sexist armor

So the name "barracoon the piper" was changed as it could be considered racist. How about all the sexist armor types that are available?

I think it is unfair that some armor is "females only" and even for certain races only such as "elves only" and "gargoyles only".

How about anyone can wear anything, or at least have the ability to altar it to whatever race or gender they want?
  1. Should we be able to wear and use any type of items regardless of race or gender?29 votes
    1. Yes
      62.07%
    2. No
      37.93%

Comments

• ReywindReywind Posts: 17
    As of now, it's better to play a female character vs. a male. The succubus and Semidar both do less damage to females, and females have more armor options available. Male characters only have armor and boss restrictions. Maybe make succubi and semidar have a chance of spawning as incubi, and an incubus king? Or maybe have the damage apply equally to male and female characters. And some option for tailors to alter items between male/female, or just remove the female only restrictions altogether.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    My wife has a skirt you can borrow if you are feeling left out in RL. DJ.

Also the things near the Cus will only remove clothes from males.  They used that template with the fairy in Sorc Dungeon.  Was annoying.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Pawain said:

Also the things near the Cus will only remove clothes from males.  They used that template with the fairy in Sorc Dungeon.  Was annoying.
    Real life is not the problem. I can wear whatever I like. I am a bit shy so just dress up in womans clothes behind closed doors for the moment, at least until I get more confident to go out in it.

In game however I would love to rock my tiger pelt bustier but I cannot!
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2018
    I got it, how about if you get knight of all virtues you get a reward. A “virtue signal” like a fireworks wand that you can set off at meet and greets to make sure your inane question about cooking or dyes gets answered so as to avoid all the real questions about EC movement speed. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Pawain said:
    This type of shaming and online bullying is probably why nobody has said anything about it yet. We're attempting to address an imbalance in the game, please stay on topic and don't use personal attacks.
    Mervyn said:
    I got it, how about if you get knight of all virtues you get a reward. A “virtue signal” like a fireworks wand that you can set off at meet and greets to make sure your inane question about cooking or dyes gets answered so as to avoid all the real questions about EC movement speed. 
    We're attempting to address an imbalance in the game, please stay on topic and don't use personal attacks.
    edited June 2018
    Ya Mervyn you got punked

DJ found the humor in it.  But they do make a male version of the tiger pelt chest.  And you can wear the tiger skirts if you please.

I'm sorry, I think females should be allowed to dress their gender if they choose. Without males being able to wear some items.

I see no imbalance in the game.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Pawain said:

Actually the satyr's in the twisted weald disrobe female characters so it is not just the males that get disrobed, although the dryads disrobe you. Disrobing is an equal opportunity thing!

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    Taking my telescope to twisted weald. Thanks
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Elf privilege must end! It is discriminatory that only Elves can ride Cus.
    Seriously the only imbalance is with gargoyles. I could settle for the altering Idea the OP has.
    Gender change tokens are useable by everyone. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited June 2018
    Sliss said:
    Elf privilege must end! It is discriminatory that only Elves can ride Cus.
    You can ride em, get some pads of the Cu :)

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    And the fact that only Gargoyles can throw Boomerangs.......is that a slight aimed at Aboriginies?? saying they are somehow "not human"???
    Not to mention the poor Ninja's that now have a Throwing star envy complex.....poor ninjas and their little stars....

And the mentally challenged Bakers of Sosaria who can somehow make French bread (even though France is not in Sosaria) but cannot manage a simple Cinnamon roll???

And lets not mention the poor Phoenix that dare not show itself in public anymore for fear of ridicule....
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited June 2018
    Reywind said:
    As of now, it's better to play a female character vs. a male. The succubus and Semidar both do less damage to females, and females have more armor options available.
    The female unique tame/mount, the Unicorn, is also superior to the male unique tame/mount, the Ki-Rin. I remember when Male Mages were able to Polymorph into a Female, and then wear female armor, even after the Polymorph wore off. It was pretty funny.
    Hell, i remember when Polymorph had different categories, and Males were classified as "Animals", while Females were classified as "Monsters".
    Maybe males should inherently have more strength to balance things. 

• SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    Mervyn said:

That's incredibly sexist don't ya think?
    That's like saying Women should have more Intelligence and stamina than men? 
    Your idea of sexist is different to mine. 

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    No Trolling - Do not post comments which have the sole purpose of causing an argument. You may express your opinion on a topic however, abuse to anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as you will not be tolerated.

if you wish to continue this discussion on in game inequities, feel free to do so. do not make it personal.
    edited June 2018
    I think some people get confused with equality. 1/3 is equal to 4/12 so they don’t need to be the same to be equal.

• DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    It baffles me that this thread is even a thing.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited June 2018
    Slayvite said:
    Mervyn said:

That's incredibly sexist don't ya think?
    That's like saying Women should have more Intelligence and stamina than men? 
    Who has to say it when we all know it is true, just go ask your wife.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    The main point of this thread was just to see what the possibly of getting the certain armour restrictions moved would be.

They could even sell some kind of tool on the store to convert items. For example to turn some hide arms into studded/bone arms and remove the "Elves only" property. Leaf leggings into leather leggings, etc. etc.

While kind of on the subject how about a store item that would let players choose to change the look of an item into something else as long as it uses the same paperdoll slot.

Lets say you get an uber wizard hat but you hate the wizard hat look. You could convert this item into another head slot item (with the same base material) using some item purchased from the store. Its a 100% vanity item and I'm sure many people would buy it. I would love to be able to change the look of a Hawkwind robe into something like epaulettes.
  • DerajDeraj Posts: 85
    I do wish the "elves only" property was removed. I don't really see the point of it when there is no human only armor.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Human aren't drastically different body-wise to elves, in fact most of the difference is on their heads. Pointy ears and weird hair like twisty spaghetti strands! Luckily in the EC they have normal looking hair.
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    lmao, they changed his name? i figured that would never happen.

i wear a long skirt on every character, all male. fight me.

the elf only / female only stuff can be a bit frustrating if you get a killer piece that you cant use, but i dont really know that its worth dev time to address.
  • Came back to the game to catch up on some things. Annnnnnnnnd nothing has changed in the forums. 
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • Male characters can wear Wedding Veils. Baby steps ;)
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
    Pawain said:

I see no imbalance in the game.
    If I were a male character, trying to piece together a new suit of armor that just needed that one, final piece that tied everything together - and that piece dropped as a bustier? Or leather shorts? I still don't have my suit. If I were a female character, this wouldn't be an issue, as females can also wear male clothing. Please explain how you do not see an imbalance. Your personal opinion on what males and females should and should not be allowed to wear is irrelevant.
    Mervyn said:
    Gender change tokens are useable by everyone. 
    I shouldn't have to pay additional money, and then play as a character I have no desire playing as, just to have all armor options and bosses available to me.