Cleanup Britannia Update!

Comments

• EXACTLY
    Some good items have been offered but I draw the line on bods...   reason is if they added them to the turn in would you like some idoc'r to drop a book full of val plate parts in the trash for 100 book points?? Just because they don't do bods.  I have picked up a few books at house falls.  Not that the books have any great stuff... sometimes   oh wait I am getting off topic...  Cards from the gift boxes is a nice one.  Id like a higher point value  it might help clear up some junk.  
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    Mervyn said:
    Please stay on topic, they are asking for items to turn in, not rewards. 

Actually true, I misread in fact.

I read it as in my head;

"We are looking to update the list of items you can turn in {for points}, and are looking for feedback on what items we should add {to the rewards}.

Another item to add to the clean-up points;

The books you receive from the Untranslated Tome quests in Ter Mur.

You receive 1 book per Tome quest, you can get up to 2 Tomes off a Medusa for example, they build up fast, you don't really want to keep them, unless maybe the Special Editions.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,789
    Everything that has ever been given as a gift, including cards and containers. (Older gift turn in points should be increased)

Containers from UO store purchases.

Old Treasures of... artifacts.

The high-hit special invasion weapons that still have no use. 

Invasion spellbooks.

Quest leftovers (scrolls, books, etc)

Basically, everything

We mages can make use of the invasion spell books.  I recently bought 4 of them on Atlantic. If you don't want yours I might be willing to buy them for the right price.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,789

Some things that need cleanup points:

• Body parts that we get as loot.
    • Footwear we get while fishing.
    • Spell books.
    • Coil's Fang
    • Healthy Gland of a plague beast.
  • Mervyn said:
    Please stay on topic, they are asking for items to turn in, not rewards. 
    He actually is asking for both
     Kyronix said:
    Spring is right around the corner and it's time to clean up Britannia!  We are looking to update the list of items you can turn in, and are looking for feedback on what items we should add.  Post below!

The part where he says "what items we should add"  is directing us to give suggestions for adding reward items. @Kyronix please let me know if I am wrong
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    I don't think they can add any kind of written book, from Ter Mur quests, from fishing rewards etc. They used to get points, then someone spoiled that idea at the outset by buying blank books, copying the quest books and getting clean up points for them. The books had to be removed.

I would like added the demonic amulet, soul trapped in a phylactery and other items in that set.
  • let's just say everything should have at least some small point value and move on.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2019
    let's just say everything should have at least some small point value and move on.
    Aye, I think this is a good point. We cannot be sure how busy or if they would miss out an item in future. There are also many items to list, so why not have a small default turn in value for everything else. 

Another way is to tag this default turn-in value to the gold value, which (I am not sure) is generated by default. 

For clarity, this proposal refers to "every other item" not specifically called out in this thread. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Seth said:
    let's just say everything should have at least some small point value and move on.
    Aye, I think this is a good point. We cannot be sure how busy or if they would miss out an item in future. There are also many items to list, so why not have a small default turn in value for everything else. 

Another way is to tag this default turn-in value to the gold value, which (I am not sure) is generated by default. 

For clarity, this proposal refers to "every other item" not specifically called out in this thread. 
    Let them assign a general value to all items that currently have 0, and if we feel it is not enough, we can do what we always do. start polls and threads to get it changed.

• Please give cleanup points to:

- all holiday / gift items (cards, boxes, bags, etc a lot of them from last few issues have 0 points)
    - Inoperable automaton heads / power coils from eoden
    - dread pirate death certificates
    - all stealables
    - mastery primers
    - explosive liquor from Lady M
    - monster 'paintings' for Trinsic toymaker  from the obsidian statue quests
    - all potions / pirate supplies / scroll of transcendence that are produced from store items
    - reagents
    - food from pirate ship chests

Please add as rewards to the cleanup table:

- new armor set 'Dread Pirate Clothes', when combined on a toon uses 25% less cannon supplies
    - new armor set 'Brittanian Royal Navy Uniform', when combined on a toon provides 25% stronger cannon attacks
    - new sash 'Royal Treasurer Sash' that has the mod '200 Luck'
    - new cloak 'Royal Treasurer Cloak' that has the mod '200 Luck'
    - new earrings 'Royal Treasurer Earrings' that have the mod '200 Luck'
    - if all three 'Royal Treasurer items are worn with the turn-in jewelry set, there is an additional 200 Luck bonus
    - new dyes
    - 'Treasure Hunting Shovel' when used to dig a treasure map provides a 20% chance to raise the level of the chest by one level
    - unique 'tattered flags' deed, when dbl clicked it provides a target, targetting a dread pirate death certificate creates a tattered flag with a random special hue that reads "A Tattered Flag Recoverd from the ship of [dread pirate name on deed]" (house deco)
    - random colored (with rare hue chances) spell channeling 'Ship's Lantern', when equipped it adds 1 tile distance to the aread of digging for a treasure map

Thanks!

