Taking gold along on a Shard Transfer...

Ok.  I totally hate not having the ability to make checks!!!

If you ask me, it was extremely short sighted.

HOWEVER.... I do, "kind of" like the fact I dont have to worry about transferring gold from one girl to another girl on the same account.  This little "issue" was an EASY-EASY fix thanks to vendors.  :-)  The same account could access the vendors, thus taking what they needed when finding a big-ticket item at a good price.  Was no need to share a gold dump otherwise... if nothing more to save space.  So I DO love saving space.  Again?  Gold dump vendor.  hehe

Transferring gold from 1 account you own to another account you own... it took me several tries to figure out this new system.  I used to keep 30 million gold checks in a special container so that was never an issue.

Now we come to transferring shards!  I'm totally lost.  My account on Atlantic shows 50+ million gold... my account on Izumo shows 10 million gold... that was moved a long time ago.  I wanted to  take MORE gold on a transfer... but we dont have checks any more.  An Atlantic girl went from Atlantic to Izumo... with over a billion gold in her account, zero gold on Izumo when that girl showed up.

So, I see this menu when opening the bank box via the NPC banker.  "Set gold in transfer account".  I put gold inside this on a different girl on Atlantic... nothing showed up on Izumo, same account.

What am I doing wrong?  Or would I need to do this on the same girl, before she goes the next time?

I still feel we should have million gold checks to avoid these issues.  Some of us got on long before this new system without much problems.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
Proud member of the Department of Mayhem.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Click on a banker and choose open bankbox.      A new gump appears.    Deposit into transfer account.  The gold will go with that toon one time.  Have to do same to bring gold back.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Rats.  When I tried that option, the one on Izumo was already on Izumo... so I'll have to try again in a couple days, after they get back.  Thankfully, my shopping pixie has 4m currently.  Not that I expect to run in to serious shopping traffic!  No commerce is as big as Atlantic... and thats down to 20% of what it used to be just 5 years ago.

Owner of the Red & Purple Mini Mall, established 2001. - The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood [Town] Atlantic Shard.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    If you have played for years you prob would never click a banker now.  I can see how someone would not know about it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I run stealthers a lot.  Sometimes so loaded, its a painful crawl to reach the bankbox.  hehe.  With the 3 new options in this menu... its just confusing.

I mean... if the entire account shares the gold?  Why not on every shard?  Its only logic.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    I think you will understand the process better if you read this page: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/money/