Khaldun spawn (fel)

CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
edited October 2018 in Bugs
This spawn is unable to be restarted once it's finished.    You receive a message:  "You cannot use Valor on this champion idol right now"...  normally 10 minutes is more than enough time to restart any other Fel-spawn...  not this one.

If you page a GM, they can start the spawn again...  But, you no longer receive the guaranteed 4 (8 with protection) 120 powerscrolls as you do on the first run.

It's a one-spawn-a-day for Fel... the risks in fel & inconvenience out-weigh the reward. when compared to that of the Trammel version.

Is this intended?   

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
ICQ# 478 633 659

Comments

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    @Kyronix Please acknowledge? Please fix the Fel side for the dungeon. Thank you kindly!
    Not sure what shard CovenantX is reporting, but Lake Superior is effected.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Gidge said:
    @ Kyronix Please acknowledge? Please fix the Fel side for the dungeon. Thank you kindly!
    Not sure what shard CovenantX is reporting, but Lake Superior is effected.
    Lake superior is the one I'm reporting it from.    but the problem seems to be affecting many if not all shards.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • same issue on Siege Perilous
  • This is a live bug.  We experienced this in Atlantic last night.  We waited 30 minutes without the ability to re-pop the Khaldun Spawn in Felucca.  My team and I eventually gave up and went to do something else.  

@Kyronix @Bleak please fix this bug soonest!

-OBSIDIAN-
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Still not fixed.  If  you are not on first thing, once the spawn is done that's it for the rest of the day @Kyronix any fix on this?  Bit rough I play siege and by the time I generally get on the one spawn has been done for the day.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Is there going to be a fix for this issue anytime soon?  Can we at least get a acknowledgement that its being worked on!?  I prefer not to do the trammel side over and over for no scrolls.  @Kyronix @Bleak
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    edited October 2018
    CovenantX said:
    This spawn is unable to be restarted once it's finished.    You receive a message:  "You cannot use Valor on this champion idol right now"...  normally 10 minutes is more than enough time to restart any other Fel-spawn...  not this one.

If you page a GM, they can start the spawn again...  But, you no longer receive the guaranteed 4 (8 with protection) 120 powerscrolls as you do on the first run.

It's a one-spawn-a-day for Fel... the risks in fel & inconvenience out-weigh the reward. when compared to that of the Trammel version.

Is this intended?   

Fun fact, all Fel spawns are connected. Some spawns are automatically on after maintenance while others are not. The champion spawn system randomly selects which spawns can be active and is triggered each time a spawn champion is killed. As you know may have noticed with the addition of the Dragon Turtle spawn and this new addition in Khaldun the chances of which spawns are active decrease with each new spawn added to the system. The system does this to safeguard how many active spawns are running at one time based on the number of players that are participating. 
    @Bleak  

The problem is, once you do the Khal Ankur spawn you have to wait until server restart to do it again.

only affects the felucca side. -all shards.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said:
    @ Bleak  

The problem is, once you do the Khal Ankur spawn you have to wait until server restart to do it again.

Other spawns must be cleared in order for Khal Ankur to be active again. See my previous post. 
  • Why cant the spawn be popped using valor like any other spawn in felucca?????!!!!! @Bleak
    Why cant the spawn be popped using valor like any other spawn in felucca?????!!!!! @ Bleak
    See my first post and also due to the fact they(Dragon Turtle & Khal Ankur) are not linked to the Harrower.
    Bleak said:
    CovenantX said:
    @ Bleak  

Other spawns must be cleared in order for Khal Ankur to be active again. See my previous post. 
    So, why are the scrolls shard-bound with this limitation?  

as I said in my original post, the spawn was popped again by a GM because we couldn't re-pop it like any other fel spawn, we didn't get 4x 120s, instead we got mostly 110s but they were still shard-bound.  

I'm very uninterested (as everyone would be).  to go through this process you describe if we're not going to get the guaranteed 4x 120s? 

everything else you can get in trammel without this unnecessary process, Also very much less downtime between spawns.

ICQ# 478 633 659
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Bleak said:
    CovenantX said:
    @ Bleak  

So, from the sound of it, you have to do either ALL of the t2a spawns, or all of the dungeon spawns just for a chance to get the Khaldun spawn active?  NONE of the other spawns, even the ones not connected to summoning the Harrower (Dragon Turtle, Abyssal Infernal, Primeval Lich) have a restriction on how many times they can be popped.  Other spawns have no effect on that.
  • PodolakPodolak Posts: 13
    edited October 2018

I can pop any Felucca spawn any time I want, except the Khaldun one.  I can pop every T2A Felucca spawn and have popped every Felucca spawn while trying to get a Rikky spawn in T2A.  I have popped every Felucca spawn in T2A (minus Oaks) not gotten a Rikky and then just gone off to do Abyssal which popped no problem.  This system works great, please do not change it.  Khaldun should function the same.  If you are required to clear any Felucca spawn currently active to do it, no one is going to do it after the event is over.  The stupid -60 SSI, -60 DCI -60 HCI is annoying enough, I'll just do a Rikky for scrolls again when the minor arties stop droping after November.

