Ships yesterday because of this annoying sea spawn blocking my Ship.

By the time I had cleared the water around my Ship the Pirate Ship had already gone and since there is several other Ships and Plunder Beacons in the area, starting tracking again in an area with many Ships helps NOTHING.... it only causes more trouble because one ends up likely following a wrong quarry....

On the topic, since we have the skill tracking where one can SELECTIVELY set the tracking for human players, human NPCs, Monsters or Animals (4 distinct types), WHY cannot we have this ALSO for Ships' Tracking ?

That is, when we say "start tracking" to the Tillerman, a Menu Gump would pop up asking us whether we want to track Players' Ships, NPCs Pirate Ships, NPCs Merchant Ships or Plunder Beacons.

At that point, the player would select the type of Ship wanted and not have to deal to follow the rest of the Ships that they do not want....
    There is not a lack of dread pirates, stop posting so much here and actually go out and search in game. You're a very tiring read.
    Well, on Trammel around Jhelom there was ONLY Plunder Beacons and zillions of Krakens, Water Elementals and Serpents... I searched for Pirate Ships for hours before ending up going back to the Floating Emporium to get more precise coordinates for Pirate Ships from the NPCs hanging there only to think about, after waiting there doing nothing for a good 20 minutes (no NPC would tell tips of the wereabouts of Pirate Ships), to give a look at the Bounty Board at the Wall where I saw no, ZERO, no Pirate listed there for reward AT ALL.

So, if 1+1 makes 2, I could only concluded that, at least in Trammel Seas there were no Pirates.

I mean, I could find none in Jhelom Area after searching for hours, I waited a FAT 20 minutes for NPCs to give me tips about the coordinates for a Pirate and got none, and THEN I also see the Bounty Board totally empty ?

What else could I conclude that NO PIRATE was in Trammel's Seas and I wasted litterally HOURS of my time all for nothing ?

To me, that is no fun at all, just plain WASTED time.
    I am enjoying the new sea content. It is sometimes hard to find things to fight on the high seas, but i just chalk it up to lots of people doing the high seas conntent. I personally would like more content like more ships, pirate and merchant as well as increased spawn. I am very low on dabloons and want to save them up to see what I can choose in the months to come. Development Team You are doing great I am even more pleased with UO than I was before. I also would like to thank all the support staff that help make this game so good, Like GM's EM's Moderators,Testers and other players. Together there is no limits to how Exciting and Fun we can make UO. THIS IS FUN!!!
    Arron said:
    I am enjoying the new sea content. It is sometimes hard to find things to fight on the high seas, but i just chalk it up to lots of people doing the high seas conntent. I personally would like more content like more ships, pirate and merchant as well as increased spawn. I am very low on dabloons and want to save them up to see what I can choose in the months to come. Development Team You are doing great I am even more pleased with UO than I was before. I also would like to thank all the support staff that help make this game so good, Like GM's EM's Moderators,Testers and other players. Together there is no limits to how Exciting and Fun we can make UO. THIS IS FUN!!!
    I am not saying that the Rising Tide is not fun, it is fun BUT, what I am trying to say is that, at least in regards to hunting and fighting Pirates' and Merchant Ships, their spawn should be kept as SEPARATE from that of the plunder Beacons because they require a DIFFERENT approach to interact with them.

While the Plunder Beacons are static, and therefore the Sea Monsters that spawn intensively around them do not cause "that" much of an issue to a Ship needing to maneuver, when it comes with having to hunt Pirates' and Merchants' Ships it is an ENTIRE different story.

When having to engage in Ships' combat with Ships that move, it is necessary to maneuver in order to be able to engage them and the Ships' commands are already sufficiently clumsy and difficult that having Sea Monsters that spawn a go-go near by is really unnecessary, to my opinion, and they risk to cancel all the fun and to make a fun experience frustrating and only a waste of time.

As I said, aside from all of the time built in when having to navigate to the location (back and from the Officer that gives the Quest) where Pirates' Ships supposedly hang out, having to actually search and find them among many wrong arrows that the Ships' Tracking command returns (with multiple arrows on the screen how to tell which is pointing to the Pirate Ship or Merchant Ship that we are looking for ?), and then the much time needed to bring the Dread Pirate health bar down to apprehend it, it REALLY is upsetting and frustrating then, that because of Sea Serpents, Water Elementals, Krakens blocking the Ship and making one's own maneuvering even more difficult as what it is, that Pirate Ship or Merchant Ship that we have been able to find after spending much time in the effort, leves the area and we need to start tracking again STILL without knowing which of the arrow reported on the screen reports to the Ship we might be looking for....

And this, when perhaps we have ALREADY engaged in combat with it wasting charges, fuses and ammunitions and all for nothing because the Ship we were fighting it moved away and we could not follow it because of the damn Serpents, Water Elementals and Krakens blocking our Ships on all sides...

No thanks.

It is fun, but, to my opinion, Pirates and Merchant spawns locations must be kept SEPARATE as those of the Plunder Beacons, well far away from all of that Sea Monsters spawn which then blocks and makes ackward and way difficult one's own Ship maneuvering which is much needed to be fluid and smooth when having to engage in Ship combat.

In order to get all of the 8 pieces to an Orc Ship, a LOT of Dread Pirates need to get caught.

But if the apprehension of 1 Dread Captain alone takes hours of game play in between navigating, searching for the pirate ship only to lose it because of the Sea Monsters spawning around and blocking one's own Ships' maneuvering which it makes it necessary to search for it again and, thus, spend additional time, and the time of course needed to then apprehend the Dread Pirate, a player trying to get an Orc Ship will not be able to do it before the Current part of Rising Tide ends which, I understand, is a month of which a week has already gone by....

That is at least my point of view on the new content.
    I will first like to say I did not read all of your post, sorry. I will respond to the first part in which you basicly state that spawn for the Beacons should be seperate from the spawn on the ocean. I would just like to say that that seems unrealistic since in real life if you wanted to keep the creatures of the sea confined I think that would be a huge undertaking which would hamper any boats moving along the ocean anyway.  The only way to do this I think within the game is to have factors such as water tempature, currents, weather and food sources dictate where creatures live, which is a lot of extra work. I like to keep things simple if it swims in the ocean it should be able to go anywhere in that ocean. Also creatures like the ones blocking your ship if they exsisted in the oceans today would block your ship. Just the size of them alone.  E.g.(20,000 Leauges under the sea)
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 795

I am not saying that the Rising Tide is not fun, it is fun BUT, what I am trying to say is that, at least in regards to hunting and fighting Pirates' and Merchant Ships, their spawn should be kept as SEPARATE from that of the plunder Beacons because they require a DIFFERENT approach to interact with them.

I'd be all for there being more pirate and merchant ships to be found in areas other than around Jhelom and Tokuno. I don't know how folks who are just out to go fishing would feel but it would make sense to me to see plenty of pirate ships around Buc's. There's a lot of water out there. Maybe one or two triangles (depending on how server lines run, which I'm not good at keeping track of in my head) could be made to spawn more pirate ships but no beacons.

It's not like the pirate ships are difficult to get away from if you're just out fishing. For what it's worth, I've been told there's anecdotal evidence that the spawn runs in cycles. Take the beacons out, pirate and merchant ships spawn. Take the pirate and merchant ships out, beacons will spawn.