Green Bamboo Floor Tiles Running North/South and Stairs Still Cause Houses To Force Load

usernameusername Posts: 687
edited March 2019 in General Discussions
These are fixed in both green/gray variations. Thanks for the fix 

However, there are two issues/oversights.

1.) These, in green tileset as pictured, still cause houses to force load in the client:

2.) Having stairs causes anything on top of the stairs in the house to force load and needs to be fixed:

Please fix. Thanks!

@Mesanna
@Bleak
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• xxxVideoxxxVideo Posts: 59
    +1
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    heaven forbid people being able to find public crystals portals on front stairs.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    Violet said:
    heaven forbid people being able to find public crystals portals on front stairs.
    Please check the picture again......

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    We are aware and this will be resolved.
  • Bleak said:
    Screwing people over is not what I consider resolved. Making the game look like crap is not resolution. God forbid old computers lag a little around Luna. Why don't you "EC Experts" fix your EC client?
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • When are you going to do something about this?

There's around 5000 mannequins in these castles, each with 10-12 items on it.  That's 50,000 - 60,000 items.  WAY, WAY WAY ABOVE what is allowable to have in lockdowns.  This ALL loads as you move thru this area without ever stepping onto the steps of these castle.

This needs to be fixed before it too spreads like the bamboo floor tiles did.

• Bleak said:
    BTW, this is on Pacific in the Trinsic swamps of Trammel
  • Additionally, I'm not asking that you make this player remove all their mannequins.  

Just that the mannequins not be loaded onto our screens unless we go into the house, like it's supposed to be.
  • I do hope Broadsword will track how many accounts will close over fixing this bug that has been a boon for the UO economy for years.  No one was quitting over this, but mark my words, people will absolutely quit cause they fixed it.  Mesanna knows people like to show off in this game, they create Store Items because of this reason, and now they just took their eye candy away.  

Not to mention the random player who logs in and sees all these empty plots of bamboo, they think the game is dead, never log back in again.  Way to go team!  I know I and many others will be downsizing.  
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Just a stab in the dark, were you using these bamboo tiles?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    If they want to show stuff off they could go wall-less like I did.
    Although I did it so I did not need to use circle of transparency in my house to see thing up against the south or east walls.

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    LOL, team finally fixes a bug correctly and you 20+ account holding complain about it.   There is no reason for people to have that many accounts unless they are doing something suspicious and illegal.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
  • LeonidasLeonidas Posts: 30
    I HOPE THE CRYBABIES WITH THEIR 1998 COMPUTER WITH A DIAL UP INTERNET ARE HAPPY! because of You, they ruined the game for everybody else. SHAME ON YOU.
    Because of few people they made the stupidest  decision ever on changing this floor. yes, I will be closing a lot more accounts, bc of the EC LAG people that cried about, they just ruined the deco part of UO, they just ruined all the granite deco and they just ruined the auction safes. so congratulations. I am with NAILS 100%..
    maybe now we can load the roads with 300 vendors and maybe Hire the Rune drop person or even better, lets hire the AVATAR people to tell the world next time we have something for sale on our houses.
    meantime, lets copy the ATL Trick master  design that still does the job!

• The complaints about the bamboo exploit were not 100% about LAG.  

Many of these places were totally hideous eyesores as well.  UO is better off with the housing rules that have existed since day one.  Your crap in your house doesn't load onto my screen unless I purposefully want it to by stepping onto your steps 
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited March 2019
    @Bleak there was no point to fixing the bamboo tile bug if you can just build the entire first level out of stairs, level it out with stone crafting and build the house on top of that. 

essentially all this did was make people build their house up one level, which is actually worse than just building on the first floor bamboo tiles.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    The complaints about the bamboo exploit were not 100% about LAG.  

Many of these places were totally hideous eyesores as well.  UO is better off with the housing rules that have existed since day one.  Your crap in your house doesn't load onto my screen unless I purposefully want it to by stepping onto your steps 

Well if the team killed the bamboo because of the hideous eyesores, they definitely need to completely remove those hideous eyesore crystal tiles and walls...
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited March 2019

Stumbled across some new construction going on just now.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

Some of the custom colors/designs were awful but I think looking at blank plots with random objects floating in the air is even more of an eyesore.

No wonder the whole world is going crazy.
    people should mind their own business and stop worrying about the next door house. Bitching about Lag??? What you want next?? Kill EM events?? Bc too many people on the same screen? Why not remove magery from the game? Bc i dont want to see their spell over their head.... gime a break and mind ur own damn business, NO one asked for this change other than the EC people and their crap computer
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    LOLOLOLOL.  Tell ya what when they bring back the vendor bug and roof bugs, ill allow you to have your bamboo floors back.   Both of those were around just as long before they were fixed.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    LOL, team finally fixes a bug correctly and you 20+ account holding complain about it.   There is no reason for people to have that many accounts unless they are doing something suspicious and illegal.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
    There is a litte thing that you seems to ignore: those 20+ Accounts holders (and BT knows how much I hate their economical trans-Shards Oligarchy!) are the ones that keep UO economically afloat, and if you really believe it isn't so, WATDR, you are just a little bit delusional.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Anytime anyone complains about an exploit being fixed because they were abusing it, I just find the selfishness very disappointing. Especially in a game like UO. I wonder what sort of people they are irl, probably live in big cities and have no concept of community. How do they survive by being so selfish? Maybe in this modern era they thrive. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Ok, I just took a stroll around ATL Luna after some days AFK.

What can I say... WATDR, "fixing" Bamboo Tiles was...

Worst.
    Idea.
    Ever.
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    Man, this is awesome. One of the best bug fixes ever, great job team!
  • Superfrog said:
    Man, this is awesome. One of the best bug fixes ever, great job team!
    Absolutely!
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I'm still trying to figure out WATDR  :/

• I'm still trying to figure out WATDR  :/

Me too.  I even Googled it.  Came up nada.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    A walk through of Atl Luna was just as lagy as before the fix.