invisible properies with horned runic reforge

DraikeDraike Posts: 19
Can someone please look into this issue? I have done numerous reforging in the past several days on the TC1 with horned runic kit on studded armor, trying to see how 150 luck pieces are done. Majority of them are coming up with invisible property in the imbue menu. All things are considered as non- changed from before reforge ( durability, resists, non-med, etc). I know horned kit says min 3 max 4 properties. Got several items with 150 luck and another mod (dura, resists, non med same as before reforge) but when try to imbue it would say item already has 3 or 4 properties on it. Now, tried shadow hammer, on ringmail, min 2max 2 properties, all items coming up with correct amount of properties except: a lot of them only have 1 property ?! Any thoughts? thank you

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2018
    Post a pic for us,
    count the resists on it, assuming you have armslore, if it totals more than 35 then one or more properties will be resists. Then you can try selecting each resist individually when imbueing to see if it increases the number of properties (without committing)

as for the number of properties produced by each runic, you wrote “horned kit says min 3 max 4 properties” but you didn’t state your reading source. As far as i’m aware there are no official statistics published for min/max amount of properties of any given runic so can only presume your guide’s data is a rough estimate from a contributor’s experience.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DraikeDraike Posts: 19
    it's right here on uo.com under wiki section, and as i said before, with all things been same before/after reforge, still shows invisible property somewhere. I recorded item properties before and after, weeded out obvious things with increased durability, increased resists, etc. Checked avail imbue slots at imbue screen and that's how i made my conclusion-something is off.

• DraikeDraike Posts: 19
    unless of course it overrrode resist value before reforge with same exactly value after reforge. It wont show but still used up an imbue slot. Is this possible?
    That’s interesting, may have to check with @Mariah about the wiki data.

Could resist be a mod without actually adding resist? hmm not sure but maybe. Attempting to imbue each resist (but not committing) would still be able to tell you if this was the mod. Please post a pic next one you come across, 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,983Moderator
    Mervyn said:
    That’s interesting, may have to check with @ Mariah about the wiki data.

Could resist be a mod without actually adding resist? hmm not sure but maybe. Attempting to imbue each resist (but not committing) would still be able to tell you if this was the mod. Please post a pic next one you come across, 
    The wiki data is taken from the original UOHerald official playguide notes, the archive of which can be found here: https://uo.stratics.com/uoherald/guide/guide.php?guideId=130

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,079
    ^^^^  Reported for linking to that unofficial site.

The 3 to 4 properties is if you CRAFT the item using that tool.

Runic Reforging is different.  You said reforging in your post.

What choices are you picking in the menu?  Auspicious/ of Fortune will add luck.  Then the other choices will add a random property.

How many charges are you using per item?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Brilliant @pawain ;
    genuine good post 

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,983Moderator
    Pawain said:
    ^^^^  Reported for linking to that unofficial site.

The 3 to 4 properties is if you CRAFT the item using that tool.

Runic Reforging is different.  You said reforging in your post.

What choices are you picking in the menu?  Auspicious/ of Fortune will add luck.  Then the other choices will add a random property.

How many charges are you using per item?
    hmm. something of a conundrum there. Stratics is unofficial, but the uoherald archive came from uo.com, and is therefore official documentation.

Linking to that site, or any other fansite, is not forbidden, but linking to something which does not meet our ToS will see the link removed.
  • MagichandsMagichands Posts: 141
    edited November 2018
    I think pawain is right... He spoke about reforging and i made just yesterday for a player on Siege some pieces with luck using horned runic and i got some without problems... Just use auspicious/of fortune without powerful and you can get some plan 150 luck pieces... 3/4 properties limit are for crafting items with horned runic not for reforging <span>:smile:</span>
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,079
    @Mariah ; I was JK.  

Reforging takes many tries to just get the max luck and nothing else.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.