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 637
    edited January 2019
    Meteorites, but only if you change it prior to February 9 when we drop the Meteorite House on Baja. There's over 1,450 of them locked down. (shameless plug)

All those potions you get from the barrel sponge cactus.

The gift boxes from the Christmas Tree Grumpy Crafter's event.

The Marble Bar pieces

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    edited January 2019
    the plants pulled from the wheelbarrows
    formal dining table
    buffet table
    ale table
    potted coffee plant
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679

would love to have these giftboxes worth cleanup points too
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Meteorites, but only if you change it prior to February 9 when we drop the Meteorite House on Baja. There's over 1,450 of them locked down. (shameless plug)

All those potions you get from the barrel sponge cactus.

The gift boxes from the Christmas Tree Grumpy Crafter's event.

>>>The Marble Bar pieces<<<

Hey! If you have some Marble Bar pieces on ATL or Europa to get rid of I will happily help you to do it! :)
    I.

• Since they have been mentioned at one point I just want to add. Personal bless deeds are account bound now so you can bless the antique or brittle thing till it's about to be destroyed then remove the blessing because you will lose it if it's destroyed. I tested it on TC1 and can confirm that I tried it with 3 different things a splintering weapon a antique ring and a piece of pants all three were destroyed and the personal bless deed did not return to the character so you have to be mindful of that but they made having a "clean" legendary less of a big deal I don't care if something breaks so long as I don't have to pay a ton for insurance.
  • Since they have been mentioned at one point I just want to add. Personal bless deeds are account bound now so you can bless the antique or brittle thing till it's about to be destroyed then remove the blessing because you will lose it if it's destroyed. I tested it on TC1 and can confirm that I tried it with 3 different things a splintering weapon a antique ring and a piece of pants all three were destroyed and the personal bless deed did not return to the character so you have to be mindful of that but they made having a "clean" legendary less of a big deal I don't care if something breaks so long as I don't have to pay a ton for insurance.
    Since when has it destroyed the deed? the last few times that happened to me the deed popped into my pack.

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    I guess I may have misunderstood the post at the top. I thought they wanted suggestions on items to turn in for points and also for items to add to the rewards list.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,043
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    A NEW pirate hat that starts plain.  But you can activate its menu and it will consume any headgear and take the properties and material properties from that head gear.  It would show the name as "Material that made the original" "old item name"  Pirate Hat.

Just like the totem works on costumes.

Please.
    Psst... good idea but posted in wrong thread, isn't this for High Seas?

Well darn. Ill have to post it in the correct thread.

I just want Antique items added and second the Cards.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Some of the drops of the roof. The spear, shield, bow and sword.
    Crafting talisman as a reward with 25-30 intensity or crafting talisman with either fix 40 intensity in one of both(ex. Or skill) slots and 20 to 30 in the other.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    I don't think they can add any kind of written book, from Ter Mur quests, from fishing rewards etc. They used to get points, then someone spoiled that idea at the outset by buying blank books, copying the quest books and getting clean up points for them. The books had to be removed.

I would like added the demonic amulet, soul trapped in a phylactery and other items in that set.
    How hard would it be to code the "spawned" books with a special code ID tag that would differentiate them from the "copied" books and allow points ONLY for the original, spawned books but NOT for any copied book ?

It would only need, I would imagine, to code the "copying" process in a way where the mere text is copied onto the blank book but the book ID TAG, reserved for the Clean Up mechanics to awards points upon turning it in, would NOT transfer over to the copied book which would then still remain with a DIFFERENT ID Tag which would be rejected by the Clean UP mechanics as rewardable with points...

Problem solved.

I think there is many spawned books which could receive a great service from being turnable for Clean Up.

The very first one that comes to my mind are the Fishing Handbooks received from Fishmongers' Quests as rewards.

