UO needs a higher skill cap and implent a skill inc cap

Balance needs to happen the skill cap should raise to 750 and skill increase from items should be capped at 50 for a total of 800 points.

There is no reason for an unbalanced PvP system between the have's and have nots. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. This will still keep good skill increase jewelry in high demand but allow players to get to the same tier suit wise as fellow players a lot cheaper and even the playing field. You can't give players upwards of 80 point skill advantage over their peers it's just not balanced.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Congrats in contradicting yourself in one post. How will having a HIGHER skill cap decrease the gap between the elites like myself, and everyone else?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Another nerf PvM all in the name of PvP balance, LMAO.
  • DrowyDrowy Posts: 128
    Mervyn said:
    Congrats in contradicting yourself in one post. How will having a HIGHER skill cap decrease the gap between the elites like myself, and everyone else?
    Maybe read more precisely or stop trolling.
    Now: Player without skills on items 720 skill points - Players having 80+ skills on items 800 skill points. Gap 80+

His idea: Player without skills on items 750 skill points - Players with skills on items capped at +50, 800 skill points. Gap 50.
    Where are you getting this 800 skill cap from?  My Tamer has 840 total skill points and I am working on a Bard that will go over the 800 also.

Raise Skill points to 840 like it should have been done when PSs came and leave the cap alone.
  • LargeLarge Posts: 14
    That might have been what skill masteries were aimed at, raising the skill/kill cap.
    edited July 2018
    But why would you raise the skill cap to 750? If you think it’s unbalanced then why not suggest to just introduce a skill cap of say 770 without raising the base?

If you want to talk about balancing, they need to balance the 2 clients first. By lets see, making them both run the same speed and stopping the EC players from skipping all over the screen? 

Also, please stop accusing me of trolling. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• LargeLarge Posts: 14
    Cos the code is so old they wish to make as little changes as possible. they are trying to do just one change at a time to balance it out seemingly.being safe. They are trying not to break things i guess
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    I think it's fine the way it is now
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Of just stop +skill mod from spawning any longer, and make everyone play within the 720 limit like we should have been doing all along.

Like everyone screams at me when I suggest something...adapt!!!   <span>:wink:</span>
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I personally could do with a 40 point skill increase to 760.  That would let me go Legendary with one skill and GM with another.
  • waste of time
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    All I got from this is, Mervyn self glossed himself an Elite.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Mervyn said:
    But why would you raise the skill cap to 750? If you think it’s unbalanced then why not suggest to just introduce a skill cap of say 770 without raising the base?

If you want to talk about balancing, they need to balance the 2 clients first. By lets see, making them both run the same speed and stopping the EC players from skipping all over the screen? 

Also, please stop accusing me of trolling. 
    How about "The Great Thread Derailer"  Do you have to try and turn everything into your agenda?
    I won’t lie, I do happen to be one of the super rich with all the items. However...

one of my chars doesn’t even use super legendaries, VvV crystalline, obi di ense, and balakai shaman staff would put him over the proposed 50 skill cap limit. 

I just don’t think there is an imbalance between rich and not rich, but there is imbalance between classic and enhanced client. 

• TastyTreatsTastyTreats Posts: 65
    edited July 2018
    using junk items does not some how make a point and you'd still have an additional 30 real skill points so you could drop the obi and everything is fine with no change to your template but listing off junk items with skill increases doesn't really mean anything to this discussion.

UO has always had a skill cap for a reason and it needs one now more then ever. Characters were not meant to be able to do everything just because someone can put 840 skill points on a character to use more skills doesn't mean they should be able to for PvM or PvP. So yes Bilbo your characters should be nerfed. This is an MMO it's not meant to be played your supposed to group up and do stuff with other players not overcap your skills and play solo.

