What I did with a new-style keep

I tried to avoid 'over decorating'  What do others think?

The roof, a chill out area with water feature

The ground floor - a working area, including the fisher's lair

A relaxation area - including above the fisherman's lair, a small display area for special catches. I'm pretty pleased with this room, especially the bar, piano platform and that green thing up the front :D

Sleeping, bathing, and the 'executive' lounge.

Comments

• Petra, thats very very interesting. I think the keep offers a good alternative to the classic design. Your decoration ideas are very nice, the double-beds are absolutely fantastic, I love them. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2018
    I’m really envious of the executive lounge, where do you get the beautiful chair and desk from? They have
    Style

Also please provide coordinates so we can browse :) 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    the table is part of the King's Collection, but I dyed it to go with the room's colour scheme. The chair is simply crafted by my carpenter.
    I enjoyed this project so much that I found a spot on Europa to do it all again. After a couple of frantic days emptying a well-stuffed 18 x 18 before it fell, and several days finding filled commodity deeds that I'd forgotten to unpack, it is finally in a fit state to be seen and critiqued.

work areas

Display floor - don't look for rares, I don't collect them

residential floor

Roof. not too sure about the bandage fountains - anyone have any suggestions for that? I had a lot of fun creating the water feature. Pumpkins will be the 'seasonal display', changing as the various holidays come around.
  • No critique from me! But there were interesting details that I most likely will steal. Hope someone soon will get a winning castle  that I could live in...
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    lovely petra! especially the bunk beds - those are cute
    Sorted the problem corner, but can anyone but me tell what it's meant to be? is my 'vision' obvious or too obscure? 

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    love your garden, that's really neat
    but where's the corn? lol
    nice job
  • The tomatos are lovely!
  • the keeps looks ok besides the three arches above the front door and the lava fire pits. Remove them and all of the lame decos.
    the keeps looks ok besides the three arches above the front door and the lava fire pits. Remove them and all of the lame decos.

The arches and lava pits are part of the design. Please feel free to enter this publish's contest and submit a design without them.

I'm sorry you consider my decor ideas to be lame. Please add your own pictures showing me, and others, how your ideas are much better.
    love your garden, that's really neat
    but where's the corn? lol
    nice job
    I planted some corn - but now I have a reindeer problem

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Speaking of the open arches on the front and east side.  Any idea of how to block them from the outside or from inside the arch and have it look good? My lama keeps falling out.  It liked to jump off the roof of my house before I put up knee walls.
    And what did you use for the water?  It looks really good.
    edited December 2018
    the arches in my Europa keep are blocked with the plain wooden shelf, but you need king's collection to make those. The Siege keep only has the east arches blocked, by the bar shelves. Those are made with elongated tables, chopped with goza mats. 

The water is made using carpet tiles and copper granite round stairs, all dyed with wind azul dye. Luckily the carpet tiles can be dyed while stacked, so only one charge of dye needed.
    This is the carpet I used: https://uo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/carpet-redgold.jpg

You could conceivably construct a porch or something over the doorways, raising stone pieces from the floor below.  I might try something like that after the holiday.

Sorry,  I totally missed Mervyn's request for locations.
    The Europa keep is at 160º39'S 56º48'E
    The Siege keep is at 92º27'N 22º42E
    Both are set Public, but sorry, @Mervyn you can't get past the front doors on Europa, security on those is set 'friends'  Viewing by appointment only :D
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited December 2018
    TimSt said:
    Speaking of the open arches on the front and east side.  Any idea of how to block them from the outside or from inside the arch and have it look good? My lama keeps falling out.  It liked to jump off the roof of my house before I put up knee walls.

Short stone walls like you mentioned are the best thing and they blend.  Just need one behind each opening.  Or you can put an impassible plant or object behind each.

I love the arches and wish there were more on the east.  You can put vendors in them or mannequins. You can not walk through the suits of armor.  So 6 of those and you cant fall off. You could put wooden deeded statues or the crystal or shadow statues in the arch and those are impassible. Most Vases are impassible.  There are many options.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited December 2018

Thanks for the suggestion. I am trying out the balcony approach. I'll eventually put some plants out there.

That looks really nice. I might even have to steal it :D
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    The balcony looks right like it was always there, really great idea! I didn't really like the arches it just wasn't my kind of thing, but they are okay with the balcony added, very nice work.
    @TimSt - I stole it, but then I tweaked it, just a little bit.

Now with added waterwheel 

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    Very nice. Love the water effects.

Nice. The water effects look great.  Once I am done with my gardening phase I might steal some ideas from you.

@TimSt I made a short video to show the animation of the wheel, if you want to see it look for petra fyde youtube. 
    You are welcome to also visit, however the keep is in Felucca
    Can you be targeted and attacked through the arches while you are in your fel keep? If so is there a simple way to prevent others from targeting and attacking you from the outside?
    Actually I don't know the answer to that one, no one has been by and tried it. I do spend most of my time on the ground floor or roof though, I'm not often on the floor where the arches are; it's where I display things and keep gift items, so unless I'm adding to the display or putting away new gifts I'm not up there.
    Oh ok. Thank you @Petra_Fyde
    I was attacked by a gargoyle while I was on the roof of my keep.  So now when ever I see one while I am the roof I move toward the center.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Here is my Roof Top.  I got some ideas from this and other threads.

Ill post this pic before I start to clutter it up.

I got a good new Keep spot.  I wish the water matched better.
    temp.bmp 607.5K
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    If it helps at all my 'water' is made from dyed carpet tiles rather than goza mats, gives that more textured look, both the carpet and the copper stair 'water falls' were dyed with Wind Azul dye.