They take LOTS of resources that require hard work and time to gather, including Dungeon fish, named crabs and lobsters and, most importantly, they void sometimes even 5 or 6 lines 20 counts Orders which could instead yield much better and usefull rewards but, instead, because of the evil RNG provide a totally useless and worthless Handbook....

And Quests RESET to a lower number of lines once that useless, worthless Handbook Reward has been handed out which it means, more work to be done to bring back to 5 or 6 lines that would Award a better and more usefull Reward..... only to then get yet another, unpteenth, useless and worthless Handbook....

Thanks but no, AT THE VERY LEAST find a way to make these useless and worthless Reward but consuming hardwork, time and resources to the player to be worth a good many Clean Up Points.....
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Calavera said:
    @ Kyronix 

Please give cleanup points to:

- all holiday / gift items (cards, boxes, bags, etc a lot of them from last few issues have 0 points)
    - Inoperable automaton heads / power coils from eoden
    - dread pirate death certificates
    - all stealables
    - mastery primers
    - explosive liquor from Lady M
    - monster 'paintings' for Trinsic toymaker  from the obsidian statue quests
    - all potions / pirate supplies / scroll of transcendence that are produced from store items
    - reagents
    - food from pirate ship chests

Please add as rewards to the cleanup table:

- new armor set 'Dread Pirate Clothes', when combined on a toon uses 25% less cannon supplies
    - new armor set 'Brittanian Royal Navy Uniform', when combined on a toon provides 25% stronger cannon attacks
    - new sash 'Royal Treasurer Sash' that has the mod '200 Luck'
    - new cloak 'Royal Treasurer Cloak' that has the mod '200 Luck'
    - new earrings 'Royal Treasurer Earrings' that have the mod '200 Luck'
    - if all three 'Royal Treasurer items are worn with the turn-in jewelry set, there is an additional 200 Luck bonus
    - new dyes
    - 'Treasure Hunting Shovel' when used to dig a treasure map provides a 20% chance to raise the level of the chest by one level
    - unique 'tattered flags' deed, when dbl clicked it provides a target, targetting a dread pirate death certificate creates a tattered flag with a random special hue that reads "A Tattered Flag Recoverd from the ship of [dread pirate name on deed]" (house deco)
    - random colored (with rare hue chances) spell channeling 'Ship's Lantern', when equipped it adds 1 tile distance to the aread of digging for a treasure map

Thanks!

And @Kyronix , please put @Calavera on any future High Seas think tank groups, he's got the right ideas in his head.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Since when has it destroyed the deed? the last few times that happened to me the deed popped into my pack.
    Apparently they did change it. I went to test with a low durabilty weapon and beat on the rat spawns until it poofed, the PBD went with it.  @Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak is this intended, and if so what was the intention behind it?  they used to pop back in your backpack when whatever they were used on was destroyed.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209

YES!
  • antique rings and bracelets should give clean up points too
    as mentioned above anniversary and xmas gift containers, cards etc.
    mastery primers
    goza mats

on the clean up rewards side I wouldn't mind seeing luck items for belt, sash and quiver slot.
  • For rewards, put a LRC 25% ring & LRC 25% braclet, when worn together give bonus LRC 50%.

Then all my crafters and alts can wear regular ole clothes instead of armor.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Since the Name of this is "Clean Up Britannia" I don't think anything we wouldn't normally keep or get with little or no effort should be awarded points or at least not many. If empty BODs were worth points even I could write the macro to pop into luna get the 15 BODs and then dump them into the trash. Filled BODs that's something I could get behind, but then again thats what we have the Xmas craft elf for. 

I think loot items should give some points based on their Imbuding "unraveled" value. Maybe 1 point per "magic residue", 10 per Enchanted Essance and 100 per relic Fragment. Enough points to make it worth putting it in trash but not enough to be worth farming low end critters. That would cover most of the items that aren't already covered.

For new reward I would like a blue box. Ideally a second or third trash barrel for houses with the ability to designate which character gets the points. I'd settle for a blue box or some other trash can looking container. If you go with the full trash barrel idea don't make it placeable on ships that would be worth way too many points. I know the wife (fisher woman) would give 1,000,000 or more points for that. :)
  • Primers all levels and gift boxes please to be considered thank you x
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    @Mervyn he asked for both.  LTR.
  • ZekeTerra said:
    @ Mervyn he asked for both.  LTR.
    Ok didnt see.. thank you x

• A deed that allows you to alter clothing or items back from Garg to Human would be a nice addition. 
    Standard Metal Dye tub!
This discussion has been closed.