Necro Pet Bugs

PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
edited June 2018 in General Discussions
Necromage Pets will cast Conduit, and yet it doesn't function for them. The circle of skull candles will appear, but none of their single target Necro spells will chain off of it. So the pet just ends up wasting Mana.
While technically not a "bug", the way some Necro capable pets cast Corpse Skin needs to be re-worked. Pets that deal a high % of Physical or Cold melee damage really shouldn't cast Corpse Skin, because it significantly lowers their melee damage output. For example, if your 100% Physical Damage necro pet casts Corpse Skin on an 80% Physical Resist target, their Physical Resist goes up to 90, and suddenly your pet is dealing half the melee damage it was before Corpse Skin.
Pets whose melee damage output negatively impacted by casting Corpse Skin: Dire Wolf, Dread Warhorse, Predator Hellcat, Shadow Wyrm, Tsuki Wolf.
Pets whose melee damage output is buffed by casting Corpse Skin: Dread Spider, Hell Hound, Hellcat (small), Nightmare, Grizzled Mare.
Vampire Bats are listed as "Necromantic" creatures by https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/animal-taming/animal-training/, yet are not tameable.

I'd like to see Necro pets cast Curse Weapon more often. This would help make Necromancy a tank option for pets, as Chiv is the best Damage Dealer option for pets.

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I just want to see the Grizzled Mare at 5 slots like it should be.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    The issue of pets casting corpse skin yet dealing physical damage was raised at test centre stage, no response was received. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    Necro AI casting Corpse Skin has been adjusted in Pub 100.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Ossein Ram can also be a necro pet.  But @Bleak will not change them to 1 slot or give them higher start stats to make them usable.

He fears necro pets and their power.... >:)

Ram does 50% physical and no fire damage.  How does he instill fear in the Liches with no fire damage @bleak?  No wonder he just putters around and lets them soil the place.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited June 2018
    Bleak said:
    Necro AI casting Corpse Skin has been adjusted in Pub 100.
    Woot! Thanks. Can you also do something about Conduit not working correctly for pets? Not to mention the Crushing Blow special move doesn't work at all for pets either.

Pawain said:
    Ossein Ram can also be a necro pet.  But @ Bleak will not change them to 1 slot or give them higher start stats to make them usable.

He fears necro pets and their power.... >:)

Ram does 50% physical and no fire damage.  How does he instill fear in the Liches with no fire damage @ bleak?  No wonder he just putters around and lets them soil the place.
    You can give Chiv to an Ossein Ram, and then he can deal Fire damage through Con Wep. The increased damage output of Chiv also synergizes nicely with his Life Leech, not only increasing his DPS, but also his tankiness. It's pretty ironic too, an Undead Ram with Chivalry. Kind of like the Sampire of pets.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited June 2018

You can give Chiv to an Ossein Ram, and then he can deal Fire damage through Con Wep. The increased damage output of Chiv also synergizes nicely with his Life Leech, not only increasing his DPS, but also his tankiness.
    And you just cant have 700 Str with 600HP like every other Chiv pet can.  Post that build on the tamer forum lets see the stats then we can compare it to other chiv pets.

I have chiv pets.  I want a Necro pet.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited June 2018
    Pawain said:

You can give Chiv to an Ossein Ram, and then he can deal Fire damage through Con Wep. The increased damage output of Chiv also synergizes nicely with his Life Leech, not only increasing his DPS, but also his tankiness.
    And you just cant have 700 Str with 600HP like every other Chiv pet can.  Post that build on the tamer forum lets see the stats then we can compare it to other chiv pets.

I have chiv pets.  I want a Necro pet.
    Actually, they can get 700 STR and almost 600 Health (mine has 598). Huge health pools aren't that important for an Ossein Ram anyway, because they have Life Leech (not the weak Life Steal). They self heal through dealing damage, so the more damage they deal, the more they heal.