Pie Safe and China Cabinet bugs

RubyKnightRubyKnight Posts: 192
edited March 2019 in Test Center
@Kronix I notice 2 things right off the bat with the pie safe and china cabinet. First, they stick up through the second floor if places on a counter top and second, the pie safe doors won't close after it is opened.
ICQ 568300481

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    In both these cases, the objects are working as intended. 
  • RubyKnightRubyKnight Posts: 192
    Seriously? The items are intended to go through the floor and remain open never to be closed? You guys might want to check to see why you 'intentionally' put in broken content. I wish my job would allow me to intentionally do a crappy job.
    ICQ 568300481
    If you double click the object it will transition from an open to a closed state and vice-versa.  The reason it does not automatically change is because doing so would prevent the display of the contents.  The decision on which state to display is up to the player utilizing the items.

As for it sticking through the floor - these objects are the same height as existing cabinetry (plain and fancy armoires) and are designed to sit on the floor.  The only alternative within the constraints of the clients is to create objects that aren't as tall, which we will keep in mind for future versions of cabinetry.

Also - my name is "Kyronix", the tags won't ping if you miss the "y". :)

Thanks for the feedback.

@Kyronix (sorry for the misspell earlier)What I was saying is the pie safe does not close once opened. The china cabinet does but not the pie safe. I double clicked it multiple times and it would not close. It will only open the storage gump leaving the item art still open.
    ICQ 568300481
    Ahhh - that in fact is an issue that we will resolve before Origin/WW!  Thanks for the report!
    @ Kyronix (sorry for the misspell earlier)What I was saying is the pie safe does not close once opened. The china cabinet does but not the pie safe. I double clicked it multiple times and it would not close. It will only open the storage gump leaving the item art still open.
    How did you manipulate the pie safe?  Move it? Drop it in your pack? Turn it?  Trying to reproduce the issue you are seeing and it opens and closes - do you have the object on TC1 still?  If you give me the XY coordinate that would be very helpful!
    @Kyronix placed it and turned it. in my castle on TC1 129.12'S 44.77'E (1960, 3094) Fel side
    ICQ 568300481
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    edited March 2019
    @Kyronix I experienced the same issue, but only with the China Cabinet. It works fine until it gets turned, then you cannot open the gump again.

Edit:

Correction, it is happening on both the Pie Safe and China Cabinet. I believe these are the steps to reproduce:

1. Place one of the Cabinets on the ground
    2. Open the Cabinet
    3. Turn the Cabinet while it is in the opened-door state
    4. You can no longer open the gump after turning it

Turning it again does not fix the issue, it looks like it is permanently broken once it enters this state.

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    edited March 2019
    Kyronix said:

Also - my name is "Kyronix", the tags won't ping if you miss the "y". :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Frankly I prefer the lack of an y  >:)
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    When I fill the water basin with water or "turn" on the stove they disappear.  They still show when I mouse over them but the graphic is gone.  Logging on and off sometimes fixes it, shutting down UO fixes.  There is a major glitch with EC and some of the items that have animation.  I have to mouse over my 1 tile soulforge to see it at all some times.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited March 2019
    I have had no issues with either the pie safe or china cabinet in CC.
    maybe its an issue with EC?

however, notes say water basin is a water source, I can't figure out how its a water source.
    it doesn't do anything in CC

does the butcher block do anything? it keeps telling me, you are not allowed to access this when I accidently clicked on it.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited March 2019
    I have had no issues with either the pie safe or china cabinet in CC.
    maybe its an issue with EC?

@Khyro was reproducing the issue I had found using the CC and confirming it happens in the EC as well.  He was kind enough to make a video of the bug as I had been too busy to post here. 

You have to open the cabinet and then turn it.  It's gotten stuck every time I've done it that way.  I have thusfar been able to reproduce it with 100% success. 
    edited March 2019
    I tried what you were saying several times and it was opening and closing.
    until I retrieved it and then went to secure it again... 
    now I'm having the same issue you are... but it only started after I retrieved it (pie safe)
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Only played around with the kitchen items for a short time so this is certainly not how I'd leave things or finish things off.  You can turn the pie safe and china cabinet into upper cabinets if you want to use up two rows of tiles. I raised them up two clicks.

