No more places for castles on TC

So if there is no more spots open to place a castle, how does one participate in the contest?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    There are places.  You can use Malas on TC.  Also many in Fel.  Have to look araound.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Malas is already full and I heard Tram and Fel were also.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited August 2018
    I just placed a Keep in malas, so maybe try place a keep instead of castle?

What I suggest is that one dev runs around and deletes the empty plots in a few days/week, plots that are not cuztomized that are still empty plots taking up space. that way people can place and enter the contest if they want. The contest is to design a castle not sit on an empty plot.

Also I got alot of error messages "This area is not open for housing" when running around int Malas, so theres more space if it can be opened without a TC revert.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Bilbo said:
    Malas is already full and I heard Tram and Fel were also.

Then I must have taken the last spot this afternoon.  

You can hear the earth is flat also.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    if someone wants the castle spot i have north of minoc in fel message me i will give or drop
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    A few thoughts I had.
    1. this isn't a one time deal. The contest info says: Each publish cycle TC1 will be wiped and a new contest will be run so that multiple contests will be run each year.
    2. The keep spot I listed in the other thread is still vacant, no one wants it.
    3.when voting starts the things we need to keep in mind are 'how practical is it?'.  'Could I live in it?' and 'is there anything about it that would drive me mad within a week?'  
    I've seen a few that the answer to that last one, for me, would be 'yes' and some that I wouldn't last a week.  'Pretty' is not the aim.

@Kyronix would it be acceptable for us to place a bulletin board in our designs so that visitors may, if they wanted to, leave us a comment?
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Good post Petra, the bulletin board is a nice idea, I just hope people will actually bother to visit all contenders before voting!
    edited August 2018
    Bulletin board idea is a bust. Seems you cannot lock down items in buildings that have been entered in the contest (or at least I can't in mine).  Which leads me to suppose that those castle plots I have seen with decor aren't entered. 

Just done some running around. Has anyone tried placing on Homare-jima? There's one keep there and a lot of empty space, but I can't tell if it's flat enough for a castle.  I don't want another plot myself. I've done one castle and one keep. I'm happy.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Wow a Tokuno style castle, for all you budding Japanese overlords! I'd be interested to see that.
    I did think you couldn't submit a design with items in it, but since mine was empty I didn't test the theory. Would have been nice though. What date does the building phase end? 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Do the Asian Shards have there own TC or is it just 1 TC for all of UO?  @Bleak @Kyronix
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    edited August 2018
    My guess is there will be plenty more spots opening up once word gets out.

A lot of people won't bother when it's only a percentage of all Castles that will be able to change anyway.

They just made the rich richer. :/

nb, there's a castle plot just opened up NE Minoc next to the cliffs.....i'm not designing any castle when I won't even get to use any myself.
    Yes I am sulking.
  • Bulletin board idea is a bust. Seems you cannot lock down items in buildings that have been entered in the contest (or at least I can't in mine). 
    I was able to use ladders and wall torches. I hope its allowed because one of my submissions relies entirely on ladders lol.
  • FermiFermi Posts: 1
    I found a secluded spot in the woods in fel in under 10 minutes by going to places I know there are keeps on my home shard.
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    I wonder if the devs would consider opening up TC1's Green Acres for Castle build testing? If anything, those would be easier to find for judging.
    I believe the stone at Brit Commons will teleport people to the entries once judging starts.

The keep spot near mine is still vacant. 122.20N 119.06E north of Vesper
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Well I lag like hell on TC so running around looking for places is difficult at best, I spent an hour 1/2 staggering around today and found nowhere to place a castle.  So I guess you can only enter if  you were able to place pretty quick.  Sadly some of the designs I see are pretty dismal.  I am also disappointed that people have placed regular castles and taken up the space needed to place to design. 

Is there any other way you can enter?   I mean this is pretty disheartening.

@Mesanna @ Kyronix

why wasn't all that land in malas opened up for castle placement?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    MissE said:
    Well I lag like hell on TC so running around looking for places is difficult at best, I spent an hour 1/2 staggering around today and found nowhere to place a castle.  So I guess you can only enter if  you were able to place pretty quick.  Sadly some of the designs I see are pretty dismal.  I am also disappointed that people have placed regular castles and taken up the space needed to place to design. 

@ Mesanna @ Kyronix

Malas is open as is Tokuno 
    McDougle said:
    MissE said:

@ Mesanna @ Kyronix

Anythign open there?  I also notice there are a lot of 'placed' pads with nothing done to em :(

Cheers MissE

MissE said:
    McDougle said:
    MissE said:

@ Mesanna @ Kyronix

Anythign open there?  I also notice there are a lot of 'placed' pads with nothing done to em :(

yes there are spots plus next week after voting they will wipe shard and have another round
    edited August 2018
    wanna log in and show me where?  I lag so much it is difficult to run around, think i am pinging 350+ on tc I can meet ya in luna, i need castle spot.  Is there gonna be another round?  doesn't say that on the splash screen?

Cheers MissE

McDougle said:
    MissE said:
    McDougle said:
    MissE said:

@ Mesanna @ Kyronix

yes there are spots plus next week after voting they will wipe shard and have another round
    If you wanna show me where log in and ask for missE in gen chat i meet  you in luna

Cheers MissE

@McDougle thanks for the Castle and Keep spots.  Greatly appreciated.

Cheers MissE

MissE said:
    @ McDougle thanks for the Castle and Keep spots.  Greatly appreciated.
    Have fun !!!
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    my husband decided this morning that he wanted to place a castle. We ran around everywhere this morning & have had a difficult time trying to place one. 

there are many places in Malas where one would fit but it says housing cant be created here. I've seen at least half a dozen "original castle designs" placed. Or people placing 18x18 just so they can block people from being able to do the contest...

I can understand people wanting to design a castle or keep and not having much time to do it. At least make your plot look like you are making an effort. There are people who would actually like to be able to enter the contest but cant cause the space is taken up by inconsiderate people...
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Not all of Malas was opened for this. I found plenty of House Placement not allowed spots in perfectly wide open areas. I know those that entered and those that always place houses when TC opens up are thrilled..good for you...the rest of us weren't  as thrilled.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.