Caddelite Fishing Poles on Siege

They are using a charge when cast, and when you catch a fish so you are only getting 500 uses out of them. could you fix this please?  @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna
A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Comments

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    I think the cadellite tools should cost 100k on siege too, it is ludicrous that we get charged 300k per tool, I know our npcs charge 3 x the prodo rate but for stuff like this that is set up as a gold sink it really whollaps us. it also basically stops any new player on siege from even starting on the event.  100k on siege is equivalent to 1 mil or more on prodo, in effect we are paying 3 mil equivalent per tool.  Way too much.    I haven't bothered with a lot of it due to the cost of tools.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2018
    One tool is enough to make many weapons/tasty treats. How much do caddellite weapons/tasty treats sell for? 
    I’m sure you can make your money back by selling weapons/tasty treats Or you or a new player could just buy a weapon/tasty treats from someone who invested in the tool. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Missed my point Mervyn.  For event/quest type things we shouldn't be penalised because we play siege when it comes to the cost of the things.

It is the same as that item on the zippy quest, on prodo it costs 100k for the quest part you need, on siege it costs 300k.  It makes it so that you can't make any profit off actually getting a drop as the cost of the quest item is more than you can get for anything other than the moonstone crystal if you get something you can't use or don't want ie titles, potion recipes and the other so called 'rewards' you would be lucky if you could get 50k for em. I can't even get a group who can be bothered to do it now given the cost and the grind.  People don't wanna do all that buggering around for a 'title' or worse. Especially if it is gonna cost them 300k especially when the two times they went through the grind they got a 'title'.  Don't forget the hooks for that thing are three times the cost too. 

The cost of the event tools/quest requirements on siege shouldn't be 3x that of on prodo it just limits access to the things.

I get that on normal merchandise we pay 3x but on these sort of things I believe the devs should cut us a break.  Otherwise it will continue to happen every time they get a brain fart for a gold sink.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mervyn said:
    One tool is enough to make many weapons/tasty treats. How much do caddellite weapons/tasty treats sell for? 
    I’m sure you can make your money back by selling weapons/tasty treats Or you or a new player could just buy a weapon/tasty treats from someone who invested in the tool. 

That would not work if I lived there.  I give treats and spellbooks away.

Sorry I don't play UO correctly.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Any word on a fix for this? @Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna

• @Bleak ?

• *sighs*