EC speed

You guys really need to fix EC speed. Im sick of being chased down while we are running straight line.
And yes, i dont like to play EC. So please, make both clients speed same. Ull lose last customers with this stuff, at least half that like CC.
    No results for this poll

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• xxxVideoxxxVideo Posts: 59
    i don't care if its duplicate or triplicate
    this should be done ASAP.
    anyone who gives a sh*t about this please bump this thread.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You go Vid
  • LynkLynk Posts: 186
    Its not really a straight line running issue... Its when they run through forest areas or any area with impassible objects.  They gain 1 tile on you whenever you turn to go around something. and you dont rubber band when pursuing on a dexer.

They tried to do that for CC but it really sucks and doesnt work at all.
    Lynk said:
    Its not really a straight line running issue... Its when they run through forest areas or any area with impassible objects.  They gain 1 tile on you whenever you turn to go around something. and you dont rubber band when pursuing on a dexer.

They tried to do that for CC but it really sucks and doesnt work at all.
    dude EC and CC are completely different on moving system. And EC can chase u down even on straight line. Moreover as u said they gain 1 tile on each tile they bounce off, so if there is few people chasing you down on EC's they are gaining speed just bouncing off each other, while CC players getting lagspikes each time they step on some mobile w/o full stamina.
    edited March 2019
    There is no doubt that there are differences.

If someone is on EC on foot (and i'm mounted), I can't even weaken spam them to prevent them casting animal form as they move so fast (i lose a couple of tiles just to cast weaken), but my friends using EC can keep people from animal forming by casting weaken no problem.

This is a combination of running and casting speed differences that make the game unfair.

Is this an "enhanced" feature?

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• ezikelezikel Posts: 90
    ec is not faster but its true they ave a problem of speed match in the game.alot of time i get footed with a no dachi and i was 3 title in front of the guys and am not lagging. i ping 13 to 28 on atl with a good connection 930 mgbits and pc gamer.ec is not that great that  people think.play a mage on sux with the target systeme that if the enemis move you lost your spell or somethings attack you went you cast the spell go on him.the huge lag with lego house.Dont see most of the effect of the spell and special.One tiles dexxer that dont swing went your on the guys.you dont ave friend list for your target and you cant choose player or mods.so if you use a macro close enemies target you attack anything birds, cats ,your reds guildmate.ec dont need nerf ,he need some love they ave so many bug and uncomplete stuff
    ezikel said:
    ec is not faster but its true they ave a problem of speed match in the game.alot of time i get footed with a no dachi and i was 3 title in front of the guys and am not lagging. i ping 13 to 28 on atl with a good connection 930 mgbits and pc gamer.ec is not that great that  people think.play a mage on sux with the target systeme that if the enemis move you lost your spell or somethings attack you went you cast the spell go on him.the huge lag with lego house.Dont see most of the effect of the spell and special.One tiles dexxer that dont swing went your on the guys.you dont ave friend list for your target and you cant choose player or mods.so if you use a macro close enemies target you attack anything birds, cats ,your reds guildmate.ec dont need nerf ,he need some love they ave so many bug and uncomplete stuff
    i dont care on the target system and other EC issues, if you are not happy with that go make a thread and ask to fix.
    We are talking on EC running speed compared to CC players. Its like a running speedhack. 
    This stuff need to be fixed, the way does not matter, either fixing EC or CC but speed should be the same.
  • LynkLynk Posts: 186
    I am not entirely convinced you know what youre talking about.
  • ezikel said:
    you dont ave friend list for your target and you cant choose player or mods.
    care to explain about that friendlist in a bit more detail? did they add that to CC with the most recent update or are you referring to unspeakable third party programs that may or may not be on an approved third party programs list that we may or may not get one day, probably "soon"?

I'm asking for a friend...

I agree with some of your other statements by the way. EC comes with advantages and disadvantages, but after I finally made the switch I have to admit that underneath it all, it is the better client.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    I’m 100% for fair play & a level playing field but this has been going on for years. I’m not against a speed/movement fix of some kind, in fact I’d love to see it happen. Realistically, it’s been this way forever & I don’t see any higher ups caring enough to allocate resources to change. It may not be inaction on their part, it may not even be possible with the way the clients were written.

Good luck with your dilemma & I hope it gets addressed but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I solved this problem a few years ago by finding another game to play for PvP ;)
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    Max_Blackoak said:

...are you referring to unspeakable third party programs that may or may not be on an approved third party programs list that we may or may not get one day, probably "soon"?

I'm asking for a friend...

LOL
    That killed me  :D
    I would rather EC speed be slowed down rather than CC sped up cos currently on CC, the way people skip around from moving so fast from either being on EC or using a speeder on CC to compensate looks so stupid. I will show a vid example soon of just how you have 0 chance of targeting someone nowadays without next target macro.

edited March 2019
    See how on CC you have 0 chance against people on EC, they just catch up with you and deathstrike you no problem. 2 times deathstike when i'm moving and then eventually splinter kicks in. I only pressed record cos I could tell one of the people chasing me was on EC and thought here we go...

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    I used to think that the speed of the EC was way faster....
    then my husband bought me a gamer PC for Christmas.
    (which ended up being cheaper than the computers we had previously gotten, by renting to own)

The first time I went to go do Medusa, an EC user & I left the Abyss house at the same time... I arrived at the Medusa area before he did... 