If you keep skill totals unchecked you might as well bring back the archaic +5 skill cap per yer reward because that would be fair and balanced for new players as well right? I am sure players will be enthused knowing they have to wait 4 years just to hit the 720 skill cap to reach a level playing field.
    And the skill cap was set pre pub 16 when we all had 7xGM chars with 20 skill left over and when PSs came in this cap was never moved and we all know a 7xGM wasn't shit.  The cap should have been raised to 840 back then to give us 7xLegendary chars.  With even the garbage loot it is easy to make a 800 skill player and you dont need the Roof to do it.  I would think PKers would want all the skill help they could get to make them leet.
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    One would only need ~910 for a full sampire build with the ability to control and heal a 5 slot pet.  840 would bring that within reach.  Over powered wouldn't even begin to describe that.
    edited August 2018
    I like the way everybody throws out that "over powered" BS.  After the pet revamp MOBs were made harder but did the player base get a boost, NO.  How is something "over powered" when all the player base can have it.  What is funny is my Tamer with 840 is from arties and imbued jewles but OMG I am so "over powered", now that is funny.
    Bilbo said:
    I like the way everybody throws out that "over powered" BS.  After the pet revamp MOBs were made harder but did the player base get a boost, NO.  How is something "over powered" when all the player base can have it.  What is funny is my Tamer with 840 is from arties and imbued jewles but OMG I am so "over powered", now that is funny.
    So... you don't believe a sampire tamer would be over powered?  I'm also curious on what critters have gotten drastically more difficult?
    edited August 2018
    What skills are on a Sampire Tamer and lets see how much skill points we can add up with current items.  Mine is a Peace/Discord/Tamer with a GD.  MOBs have been upgraded/introduced from AoS on and here we still sit at a 720 skill cap.

I also find it strange that everybody has all these "over powered" chars but I am the only one that has stated their total; skill points.  Where are all these other "over powered" people at or is this another one of those I got my butt handed to me threads and I want a nerf.
    At 840 cap:

120 swords
    120 bushido
    120 tactics
    99 necro
    90 taming (115 jeweled)
    90 lore (115 jeweled)
    90 vet (100 enhanced bandage)
    60 parry
    50 chiv (70 jeweled)

Thats 70 skill points needed in jewels or equipment.  Certainly achievable.
    if you have a lot of skill items in your gear, then you are sacrificing other stats.  If you nerf skill items, players will just gimp out another stat. then ppl are gonna want to nerf that as well...
    So what did you drop off your Sampire build to have tame/lore/vet and my second question would be that if this is the goto "over powered" build then why isn't everyone jumping on this build.  We all know that the solo people run the best build possible for soloing bosses, how many of these have you seen.  Are any hard core PvPers running a gimped out tamer combo?
    Bilbo said:
    So what did you drop off your Sampire build to have tame/lore/vet and my second question would be that if this is the goto "over powered" build then why isn't everyone jumping on this build.  We all know that the solo people run the best build possible for soloing bosses, how many of these have you seen.  Are any hard core PvPers running a gimped out tamer combo?

because the current cap is 720 without +skill items.  If you raised the skill cap to 840 instead of 720 that build becomes a reality. 
    Kronal said:
    Bilbo said:

because the current cap is 720 without +skill items.  If you raised the skill cap to 840 instead of 720 that build becomes a reality. 
    WOW You quote my post about how my Tamer is 840 skills already and accuse me of basically being over powered and the throw a Sam/tamer in the mix and now you backtrack to well if skill cap were raised to 840.  So which is it?  Just to make sure you understand that my current Tamer is 840 skills.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Skill should stay capped at 720 and +skill items shouldn't take you above it.

Then players can choose to be 7xGM or 6x120 or whatever in between.

Yea it makes skill items useless at max skill level but they shouldn't be used how they are now. 

Also removing power scrolls would help even the playing field in both pvm and pvp.

Let’s put things into context a bit here. Most but not all +skill items have negligible effect as most skills require real skill. 

Syncros said:
    Skill should stay capped at 720 and +skill items shouldn't take you above it.

Then players can choose to be 7xGM or 6x120 or whatever in between.

Yea it makes skill items useless at max skill level but they shouldn't be used how they are now. 

Also removing power scrolls would help even the playing field in both pvm and pvp.

WOW Pre-PUB 16 revert request, don't forget to do away with AoS also and the itemization of UO.
    edited August 2018
    Removed by the user 

remove power scrolls and skill items?

These suggestions keep getting more ridiculous