All pet damage against Anon The Mage in The Roof encounter is treated as physical damage

KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
Issue
All pet damage, regardless of the pet's elemental damage type, is treated as Physical Damage when attacking Anon The Mage in The Roof encounter.

In the video below, you can see a 100% Fire Beetle (with Wrestle Mastery spec) repeatedly cause Anon to turn into an Earth Elemental, then trigger his healing when hit.

I then used my warrior with a 100% Fire axe to turn Anon into a Fire Elemental. The Fire Beetle did not trigger healing against Anon in this state.

This same behavior has also been seen with a 100% Cold Platinum Drake.

There is a Discussion about this on the General forum (https://forum.uo.com/discussion/1867/anon-problem), but I felt it was necessary to make sure this was logged in the Bug Forum as well.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Take a pet with 100% Elemental Damage (Crimson/Platinum Drakes and Fire Beetle are good pets to test with) to The Roof encounter and have them fight Anon The Mage
  2. Observe the pets turning Anon into an Earth Elemental every time
  3. Observe the pets causing Anon to heal while in Earth form, regardless of pet damage type

Expected Result
Anon should correctly turn into the elemental form of the damage type he is hit with, including damage from elemental pets.
https://www.uo-cah.com
Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Comments

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Another thing, all my testing on TC1 with the drones, it always listed the pets melee damage type, regardless of what the pet's damage spread was,  as 100% physical, while player casted spells showed their correct damage type.  As I had never worked with a drone before I was unsure if that was a drone thing or not.  

Pets do appear to be doing the correct damage to mobs though for their damage spread.

(Another thing... can another drone be added to TC1? pretty please o:) )

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    This might just be the new way they decided to make Anon work.
    *shrugs shoulders*

I agree the older way was better.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002