Training Fishing beyond 100 ....

Is this normal ?

I have been fishing intensively but noticed that, beyond 100, helps nothing (with gaining skill points) when fishing Shore Fish, close to nothing when fishing Crabs and Lobsters (only 0.1 skill gain over fishing some 900-1,000 crabs and Lobsters in between ordinary ones and named ones during several hours of crabs/lobsters traps fishing) and only some, reduced gains, when doing Deep Sea fishing....

Have not yet tried with Dungeon fishing....

Does anyone know what "really" helps Fishing skill gains when past 110 skill level ?

I have thought of using Alacrity scrolls but, with gains be so scarce and unpredictable, it would be a total waste of the scrolls as they only last 15 minutes....

And Scrolls of Trascendence for Fishing are too expensive for my pockets....

So, my only option is practising the skill....

Question is, what really brings better gains when doing it past 110 Fishing skill level ?

Thanks !

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    at that level I opened my MIBs...
    I get lot of those from the Krakens while doing the prep for Zipactriotl
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    edited March 2019
    Fish only in deep water, nowhere else. That includes crab/lobster fishing. Get a 'crystal ball of knowledge' if the message comes up 'too easy' you're not in deep enough water.

Can also get gains fishing up Mibs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Fish only in deep water, nowhere else. That includes crab/lobster fishing. Get a 'crystal ball of knowledge' if the message comes up 'too easy' you're not in deep enough water.

Can also get gains fishing up Mibs
    "Fish only in deep water, nowhere else. That includes crab/lobster fishing."

I am surprised that you mention crabs/lobsters fishing because, as I mentioned, I spent several hours dropping traps for crabs/lobsters and only gained 0.1 skill over about 1,000 crabs and lobsters caught in between the regular ones and the names ones....

I caught about 30 each of the 12 named crabs/lobsters (about 360 total...) plus about 120-130 each of the 4 regular crabs/lobsters.... so, in total, roughly, about 850-900 crabs/lobsters catches and that yielded me only a mere 0.1 skill gain....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    I mentioned it because you hadn't said where you did your lobster fishing. Some people don't realise, until they see messages from the ball of knowledge, that lobster fishing gains are affected by the depth. Place your pots near shore and the crystal ball will tell you 'too easy'.  Move out from shore until you get an 'easy' message.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,793

I fish about 20 tiles outside of the Vesper guard zone and have had no problems with skill gain above 100.  And no problems with skill gain shallow water fishing in the inlet north of the Vesper docks.