Ya'll did a great job creating a new experience with Khaldun (even if there is one particular mechanic I find annoying).  Don't ruin the experience with these restrictions.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2018
    Fun Fact, the Khal Ankur spawn fails to teleport ghosts to a shrine automatically like all other champs so you can park a ghost cam there.

Bleak this is all new, Valor is used to pop a champ, but this and only this champ you can't pop it again with Valor? These random rules make the game very confusing. I don't mind if they make it so that you can't pop a champ a second time, but they should make the rules consistent. Hythloth, Dragon turtle, and Primevil have no such rule.

Bit sloppy, not up to your usual standards.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Guess I won't get to do Khaldun spawn then, it is always done on siege by the time I get on and what a load of absolute twaddle saying you have to complete every other spawn on the shard before you can pop khaldun again.  What rubbish design is that?  No idea why I pay for this game when the content isn't flipping available.  NOT HAPPY @Bleak

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    This is really messed up a once a year event that requires you do other permanent spawns first. I guess they felt the new grind wasn’t enough lol 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    @Bleak ; Can you tell us which other spawns are tied to this?  Just the Turtle?  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 2018
    I THINK what he’s saying is you just have to wait until it pops randomly when completing any champ. So in theory you could have to work about 17 champs if you’re unlucky. NB chaining despise would still count. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• @Bleak like so many above said before me: until the Khaldun spawn EVERY spawn in the game could be restarted by using valor as soon as the champion corpse had decayed. The Khaldun spawn is the only one that does not behave this way and I haven't seen any mention of these special rules anywhere, which is why me and all of the above posters regarded this as a bug.

Now going with what you said above: what spawn does one have to finish to allow for the Khaldun one to be restarted? Any Lost Lands spawn? Any Felucca spawn? The Dragon Turtle spawn? Primeval Lich or Infernal Abyssal?
    From my experience I can exclude Felucca spawns from that list because the other day we ran Khaldun first, then took a ratspawn in Despise and still the Khaldun spawn could not be started and gave the same message: "You cannot use Valor on this champion idol right now"

• GigglesGiggles Posts: 62
    Bleak said:
    Why cant the spawn be popped using valor like any other spawn in felucca?????!!!!! @ Bleak
    See my first post and also due to the fact they(Dragon Turtle & Khal Ankur) are not linked to the Harrower.
    Primevil and Abyssal spawns are also not linked to the harrower, but you can initiate them by challenging the alter. 

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
    Bleak said:
    Also.. why can you challenge them over and over and over again in tram but not in fel? If you want people to do other spawns to activate them, that logic should apply in tram as well right? There are spawns in tram.

Skett said:
    This is really messed up a once a year event that requires you do other permanent spawns first. I guess they felt the new grind wasn’t enough lol 
    Unless you are a trammel player, you can pop it all day long =) Logic....

edited October 2018
    This is a real head scratcher. As usual, there are now more exceptions than rules. Total mess. 
    RIDICULOUS

This is dare I say it, on par with when Kyronix said that VvV antique epaulettes cannot be repaired is a feature. 

• PodolakPodolak Posts: 13
    edited October 2018
    Giving @Bleak a little clarification.

Every day we are able to pop Felucca Khaldun once using Valor.  I didn't pay attention to the first couple days what other spawns were active but yesterday I popped it while a guild mate was doing a rat spawn in T2A and today I popped it while a guild mate was in the middle of a Rikky T2A spawn.  Both days my guild mates finished their T2A spawn and joined me for Felucca Khaldun.  We finished Felucca Khaldun and waited for the boss's corpse to decay and then are unable to pop it again.  Today I tried to be a bit more detailed for you.  While I was waiting for the corpse to expire I ran around to every Felucca spawn, none were active.  I went back to Felucca Khaldun and am still unable to pop it using Valor.  I receive this message:

"You may not use Valor on this Champion Idol right now."

However, I could go to other Champion Idols and use valor and initiate the spawn.  I could go to Abyssal, Primeval, any T2A spawn, any Felucca dungeon spawn and initiate it.  I don't know about Dragon Turtle I rarely do that.

This is what we the players feel is a bug, this is what we are trying to relay.  If you need me to clarify anything please ask.
    Mervyn said:
    I THINK what he’s saying is you just have to wait until it pops randomly when completing any champ. So in theory you could have to work about 17 champs if you’re unlucky. NB chaining despise would still count. 

I can not tell what he means.  He mentioned the Turtle spawn.  It sounded like this was an issue where they did not want a bunch of spawns running at the same time?

Isn't there a shard where there is probably no fel spawn running to test this on?

Would be nice to know how to get the spawn going since the rewards are only for a limited time.

• Yea sounds like something a lawyer would say to get you to drop a law suit against a company.  LOL
    @Kyronix ;

Is this a puzzle?  Do you have to do a certain spawn first?  Where are the hints?
    It has been a week.  They have done random spawns on LS to try and get Khaldun to trigger.

The KOTL puzzle was annoying but we could do it.
  • ObsidianObsidian Posts: 22
    edited October 2018
    If this is working as intended, then I would like to request the devs reconsider the Felucca Khal Ankur Spawn pop mechanism, if not permanently, for the duration of the Cult event.  Pretty please.  With sugar on top. <span>:smile:</span>  @Bleak @Kyronix