Footwear Everywhere

I've been keeping track of how many caddelite-infused fish steaks my GM fisher is getting per each 100 charges of the special fishing pole.  The number seems to be decreasing per each 100 fishing pole charges because the number of footwear she's catching is increasing.  She's catching between 15-18 footwear per 100 charges of the fishing pole, plus meteorites and semi-useless small fish.  So the number of caddelite-infushed fish steaks she gets per 100 charges on the fishing pole has dropped steadily from a high of 340 to 296.

I'm not really asking for this to be changed, because that would probably cause some unintentional change to something else.  I really just wanted to state that I'm tired of fishing up stinky footwear and having to figure out how to get rid of it.  I guess it's finally time to give in and buy her a goat.  And @Kyronix, it would be nice to know if fishing is subject to some kind of declining rate of return.  Am I better off  in terms of getting fish steaks for this event by giving it a break of a day or two on a particular shard and going to a different shard to fish, or just sticking it out on one shard for a week or two and hope the rate of return goes up eventually?  While other people may be fishing unattended, I'm there every blasted second and it is getting discouraging to see the yield just keep decreasing over time.

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    Margrette said:
    I've been keeping track of how many caddelite-infused fish steaks my GM fisher is getting per each 100 charges of the special fishing pole.  The number seems to be decreasing per each 100 fishing pole charges because the number of footwear she's catching is increasing.  She's catching between 15-18 footwear per 100 charges of the fishing pole, plus meteorites and semi-useless small fish.  So the number of caddelite-infushed fish steaks she gets per 100 charges on the fishing pole has dropped steadily from a high of 340 to 296.

I'm not really asking for this to be changed, because that would probably cause some unintentional change to something else.  I really just wanted to state that I'm tired of fishing up stinky footwear and having to figure out how to get rid of it.  I guess it's finally time to give in and buy her a goat.  And @ Kyronix, it would be nice to know if fishing is subject to some kind of declining rate of return.  Am I better off  in terms of getting fish steaks for this event by giving it a break of a day or two on a particular shard and going to a different shard to fish, or just sticking it out on one shard for a week or two and hope the rate of return goes up eventually?  While other people may be fishing unattended, I'm there every blasted second and it is getting discouraging to see the yield just keep decreasing over time.
    There is no declining rate of return for fish steaks.  The same fishing returns apply to using the caddellite pole as a normal fishing pole elsewhere.  The only difference with the caddellite pole is it it will mark the fish as "caddellite infused" if they are caught in the appropriate area (T2A)
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    I was hoping for caddelite-infused shoes!  And I think it's all RNG, I am getting very few pieces of footwear but a LOT of delicate scales.

• My fisher had a great day yesterday evening because I hadn't used her on that shard in a long, long time. Probably over a year.  But today, she's getting fewer and fewer fish steaks and it's just kind of irritating.  Just makes it feel like this is another grind and the people who cheat and do it unattended will end up coming out better than everyone else.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Legendary fishermen/women still fish up footwear. It's an old part of the code that should have been changed from its birth.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.