warriors gift

hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
Iv'e noticed when i turn on warriors gift i get 5%hci 5%dci 5 strength bonus but the 5% damage increase doesnt show up in damage increase or weapon damage where is this applied?

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    What does it read when you mouse over the buff? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    seems to me it should add 5 damage to the character status damage increase thing
    https://stratics.com/threads/warriors-gifts-broken.383338/#post-2807003
    seems it's as intended, I don't really understand it. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• hunter11 said:
    Iv'e noticed when i turn on warriors gift i get 5%hci 5%dci 5 strength bonus but the 5% damage increase doesnt show up in damage increase or weapon damage where is this applied?
    It's part of the damage modifier cap of 300.

For the damage modifier cap (300 cap) *aka damage multiplier*
    You always have 100% damage Modifier as you will always swing for 100% of your base damage before resists are calculated. From there, you can add these on top of that.
    Specific Slayer (+200%)
    Super Slayer (+100%)
    Perfection (+100%) ***10% per level (hit), maxed at 100%
    Enemy of One ( up to 82%) ***based on chiv skill and (possibly) karma
    Honor Self (25%)
    Consecrate Weapon ( up to 16%) ***based on chiv skill and (possibly) karma
    Bard Song Inspire (up to 15%) ***based on bard skills
    Some Quivers (10%) *** I haven't tested. But it only works on archery weapons per Tabin
    Grapes of Wrath (10%)
    Level 3 Weapon Mastery (5%)

edited March 2019
    Warrior damage output isn’t one of my areas of expertise. So Maximus. The quiver describes the damage increase as “Damage modifier” perhaps the buff is misdescribing the damage increase when it means damage modifier? Same with some others in the list?

If this is the case, I will gladly compile a list of buffs and spellbook text descriptions that describe damage increase where they should probably use the term damage modifier and submit a bug report. Also, is this a fully comprehensive list of damage modifiers?

edited March 2019
    @Maximus_Neximus I'm collating data, the grapes of wraith, the buff is telling me "+35%weapon damage increase" and this is also reflected on my character status, does it give a hidden 10% damage modifier ontop or something?

Also honoring myself, i can't see any sort of buff that tells me i have a damage increase/modifier, also no damage bonus is mentioned on the official wiki, can you name a source?

Also, i think you missed out stone form, the buff is reading a "damage increase" but is not being displayed on char status so i'll assume it's a damage modifier.

edited March 2019
    can anyone else name any additional damage modifiers? This isn't my area

i just wish it was defined differently its clearly not how its stated 
    the inspire buff also gives you damage modifier 
    i have inspire in the list already thanks

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    I am reworking my character template and need more damage increase. Then I noticed that 5% "damage increase" from Swordmanship Mastery is not showing up in my template.

Currently I have 90 Damage Increase from:
    Cameo + 20
    Gloves of Feudal Grip +30
    Weapon +40
    Total is 90, and my template is showing Damage Increase of 90 exactly without the +5 from Sword Mastery.

Is the +5 Damage from Sword Mastery supposed to be Damage Increase or Damage Modifier?
    If it is Damage Increase, then the character sheet should add +5 more.
    If it is Damage Modifier, then the mouse over display should read as such (not Damage Increase).

Both of the above terms have different meanings and should not be used interchangeably as it is confusing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2021
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:

That was 2 years ago, it's taking very long just to amend simple in-game text.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    edited March 2021
    The warrior buff says +5% Damage Increase (Capped at 300% in PvM). Maybe it could be a bit confusing but as soon as I see the 300% portion that tells you where the buff goes.

Additionally, if you use something like EOO; it doesn't actually say anything about "Damage Modifier" but rather +X% damage to. Using you logic on the warrior buff, I could easily say this should go towards my damage in my stat bar too. Hopefully you don't get that confused as well.

Ultimately it's not like "Damage Modifier" as a term is really used completely separate in the buff window.

To summarize:
    You took the time to research and dig up a 2 year old thread. Instead of taking what the answer was, you decided to resurrect it for what looks like a weak attempt at a troll over the wording of something that technically isn't wrong because it mentioned the 300% cap to PvM and really kind of follows the other buffs for "Damage Modifier". Does that pretty much sum this up?

...and I thought that I was bored....

The Pirate's Life content cannot come soon enough for some people it looks like.
    1) This is not a troll, it is a bug. And it is better the system is corrected rather than we depend on our memory for all the confusing terms.
    2) As Mervyn has said, this is a bug x2
    3) I didn't dig it on purpose. I googled and this thread came up. What is wrong to replying to a 2-year old thread when the issue is still Valid?

You must be bored.
    I am not, I am having fun redoing my template which is why I went over some old issues.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    edited March 2021
    You keep circling back on a minor wording issue. Again you could have easily read the thread and gotten your answer and moved on. 

You chose to resurrect a 2 year old thread when you already had the answer. Furthermore if you really were concerned with the bug (x2) then you should be posting in the bugs section not general discussion.

Troll on.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Take off all your gear and see if you have 5% damage increase with no other mods on, simple as that.  Why is it that some people have to be told EVERYTHING in UO, use what GOD gave you between your ears.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,082
     :D
     And so it be done! 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    @Mariah not sure what the unhappiness about, pls move this thread to the bug section, hopefully they included this in their todo database.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    there is already a thread in the bug section, please do not move this to bug section.
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Bilbo said:
    Take off all your gear and see if you have 5% damage increase with no other mods on, simple as that.  Why is it that some people have to be told EVERYTHING in UO, use what GOD gave you between your ears.
    because with all your gear off you do not have 5 dmg increase its a damage modifier like the archery dex quiver 
    Yoshi said:
    there is already a thread in the bug section, please do not move this to bug section.
    as soon as someone addresses this sure thing but its been a long time running and they choose not to either a change the wording or b how it is worded to work