City Banners

Its been some time...

So I totally forget.  :-)

We get our city loyalty… or HAVE it already.  How do we get hold of the deeded city banners so we can display them in the house?

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
Proud member of the Department of Mayhem.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Buy from the Guard Captain like we have done for years...
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Any clue of the locations of these guys?

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited November 2018
    Imagine what all you could learn if you would , oh I don't know, read ? :P Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but now your posts are just getting silly.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Imagine what all you could learn if you would , oh I don't know, read ? :P Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but now your posts are just getting silly.

:D   @NOOBS.

Any clue of the locations of these guys?

In YEW!   Walk around and learn who the residents of the town are. The Stone is by Empath Abbey.   Everything else is within 2 screens of Heartwood entry.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    In Britain, he is on your way to the moongate, there is a chest next to his feet
  • Pawain… I dont mean this in a horrible way, vague clues really dont help.

"Look in the city in question, a chest is someplace."  Is about the translation.

Anyone else?

Sorry you mentioned Yew somewhere.  And I doubt you have the required loyalty for many cities or you would know where things are.  

Its under the Oak Tree in Yew.  Better?  The other cities are pretty easy to find.
  • Maybe its different on each shard.  I found the Yew guy inside the little wall room by the courthouse.  I guess our city fame degrades.  I couldn't buy a banner... and I dont understand how we gain fame, because I keep seeing a message saying something about city fame gains when I'm out killing stuff.

I wonder if this is still popular enough to warrant a runebook.

The gains are from killing stuff in Champ Spawns.  But they say that is very low.

Easiest way is to put 5k ingots in the trade deal chest.
  • I put quite a lot more then 5k ingots in.  Including boards, leather... basically every time they give me any leather, it goes in.  I dont use anything but barbed.  

Had to be something other then champion spawn... because I remember, firmly, getting 2 Yew and 2 Skara Brea... myself.  Yet, I have zero memory and I dont do champion spawns.

• you can get a rope from the guard captain and go capture raiders in the yew red camp (likely what you did the first time as they were in towns then), you can also do trade runs from the trade minister.  the gains from doing spawn is minuscule and not the best way to gain.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    I understand you are reluctant to make use of the several hundred guide pages in the uo player wiki but the information you seek can be found there.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Perhaps if the wiki was a little user friendly. I.E put a search bar on the top of the pages rather than only on the wiki home page. Not exactly rocket science. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited November 2018
    If you put 5K ingots in then you have enough status to vote and enough to buy a banner.
    Facts is facts.

What is your loyalty rating for those 2 cities?  Click self and click  Loyalty Rating.  Then click City Loyalty.

You do not lose loyalty daily like you used to.  You see a message when you log in telling to your loyalty is preserved.  You lose loyalty when you gain for other cities, but not a lot.
  • Yeah, Mariah... I dont do URLs.  In a discussion... if someone who has done can tell me, I dont see reason to sift through 20 pages of nonsense.  Its quite off-putting.  UO Guide was so much better.  So much easier to find information you need.

I'll try MORE ingots.  Bring a packy.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Good answer @Mariah
    I decided to click the link.  It tells where each Guard Captain is and shows a map.  Easier than walking around.

Very nice page.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    I certainly appreciate Mariah's help as I try to understand this game better.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Yeah, Mariah... I dont do URLs.  In a discussion... if someone who has done can tell me, I dont see reason to sift through 20 pages of nonsense.  Its quite off-putting.  UO Guide was so much better.  So much easier to find information you need.

I'll try MORE ingots.  Bring a packy.

UOguide is still active and still has the information you seek.