Development of map applocation aiming to succeseed UOAM and UOC

1235»

Comments

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited October 2018
    Bilbo said:
    >So basically this program can hack all your UO info, what else is it looking at?  Damn glad I never downloaded it also.

Do you tell the same to all third party programs?

It is hard work.

name me any other legal 3rd party program that does this
    UOAssist...

The CC has no official support for plugins/mods/extensions whatsoever so everything just works like his tool. Including UOAssist..

The account and character name he was just reading from the window title. Every program can enumerate your running applications and print their window titles, just like your task manager program can.

Quite some tinfoil hats in here..

@Tranquilllo I already said just put it on github and be done with the tinfoil hats.. The lack of a single response from developers also speaks for itself. No way they have not seen this thread by now, so it's pretty safe to assume they just ignoring it on purpose. Good luck on your journey though ;)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MadMartyrMadMartyr Posts: 61
    edited October 2018
    UOAssist has been vetted and approved to use the methods it does. Other approved tools are built on top of UOAssist using a very restrictive API, and do not directly read/write memory or packets.
    UWF Emissary
    Developer of Ultima Mapper
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited October 2018
    MadMartyr said:
    UOAssist has been vetted and approved to use the methods it does. Other approved tools are built on top of UOAssist using a very restrictive API, and do not directly read/write memory or packets.
    I know, but Bilbo seemed not aware that somewhere in the chain one 3rd party tool has to "hack" the CC.

Also pretty sure the updates to UOAssist aren't vetted anymore. He could sneak any password stealer in just like this new mapper tool here could. I recall UOAssist having a lot of trouble with virus protection software after an recent update where he messed with some other 3rd party advertising functionality ;)

Lets just close with this quote directly from the UOAssist website that should make clear this mapper tool is no diffrent than UOAssist itself (even less agressive by only reading memory):

As mentioned on the updates page UOAssist does do 'virus like' things.  Namely it has a compressed 'payload' - updateace.dll.  It also 'injects' code into UO, that is how it functions as 'part' of UO.  So it isn't too surprising that it finally got flagged as a virus 

Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    JollyJade said:
    MadMartyr said:
    I know, but Bilbo seemed not aware that somewhere in the chain one 3rd party tool has to "hack" the CC.

Also pretty sure the updates to UOAssist aren't vetted anymore. He could sneak any password stealer in just like this new mapper tool here could. I recall UOAssist having a lot of trouble with virus protection software after an recent update where he messed with some other 3rd party advertising functionality ;)

Lets just close with this quote directly from the UOAssist website that should make clear this mapper tool is no diffrent than UOAssist itself (even less agressive by only reading memory):

As mentioned on the updates page UOAssist does do 'virus like' things.  Namely it has a compressed 'payload' - updateace.dll.  It also 'injects' code into UO, that is how it functions as 'part' of UO.  So it isn't too surprising that it finally got flagged as a virus 

So the OP admitting that his program does hack your memory means nothing.  UOA and UOAM do nothing to memory or the packet because that is against EA rules so no this program is nothing like UOA or UOAM.
  • This really isn't constructive anymore. The bottom line is:
    1. The application uses a direct read method on the client's process memory, which was disallowed as of the time Ultima Mapper received approval, and I've had several other application ideas denied since on those grounds.
    2. The author has stated that he will not change the method by which his application retrieves data, and would rather discontinue distribution of his app.
    3. The author has left the conversation.
    4. It really doesn't matter what any of us say. We're not Broadsword, and only they can make a determination.
    UWF Emissary
    Developer of Ultima Mapper
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,944Moderator
    MadMartyr said:
    1. The author has left the conversation.
    On that note I think it's time to close it
This discussion has been closed.