There goes another thing we liked...

The 2018 Khaldun turnin guy will not be taking anything from the last 3 years...

That's bigtime suck

Comments

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Because people were using points earned last year for this year's rewards. Someone special just could not sleep at night thinking about this huge problem and complained. And here we are.
  • They weakened one of the rewards anyway, nothing that's really useful will come from this portion of the content at this point.

soo...  Now you don't need to bother with crafting all new weapons/spellbooks/pet food, because it's for nothing.

Why does it take ~3 months to come up with a bunch of stuff that only receives negative criticism?  the publish didn't look all that bad until the final release... people still disliked the resource gathering/crafting part of it a bit, but the rewards were good enough to warrant going through all those hoops.

the castle prices are pretty high, but the main problem I have with it, is that they used 'Gold-sink" as their excuse for doing it that way....  a gold-sink only about ~10-15% of the playerbase has access to?  What kind of genius came up with that Idea?

Besides, a goldsink that eats up that much gold (which isn't much) but is even less so when the Newsletter states X amount of people are being actioned every month for f***ing Duping..
    It's not rocket science, it's UO.      Fix the dupe(s), Then implement reasonable & useful goldsinks, overtime inflation will be reduced  IF UO manages to survive that long.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    CovenantX said:
     the castle prices are pretty high, but the main problem I have with it, is that they used 'Gold-sink" as their excuse for doing it that way....  a gold-sink only about ~10-15% of the playerbase has access to?  What kind of genius came up with that Idea?

Besides, a goldsink that eats up that much gold (which isn't much) but is even less so when the Newsletter states X amount of people are being actioned every month for f***ing Duping..
    It's not rocket science, it's UO.      Fix the dupe(s), Then implement reasonable & useful goldsinks, overtime inflation will be reduced  IF UO manages to survive that long.
    Very much agree. I'd like to add that the castle pricing is a traumatic, but effectively a one time expense. It would not work as a gold sink even if duping was not a factor. And I surely hope that the "solution" to this problem will not be to start hiding the duping bans from the public.
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited September 2018
    It's amazing duping still goes on. It seems they do have a way to track it though. Hopefully they can track the associated accounts and not just the Endless account doing the work.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,387
    Those Russians are very sneaky with there duping accounts Captain 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Please do not overlook the fact that sterling silver ring and boots/talons of escaping are in the Khaldun trader's list.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 895
    edited September 2018
    Mariah said:
    Please do not overlook the fact that sterling silver ring and boots/talons of escaping are in the Khaldun trader's list.

You mean the ones from content that was much easier to accumulate points,
     same with the 3 years prior?     It doesn't do the content any good when the main prize is nerfed to be less useful than other permanent content rewards we've had access to for years now...

You guys dropped the EP on the mask/pendant, now it's pretty much garbage, 35% EP = 1 jewelry property from global loot, regardless you're still going to need 2 items to make up the loss, except things like the Scholar's Halo, Night Eyes, Prismatic Lenses, Captain John's hat, all have 2 jewelry-only (or weapon-only) properties on them, allowing for much easier combinations to be made with them as opposed to the new rewards...   the sterling Silver ring is the same as it was last year, useless... what good is 75 DI 20 Med & 20 weapon skill without HCI, EP, DCI or SSI?   and masteries gain benefit from real skill, this is why only certain skill combinations on jewelry/items are worth anything....  I guess you gotta play UO to know these things though :'(

We get recycled rewards, and something that was at least a viable alternative armor piece, now made useless this year?  

Who exactly does this dev team listen to that provides feedback?   Based on the majority of the players posts on various forums, they're listening to the wrong people.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659