A Sonoma Scavenger Hunt

DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
A Sonoma Scavenger Hunt

EM Xanthus took a poll last month and this hunt won overall.  I will say two things about it, I am sorry you could not make it and you missed all the fun.  Congrats to Cinderella of PAS for being the first to finish.

Spoiler Alert: My Answers to all the clues will be at the bottom.

Scavenger Hunt Master:

#1  Greetings, if you are seeking to answer riddles, you have come to the right place! I will ask you three riddles, answer each one to progress to the next! Say ready to begin! 

One of these a day, keeps the doctor away. (hand one in to me) That's right! To continue to the next riddle, say second! 

It's always 1 to 6, it's always 15 to 20, it's always 5, but it's never 21 unless its flying. (Hand in) That's right! To continue to the next riddle, say Third! 

Alive without breath, as cold as death, never thirsty ever drinking, all in mail never clinking. Congratulations! 

You have solved my riddles, go to where elves thrive to find more riddles!

#2  Greetings, if you seek to answer riddles, you have come to the right place! I will ask you three riddles, answer each one to progress to the next! Say ready to begin! 

Walk on the living they don’t even mumble, walk on the dead they mutter and grumble. (Say Answer That's right! To continue to the next riddle, say second! 

Where you may find roads without carts, forests without trees, cities without houses. (Say Answer) That's right! To continue to the next riddle, say Third 

A slow solemn square dance of warriors feinting, 1 by 1 they fall warriors fainting, 32 on 64.(Turn in)

Congratulations! You have solved my riddles, To continue go to a pyramid near the Gargoyle City.

#3.  Greetings, if you seek to answer riddles, you have come to the right place! I will ask you three riddles, answer each one to progress to the next! Say ready to begin!

I start as a small seed, but became tall. They came with blades to make me fall (say answer) That's right!  To continue to the next riddle, say second! 
I am found on the body of a creature. I am not used to measure with. what am I? (Say Answer) That's right! To continue to the next riddle, say Third 

I am used to grow life. what am I? (Say Answer) Congratulations! You have solved my riddles, To continue go to a Statue at the king's Courtyard!

Last one:   I see you have made it this far. The next series of questions are Trivia. Say Trivia to continue. 
Since Xanthus has arrived, he has sent you on adventure. These questions are related. (say First) I adventured with many for the past year. our first encounter was with a dragon. Who am I?

I often call upon your aid, to help fight evil. I wear armor and lead an elite group of guards. That's right! To continue to the next riddle, say Third 

I make meals for those who desire Odd tastes. I once caused Vesper lots of trouble. Who am I? That's right! To continue to the next riddle, say Fourth

I have caused trouble within 2 separate shards. I come during the Winter to steal children's Gifts. That's right! To continue to the next riddle, say Fifth 

Aside from Sonoma, what other shard has EM Xanthus done events for? Congratulations! You have finished the Scavenger Hunt. Return to Xanthus at once! 

Kal Ort Por - Recall Kal Ort Por - Recall Select Marked item. hello riddle ready Kal Por Ylem - Mark Kal Ort Por - Recall Kal Ort Por - Recall Select Marked item. second third Apple and Dice&cup so far armor knight dead statue suit chainmail platemail fish Kal Ort Por - Recall hello riddle ready leaves second map third Kal Ort Por - Recall hello riddle ready log second dragon scales third fertile dirt Kal Ort Por - Recall The spell fizzles. Kal Ort Por - Recall hello Trivia first Trinsic Jones General Franz Fremont third grinch third chef O'koh Chef OGok Chef O'Goh O'Gok chef O'Gok fourth grinch fifth Origin Kal Ort Por - Recall Select Marked item.

Did I say I would make it easy for you?
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    I just don't think it's fair when some have inside or privileged info on the answers in stuff like this and those of us who struggled without that info couldn't even get to the halfway point before the game was won.  And we asked and asked for a clue and thought we got one but then found out the clue was for other folks and it was of course the wrong hint for us and completely kept us stymied until the game was over. 
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    Parnoc said:
    I just don't think it's fair when some have inside or privileged info on the answers in stuff like this and those of us who struggled without that info couldn't even get to the halfway point before the game was won.  And we asked and asked for a clue and thought we got one but then found out the clue was for other folks and it was of course the wrong hint for us and completely kept us stymied until the game was over. 
    I had to get up early and run it all over again the next day as I had a very hard time with the clues as you did.  I wished he had left it up for a day as I enjoyed doing it the very next day without all the people around.  On some shards the EMs does something almost the same but leave it up as a self-paced and they turn in books for the promotion points.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Yeah, I like that idea, we used to have quite a bit of stuff like that, done over a period of days or even weeks.  Gives everyone a chance and the satisfaction and of doing it and completing it. 
    I don't think a lot of folks care about a plaque in the rewardhouse that has your name on it, how many people even look at that house and the stuff that's in it.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,733
    Parnoc said:
    Yeah, I like that idea, we used to have quite a bit of stuff like that, done over a period of days or even weeks.  Gives everyone a chance and the satisfaction and of doing it and completing it. 
    I don't think a lot of folks care about a plaque in the rewardhouse that has your name on it, how many people even look at that house and the stuff that's in it.
    Ya I like the idea of doing them and turning points over towards promotion, I rarely go by the reward hall except when it times to lock down event drops.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598