Animal Lore and Taming

I'm running my tamer at 120 Animal Taming and 120 Lore. I won't go into details of why I'd like to do this but I'm thinking of reducing my lore to 115. Other than affecting stable slots and heals with veterinary, how much difference would it make to run with Animal Lore of 115 instead of 120?

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    edited August 2018
    It might be 0 difference if you come upon ring or bracelet you'd like to use with +5 Lore on it.  Or if you have access to a high end imbuer, he could customize you the perfect jewelry to fit your template and other desires.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • DanDan Posts: 59
    Thanks for the reply Rock. Actually I was wondering how much it will affect me if I dont use items to raise ot above 115. Since I'm at 120 now I cant check this without actually lowering the skill. Although I suppose I could try it on TC.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You can use the Taming Tally with 5 Tame and 5 Lore
  • DanDan Posts: 59
    I'm not familiar with this. Unless its the Friends of the Library Quest. I looked at that once and the way I read it you would need to donate 15 gold for each point to get 550,000 points. Thats over 8M gold. Or you could donate 550,000 ingots. I felt that wasn't a good buy.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You can donate more stuff than just gold and you might want to try vendor search.
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    I got my talisman from donating scales to the Animal guy upstairs - each scale is 20 points, so that's 27,500 scales. I was getting all kinds from skinning dragons for barbed leather, as well as from sea serpents with my fisher. That's not counting the 100-180 I get from the occasional trade order (once you get up to 5 line orders).
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited August 2018
    Dan said:
    I'm running my tamer at 120 Animal Taming and 120 Lore. I won't go into details of why I'd like to do this but I'm thinking of reducing my lore to 115. Other than affecting stable slots and heals with veterinary, how much difference would it make to run with Animal Lore of 115 instead of 120?
    If you run any Taming Masteries, it will affect that.  Infinite masteries will be harder to keep up and will be less effective. The cost of consume, empower and berzerk will increase to 2.4 MPS from 1.8 MPS (assuming 40 lmc suit).   Taming Masteries cannot be made more effective with +skill items.  It's true skill.