Loot outside Shadowguard

Why is the loot so bad across Britannia? It doesn't matter where you farm... Peerless, Champs, Treasure Maps, Doom. Even with a 3k+ luck, monster loot is absolute garbage.

Is loot intentionally being throttled back to thrust the playerbase into Shadowguard?

Comments

• cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Yes. Yes it is. Even though UO is supposed to be a sandbox game, where you're supposed to be encouraged to do your own thing. but the loot distribution does not suggest that.
  • FreelsyFreelsy Posts: 70
    I'd like to add Fishing to that list as well. I've done maybe 100 MIBs (yes a small number) months ago and did not receive a single Major or Legendary item. Just gold, jewels, and tons of worthless items. :(
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Freelsy said:

Is loot intentionally being throttled back to thrust the playerbase into Shadowguard?

Yes, yes it is.  In one thread where we were complaining about did Tmap loot get nerfed, Kyronix admitted that they "adjust" loot tables to encourage players to do the new stuff.  So to have good stuff, you cannot do what you like, you must follow the carrot.

And no, I am not gonna spend the morning trying to find that quote...I'm sure others read it as well

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I read that too. I do t-hunts and SOS because I find them relaxing, not for loot, but it seems a shame to try and force everyone to do the same content. What's the point?
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited August 2018
    Freelsy said:
    Why is the loot so bad across Britannia? It doesn't matter where you farm... Peerless, Champs, Treasure Maps, Doom. Even with a 3k+ luck, monster loot is absolute garbage.

It's their way of forcing you into their Time of Legends expansion. Nobody would play Eodon at all if it wasn't for the Shadowguard loot. 
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited August 2018
    jaytin said:
    What's the point?
    Forcing players to buy ToL that otherwise has no selling points...

Was no different with SA, but at least the content there was good (underworld, ter-mur, mysticism, etc.)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • TeapotTeapot Posts: 58
    JollyJade said:
    jaytin said:
    What's the point?
    Forcing players to buy ToL that otherwise has no selling points...

Was no different with SA, but at least the content there was good (underworld, ter-mur, mysticism, etc.)
    Masteries are a way bigger selling point than shadowguard imho.
    JollyJade said:
    Freelsy said:

It's their way of forcing you into their Time of Legends expansion. Nobody would play Eodon at all if it wasn't for the Shadowguard loot. 

So many of us said, even back then, we don't need another land mass.  We NEED QoL improvements, even if they lumped them all into one big pub and sold it to us for $5.  Eodon, another landmass to thin the population further, and another big huge grind.  Fix what we have already, and quit adding, fer cryin out loud.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Agreed..I don't expect to be able to farm level 1 maps and pull Legendaries..no one does, but what we currently have is painful.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    If they plan to stick to this Everquest-ish model, releasing expansions that keep obsoleting themselves, it will be the worst thing that could ever happen to UO. And don’t get me wrong, I love EQ...
    Shadowguard is not so new anymore.  I'm sure there are many people who are sick of doing Shadowguard over and over.  I think it is safe now to give everything else a slight loot bump now.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Freelsy said:

Yes, yes it is.  In one thread where we were complaining about did Tmap loot get nerfed, Kyronix admitted that they "adjust" loot tables to encourage players to do the new stuff.  So to have good stuff, you cannot do what you like, you must follow the carrot.

And no, I am not gonna spend the morning trying to find that quote...I'm sure others read it as well

Loot is never "adjusted/nerfed" down to make other areas more attractive to visit.  As a matter of fact, Treasure Map loot was buffed several times during the course of Global Loot development to give more of a bonus for luck, as well as the level of the treasure map. 

That being said, the overall loot/item acquisition loop is something we often discuss and hope to address in a future publish/series of publishes.
    Okay now I have to go back and find that post lol.  Touche

Whew, what a list to look thru.  I have no intent of reading all those, I know what I read, and others have too.  The terminology might have been different, it was right after ToL came out...maybe not nerfed, might have been weighted, or another generic term.  Anyway, you win this round.  All is well
    NM, I lied, and went searching.

