Shadow Hound spawn... will it be a problem on more populated shards ? Make it a permanent spawn.

I am quite concerned that the new tameable, the Shadow Hound spawn, might be a big problem for UO Tamer players, especially on higher populated Shards...

Why ?

Because, aside from griefers who, just for the fun of it, will attack and kill Shadow Hounds while a player might be trying to tame it, there is also the scarcity issue with multiple tamers (especially over the first few days) trying to tame one when it spawns...

Also, considering the pet, I "imagine" that it will have the "Pack Bonus" feature thus meaning that, a single Tamer, in order to benefit more from usinng this type of pet, will need to tame multiples of it and, thus, then control a Pack of them...

Bottom line is, if their spawn will be "time limited" to only throughout the span of the upcoming Event, this might result in a whole lot of UO players without being able to tame their Shadow Hounds as they might have wanted...

Solution ?

Make it a permanent spawn so that all UO Tamers interested, even if not during this Event, will be able to tame their Shadow Hounds also after the Event will end.

Thank you.

Comments

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 991
    How about NO

you don't know that yet do you? you absolutely 100% have not been on test

So stop thinking of problems before they have even gone live yet

there will be plenty of time to tame them,  they are useless anyway
    even you will be able to tame one in the 2 months or so this is live

or are you starting to train a tamer now?
    I dont get why you are asking for something that isn't even live yet?
  • poppspopps Posts: 4,010
    I dont get why you are asking for something that isn't even live yet?
    Perhaps, "just perhaps" things need to have time to be thought up, designed and made possible in order for them to happen ?
    Don't over complicate things Popps

There will be plenty of time to tame one of the dumb things,  trust me, people wont be there long to mess with you.  You will only want 1 possible 2 and you will have plenty of time

These things will not make you rich

The Nightmares however, I would start getting your head round taming these things

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 4,079
    Does @popps understand he's gonna have to buy a totem to spawn a good color..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 596
    edited October 21
    Don't over complicate things Popps

There will be plenty of time to tame one of the dumb things,  trust me, people wont be there long to mess with you.  You will only want 1 possible 2 and you will have plenty of time

These things will not make you rich

The Nightmares however, I would start getting your head round taming these things

Balisiss posted on Stratics the stats of a Shadow Hound he tamed. https://community.stratics.com/threads/uo-com-publish-118-1-to-test-center.432944/post-3165085

Shadow Hounds are indeed a top-tier Pack pet. They're basically 1 slot Blood Foxes (which don't spawn anymore) with the Base Damage of a Wolf Spider. The Grasping Claw will allow them to out damage a Wolf Spider against most foes though. Against foes with low resists/high health (like Invasion Generals), pack pets will easily out damage any 5 slot 120 Chiv+AI pet. Tamers that use a pack, will want 5 Shadow Hounds for their pack.

You should see what a Tamer running "As One" with a 5 pack of pets can do with a Bard providing Provo Mastery buffs as well. We're talking 600+ damage every 1.25 secs on stuff like Invasion Generals, while the damage taken is split between all the pets, and the Bard is healing them all up at the same time with Invigorate. So the pack is ultra high damage and tanky at the same time then. With this combo, my pack of 5 Wolf Spiders was easily taking down Frost Dragons during the last Invasion.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,857
    One way to counter the griefers would be if the shadow hounds were invulnerable while someone is taming them.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 291
    Its funny how much JackFlash loves to troll popps, its like an unhealthy obsession.
    not really,  I just don't want the game I enjoy ruined by endless stupid suggestions.
    just look what happened to IDOCS and T maps when people who have no idea actually get listened to
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,456
    There are 23 gaming hours in a day.
    These events last a long time.
    Participation gets less and less as the events go on, and players get what they want.
    The point is, yes, there may be grief in many instances, but there are 6 facets, tons of space, tons of time, it will surely be possible to do what you want to do.