Major election screwup - governors removed from stone before election ends?

BasaraBasara Posts: 163
I'm on Lake Austin, and my character is governor of Britain. 

I'm also the only candidate on the stone for the current election.

I logged in today 12/12 to the message that the King thanked me for my service and was no longer governor. I go to the stone, and it says governor-elect "None". 

The stone ALSO says that the voting period runs to 12/15, and I'm still the only candidate (and have votes) on the stone.

What gives?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited December 2018
    Isn't there always a period of time between nomination and election where there is no Governor?

You always lose city title for that week.  I mean the citizen title given from a Governor.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    edited January 2019
    I was the ONLY governor on LA it happened to. The majority of the governors actually hunt with each other several times a week.

I got the title back when the election was over, but for several days I couldn't do my duties, and was getting questions over my departure.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited January 2019
    I have characters on LA, that I rarely log on to. You're probably also the only Governor on LA. ;-) You also titled the thread as Governors, and then say you're the only one its happened to. Can't you just get the LA EM to fix it for you, it doesn't sound like a bug, it sounds like a shortage of population.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Did you accept the office after the voting period was over?

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    I was the first or second to accept, actually.

7 of the 8 cities had governors, last I checked - and it was 8/8 before the election. 

One of my other characters on the same account as the governor transferred with a shard shield to a different shard, and got lost for a day and a half before Broadsword found it and sent it on its way to its destination - and when I logged back in on the Governor character DURING the election (during voting process - I was only candidate on the stone, confirmed), I suddenly got the message about thanking me for my service and my leaving the office - WHICH I DID NOT DO. As noted above, I won the election several days later and regained the office, but losing it for no apparent reason was disconcerting.