Gets a little funky when you turn the corner, creating an X. And it gets funky again where you leave off on the east end. You'd have to finish that east end off with something to hide where the two pieces meet. But nothing sticks through the ceiling into the room above.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I thought I'd read that there was animation for the water basin. No? Anyway, I've single clicked and double clicked all over the thing and find no way to 'turn the water on'. In general I think the round water pail sink looks a little too rustic and a bit out of place compared to the rest of the cabinetry. I'm not sure but I think a rectangular shape would have made it look a little less rustic?

I don't care for the Butcher Block table as much as I want to. I think the scale is off. It's too small. 

The scale would The scale would be just fine if you could put pieces together seamlessly to make a larger table, like you can with the countertops. Unfortunately, you can see in the first picture, they don't fit together without looking like separate pieces. And even if they did fit together seamlessly, I don't want four meat cleavers on the larger table I've created. I'd rather place items on the table myself. So I wouldn't have to hide preplaced items by strategically placing other items on top of them.  

Thanks!
    Fill your sink up first,  Works like a water barrel.

Thanks everyone for the reports!
    Oooooh! Thanks, Kyronix! ;-)
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    now I'm having the same issue you are... but it only started after I retrieved it (pie safe)
    All my tests, i didn't have to lock it down.  Just place it on the ground, open it, then pick it up and replace it on the ground so it's facing another direction, doors will no longer close.  
    edited March 2019

Violet said:
    All my tests, i didn't have to lock it down.  Just place it on the ground, open it, then pick it up and replace it on the ground so it's facing another direction, doors will no longer close.  

I opened and closed both multiple times in my backpack. I even placed it on the floor without locking it down or securing it... I did this multiple times. And I even secured it and moved everything around, so I could take screen shots. I didn't experience this at all until it was mentioned that you had to turn it and then click on the doors... in order to turn it, it has to be locked down or secure. once I did that, it would still open and close. It wasn't til after I retrieved it, that I started to get an issue with it... I can't remember if I tried to close the doors in my backpack before placing it back down. I just know that when I locked it down again, that the doors are now open and doesn't close... 
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227

I opened and closed both multiple times in my backpack. I even placed it on the floor without locking it down or securing it... I did this multiple times. And I even secured it and moved everything around, so I could take screen shots. I didn't experience this at all until it was mentioned that you had to turn it and then click on the doors... in order to turn it, it has to be locked down or secure. once I did that, it would still open and close. It wasn't til after I retrieved it, that I started to get an issue with it... I can't remember if I tried to close the doors in my backpack before placing it back down. I just know that when I locked it down again, that the doors are now open and doesn't close... 
    It's being over complicated. You can turn an item without locking it down by placing it in a different position relative to your character (See my video above).

The steps to 100% reproduce this are as simple as:

1. Place the cabinet on the ground
    2. Open the cabinet doors
    3. Pick up and move the cabinet next to you so it turns (if it doesn't turn when you drop it, try different spots)
    4. The cabinet is now bugged and the gump cannot be opened.

If the doors are closed when you turn it, the bug does not happen. Unfortunately once the bug occurs, the doors can no longer be closed so there is no way to fix the cabinet once it enters this state.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    I can't place anything on the butcher block.  Tried in EC & CC.  I just get a clicking noise when I try.

edited March 2019
    ZekeTerra said:
    I can't place anything on the butcher block.  Tried in EC & CC.  I just get a clicking noise when I try.

Try coming at it from the southeast corner. You can put stuff on it. Try a small pouch that you put items in and then axe the pouch. Those things land on just about anything easily.

P.S. That sink looks a lot better, less rustic, once it has water in it. 
  • @Kyronix I too have a pie safe with the doors stuck open. Please fix :)
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    ZekeTerra said:
    When I fill the water basin with water or "turn" on the stove they disappear.  They still show when I mouse over them but the graphic is gone.  Logging on and off sometimes fixes it, shutting down UO fixes.  There is a major glitch with EC and some of the items that have animation.  I have to mouse over my 1 tile soulforge to see it at all some times.
    This happens frequently with some other items with two "states" too, as, e.g., Fireplaces