"Kyronix - We can take another look at it, but you also have to understand that one area isn't going to deliver the best loot forever.
    Running Bear: Did you intent to change it? Or did the change in 86.3 cause it unintended.
    Kyronix - The game is constantly evolving, and we adjust the loot accordingly to entice exploration of new content, we did not deliberatly change"

From here:

https://stratics.com/threads/developer-meet-and-greet-transcript-origin-shard-1-11-16.362174/
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    At meet and greets they say there will be no changes to pets.  And the next thing ya know...

Too bad the changes are always on the reduction side.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    So adjust does not mean change?

Kyronix - The game is constantly evolving, and we adjust the loot accordingly to entice exploration of new content, we did not deliberatly change"

Or was it an accident?

edited August 2018
    Pawain said:

Or was it an accident?

Uriah insinuated that we dial loot down in existing areas when new content gets introduced.  We don’t.  The adjustment I referred to at the M&G refers to intensity/inferred value of the new loot as it’s introduced with the new content.  

Edit it to add: note this doesn’t apply to changes made between first release of items, and subsequent replica versions.
    Kyronix said:
    Pawain said:

Or was it an accident?

Uriah insinuated that we dial loot down in existing areas when new content gets introduced.  We don’t.  The adjustment I referred to at the M&G refers to intensity/inferred value of the new loot as it’s introduced with the new content.  

Edit it to add: note this doesn’t apply to changes made between first release of items, and subsequent replica versions.

Make us some good stuff for the anniversary and Halloween and we will be happy.

Thanks
    Pawain said:
    Kyronix said:
    Pawain said:

Or was it an accident?

Make us some good stuff for the anniversary and Halloween and we will be happy.

Thanks
    Care to be a little more specific?  “Good stuff” can be pretty subjective.  Lots of goodies coming down the pipe though!
    This is like answering when my wife asks, "where do you want to go eat?"  She already knows where we are going.

The spell books were great.  I use some bane bows.  Composite banes would be nice.  Some usable armor from the invasions. Stuff we can use.  

More stuff to buy from the Halloween Dungeon.  Deco items, boots, shirt with stats!, new ring, whatever.

Thanks
  • I'd like more spellbooks again! New talismans and new apron or sash slot items would be cool too.

My favorite items from last years Halloween turn-in was the Serpent's Jawbone and the Boots of Escaping. Practical items that I use often, if not daily.

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    I wish that global loot had some sort of gurenteed drop chance like some of the dungeons.  Instead of dropping an arty maybe the critter spawns loot one fame tier higher than it usually does. I think we can all agree something has to be doneglobal loot wise.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    T-maps and SOS need a major dump to them and add more arttys as well 

as they are now it’s pointless unless your bored or want a new dragon. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    ^^^this^^^
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited August 2018
    Add the tuxedo ;) or much better : a tuxedo armor set !

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited August 2018
    Skett said:
    T-maps and SOS need a major dump to them and add more arttys as well 

as they are now it’s pointless unless your bored or want a new dragon. 

I disagree. T-chests already drop a ridiculous amount of artifacts.

Seeing level 5 and 6 SOS's would be nice, but you'd need a newer more difficult spawn for the higher level.

-Arroth
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Some slayer spell books I would like to see drop: Acid Elemental slayer, Ratman slayer, Wolf slayer, Bog Thing slayer, Plague Beast slayer.
    Add the tuxedo ;) or much better : a tuxedo armor set !
    tuxedo should be imbuable
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Kyronix said:
    Care to be a little more specific?  “Good stuff” can be pretty subjective.  Lots of goodies coming down the pipe though!

suggestions: :)
    The peerless ML bosses, drop the same now as 10years ago, quests give the same rewards as 10years ago, stealable artifacts spawn daily throughout the world for 20years, same drops on champ spawns past 10 years (with few exceptions like the primers). It seems like instead of updating old stuff its easier to add new stuff/areas.

Not asking for a new design/tactics on the old encounters, but might be easy to add 1 single new item to the droplist?

Also the bug-fixing-publish was good, but please sort out a few more bugs (party system i.e)

As for the anniv gift/spring gift/easter gift/xmas gift/valentines gift, sure its fun and stuff, but its not the most important in this game and I fear it consumes too much resources that could have been used on other things.