And I also have to say... that with this computer, the lag in game has been cut down drastically... except for the EM events... but they are lot better than they were before. 
  • ezikelezikel Posts: 90
    Mervyn said:
    See how on CC you have 0 chance against people on EC, they just catch up with you and deathstrike you no problem. 2 times deathstike when i'm moving and then eventually splinter kicks in. I only pressed record cos I could tell one of the people chasing me was on EC and thought here we go...

i got the same things happen to me and i play ecsometimes I have the impression that the game follows the slowest of the players. often I get shots and I am one or two tile ahead. I have already made the test ec vs cc. cc side we see it go ahead and dismount me. while ec side it is not even close and boom I back 2 tile and I'm on foot.ec is not faster ,its only speed match between play 
  • SummonedSummoned Posts: 37
    edited April 2019
    After watching your video... The problem isn't the speed... It's your jerky running..  Man that's bad. (no offense) Not sure if that's the way CC is? But it's pretty bad.. EC is nice and smooth.. Do you have always run on? Doesn't look like it. I don't think it's a speed issue, it's more of a control issue. 
    Summoned said:
    After watching your video... The problem isn't the speed... It's your jerky running..  Man that's bad. (no offense) Not sure if that's the way CC is? But it's pretty bad.. EC is nice and smooth.. Do you have always run on? Doesn't look like it. I don't think it's a speed issue, it's more of a control issue. 
    u probably don't even know what is splintering ?

You post a lame video of you out running 2 people and now your crying about EC speed... The comment about Splintering goes to show your character. PVP isn't for everyone. 
    Summoned said:

You post a lame video of you out running 2 people and now your crying about EC speed... The comment about Splintering goes to show your character. PVP isn't for everyone. 
    First off i did not post any video.
    For second, the guy on video walks cuz he got splintering hit.
    You are bad player if you think the speed on clients is equal. They use complitely different moving system and new one is waaay faster.
    I will do a video to show everyone how fast EC is compared to classic when i will have time.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    I have been helping returning players and the ones using EC have to stop and wait on me. 

It's obvious in any facet under any circumstances. 
    xxxVideo said:
    You guys really need to fix EC speed. Im sick of being chased down while we are running straight line.
    And yes, i dont like to play EC. So please, make both clients speed same. Ull lose last customers with this stuff, at least half that like CC.
    We already know it is different and guess what, we are still here so it must not have bothered all those CC users that much.  Can we consider this another one of those doom and gloom posts.
  • Did something change to make the cc slower?  No? Then I doubt UO will lose half its population because they tried to make a better client but these same people didn't want to give up their old art or assisting programs.  Stubborn people are stubborn, they aren't going anywhere.
    Did something change to make the cc slower?  No? Then I doubt UO will lose half its population because they tried to make a better client but these same people didn't want to give up their old art or assisting programs.  Stubborn people are stubborn, they aren't going anywhere.
    So we are suppose to accept fuggly art to satisfy the EC users and with the changes to the CC the only program required is UOA to run UOAM.  You can keep your fuggly art because the devs are adding features to the CC to help the beautiful art client.
  • Bilbo said:
    Did something change to make the cc slower?  No? Then I doubt UO will lose half its population because they tried to make a better client but these same people didn't want to give up their old art or assisting programs.  Stubborn people are stubborn, they aren't going anywhere.
    So we are suppose to accept fuggly art to satisfy the EC users and with the changes to the CC the only program required is UOA to run UOAM.  You can keep your fuggly art because the devs are adding features to the CC to help the beautiful art client.
    Not really telling any one to do anything.  I view the client wars as silly.  I enjoy the ec, but to each their own.  It's just sad because with all the requests for broadsword to try and cobble in every features and performance into the cc, it would probably be easier for them to abandon the CC, and improve the art for the EC.  Only complication there is the third party stuff.  I'm indifferent.  Was just trying to point out how it's not like the cc changed to cause this issue and that people won't be unsubbing en masse because of it.
    And if they would provide us with CC Graphics and UOAM in the EC then we might be able to go to one client and there may be one or two additions but for the most part IMHO the EC Client is better than CC + UOA esp with the added crafting menus.
    You can use uoam if you add a UI plug in to EC or just play pincos UI. You have to download the map files. But it's easy to add. I have been trying to play CC after playing EC for a long time and it's like going from driving a Tesla to driving a car without power steering. I'm not sure how anyone runs from a mogbat in CC. But that's why they call it classic! 
    Summoned said:
    You can use uoam if you add a UI plug in to EC or just play pincos UI. You have to download the map files. But it's easy to add. I have been trying to play CC after playing EC for a long time and it's like going from driving a Tesla to driving a car without power steering. I'm not sure how anyone runs from a mogbat in CC. But that's why they call it classic! 
    How many points of interest can you put into the ECs Map?  I generally put in the location of 100 SOSs before I set sail using UOAM/UOA, can you do the same with EC Map?
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    Summoned said:
    UOAM does not work with the EC.
    You're talking about UOCartographer. Carto works for both, EC and CC. It basically offers the same features as UOAM does, except for the chat (just use guild/alliance chat, party chat or general chat for that)
    How many points of interest can you put into the ECs Map?  I generally put in the location of 100 SOSs before I set sail using UOAM/UOA, can you do the same with EC Map?

You can set points... As for how many I'm not sure. I know you can set "way points" with sos's and just sail right to them. Not sure how that works in CC.