Revenants not working?

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
I’ll be conducting an investigation. I’ve received reports of revenants losing targets outside of guardzones. From what I can tell it’s a very recent issue. Who has witnessed this? 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Are you the BUG Report Guy now.  Is everyone suppose to report their bugs to you so you can investigate them.  PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT REPORT YOUR BUGS TO THIS PERSON, PLEASE REPORT THEM USING A IN GAME BUG REPORT OR PM A MOD OR A DEV HERE WITH YOUR REPORT.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    The problem is Bilbo, someone reports a bug let’s say revenants and someone reports something like “revenants don’t work anymore” and a dev who doesn’t pvp would have no clue what is wrong with them from such a statement. They test the revenant and it seems fine and they ignore the report.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Mervyn said:
    I’ll be conducting an investigation. I’ve received reports of revenants losing targets outside of guardzones. From what I can tell it’s a very recent issue. Who has witnessed this? 

WHEN DID YOU START WORKING FOR UO
     The problem is that you say you received reports, why the hell is anybody sending you reports about anything.  We do not need a player getting bug reports so he may pick which ones he thinks are worthy of reporting or better yet get reports that are exploits and not report them but uses them and allows his friends to do the same.

NO PLAYER SHOULD RECEIVE BUG REPORTS
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Not picking a side here, but I think the point Merv is trying to make is that he is trying to take a general issue of something not working and test it enough to provide the specifics that a true bug report would need in order to be replicated and fixed.

Obviously if another player has already done this then it should go straight to the devs and there is no need to send it to Merv.

While I don’t always agree with Merv, or Bilbo, I do appreciate Merv’s willingness to dive into the mechanics of things to figure out why some things work or don’t work the way they do.
    He stated that people reported it to him not the DEVs, that is not right.
    edited February 2019
    If the devs were on their icq list and paid them 1 mill also, I’m sure they’d be the first port of call. 

So you are paying people to send you bugs/exploits.
    yes 1 mill per