Detect hidden Questions

A long time ago on a shard far far away and quite possibly under another name Arnie QuickPalm was a renowned shall we say borrower. skilled at  relieving a spawner of their hard earned PS's and many a lock has yielded to his nibble fingers but Arnie has long since retired trying to earn an honest living and even to work the spawn himself however the gumshoe quest and all the fun new things have re awoken the hunger. now that I've babbled needlessly my questions
1. whats the area of affect for detect hidden just the tile the gump is on one square around it three squares around??
2. whats the area covered by my keen senses 9 tiles around me 12 ??
now i don't mind searching a 50x50 room one tile at a time if need be but i would like to know the parameters involved

as far as being revealed when removing the trap simply carry some invisibility pots i'd also recommend some greater cures 
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    OK having dusted off the rust a few observations
    1. the smugglers tool box is nice(thank you so much for the gift !!) howerver it is not blessed and more importantly limited use. the perfect belt type item for me would A. be blessed.B.hold picks some smoke bombs and pots (ok with limited number)

2. ok the timer on detect hidden I will assume it is so long due to Fel use (people trying to detect thieves so it give them chance to move?) other wise there seems no reason for it I would suggest the same timer as bard or tamer skills would be better.

3 Remove trap you should stay hidden unless you fail seems like a simple fix...

I thought it was tough fitting things in on my bard but thieves spend 
    100 hiding
    120 stealth
    100 detect hidden
    100 lock picking
    100 remove trap
    120 stealing 
    100 snooping 

that's just to do our basic work  

maybe some combination of some of the skills? merge stealing/snooping and lockpicking/remove trap??

i am ok with it as it is even if it means instant death if revealed or caught 
    that being said maybe raise the odds a little of us not getting caught or revealed

Stealing ah my favorite subject how about if we can steal from VvV anywhere I mean these hardcore risk vs reward people wouldn't mind a little danger right.. they of course should be able to freely attack us if we get caught or even have us guard wacked
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    Wouldn't telekinesis scrolls save you 100 skill points for picking chests?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited October 2018
    McDougle said:
    OK having dusted off the rust a few observations
    1. the smugglers tool box is nice(thank you so much for the gift !!) howerver it is not blessed and more importantly limited use. the perfect belt type item for me would A. be blessed.B.hold picks some smoke bombs and pots (ok with limited number)

I think you're missing something with that tool box. I have one on my treasure hunter and my thief, it isn't blessed, true. But it can be insured
    It's only limited in uses as far as in you must not let it get to 0, which would break it. Stop at 1 and it recharges.

Dukarlo said:
    Telekenisis depends on your magery skill, 0 skill and scrolls would only open the very lowest level boxes. I don't remember the exact figures off hand, but they're on the treasure hunting page in the wiki somewhere.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2018
    Well it’s probably better to have 100 magery than 100 remove trap cos then you can actually cast heal, cure, greater heal, arch cure, invis, teleport, recall, etc. Plus you carry a mage weapon and it gives you a chance to dodge a melee attack. 

As for stealing from VvV players, there is a bug that has been submitted that you are flagged as a criminal when you steal from an orange but there’s no criminal debuff given to you. So I’m not sure if you’re supposed to be criminal for stealing from an orange or not. 

They say I did something bad

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Petra_Fyde said:.

Dukarlo said:
    Telekenisis depends on your magery skill, 0 skill and scrolls would only open the very lowest level boxes. I don't remember the exact figures off hand, but they're on the treasure hunting page in the wiki somewhere.
    Opps!  my bad, getting my spells mixed up. It's magic unlock that depends on your magery skill. Telekenisis is fine for removing the traps.  Sorry!