Warning, logging in while riding legacy nightmare

DcBarnumDcBarnum Posts: 22
edited October 16 in General Discussions
Good evening,

Upon patching and logging in while riding my legacy nightmare, it has now become a tincan with a hue of 0. Waiting on a GM for about an hour, doubt there is a fix.

Comments

• VioletViolet Posts: 393
    edited October 16
    I'm guessing you play on the EC and didn't get a change to read the patch notes. Per the patch notes on 10/15/24:

Nightmares have been Hue 0 for over 20 years.  That's because back then they changed the nightmare model from a horse with a hue applied to a actual black horse model.   That nightmare you see in the EC is the new standard nightmare model.
  • DcBarnumDcBarnum Posts: 22
    Here is the ULTIMA ONLINE  blanket response without being able to send a GM now that there is a "que" and my ticket has been deemed un worthy. Really?
    edited October 16
    Thank you for the reply, i did happen to read the patch notes, it does reference nightmares, but no mention of legacy/pre patch. I have screen shots of my mare beinf hue #1109, not understanding the change to a #0. I can see the new structure of the horse hues and such, but such a drastic change? Now it 1 of 1000 minus the stats? Lame. Unless im missing something pleae inform me.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 258
    edited October 17
    Wait what, they change your "shadow iron" mare to a regular grey one?

kinda hilarious.. the next event for you is mandatory if u don't want to stick with an ugly grey mare.  :D

It's like stealing candy from a kid before giving him an option to grind for more variety of candies.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,725
    Nothing has changed.  They fixed the EC so they can see Nightmare colors.  They will finally know what Voids look like.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 4,035
    Pawain said:
    Nothing has changed.  They fixed the EC so they can see Nightmare colors.  They will finally know what Voids look like.
    It changed his pets color before 118 has started 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited October 17
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    No.  He can now see the color.  Players with CC could always see the color.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    No.  He can now see the color.  Players with CC could always see the color.
    So if something changes your legacy WW you'd be fine
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,170Moderator
    Unfortunately, apparently, all EC nightmares are hue 0, we just couldn't see it before. I guess we're stuck with grey mares now.
    Again change to legacy pets should not happen....
    Mariah said:
    Unfortunately, apparently, all EC nightmares are hue 0, we just couldn't see it before. I guess we're stuck with grey mares now.
    So EC can not see the different colors?  
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,170Moderator
    I believe we will be able to see the colors of the event nightmares, when they spawn. I don't think anything can be done about the legacy nightmares we all own, coded by the original builders of the EC client.
    while what I am reading posted here is correct, it is all information POST publish 97. yes EC could only see 2 colors and, we could not see voids or the metallic ones. now with pub 118 it fixes this. and it seems to have done this on prodo. shards before being released WW.

my issue is with a LEGACY pre patch nightmare that could only spawn as 1 hue in 2 shades. this is a special ID and a HUE related to the time of the pets spawn, not a hue 0 that came after pub 97. so am I to understand that only EC could see these LEGACY pets as they were and CC only saw us riding grey mares?

Nightmares in Ultima Online have 4 different base models in the Classic Client, and only 1 base model in the Enhanced Client. There are 2 color families for each style of nightmare, making the variety of nightmares 8 in the Classic Client, and 2 in the Enhanced Client. However there are special Heirloom Legacy Nightmares that are double-hued and only visible in the Enhanced Client. These Nightmares hue as Shadow Dancer Black and appear pitch black in the EC.

shadow dancer hue.
    Hue 1109 - Stratics Community Wiki

just a bit confusing and just seems off. now I have a 160 barding difficulty unobtainable pet in the most common color. yay.

Thank you for the reply Mariah
    I hope they "fix" Cu's next and turn paragon ones to color 0.....
    edited October 17
    DcBarnum said:
     However there are special Heirloom Legacy Nightmares
                                               ^^

McDougle said:
    They already fuck with the CU's in the past and it was way, way worse than changing the color.. anti legacy, get lost type of move; while giving 2 slots to exploiters.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,198
    Thanks to UO Cah because I can't find my pictures :(

As you can see, ALL of the mares look exactly the same in the EC (pictures far right), which is why they patched the EC for this upcoming event.

McDougle said:
    Umm the EC was never able to tell what color the nightmares are.  You are complaining because they fixed it?

You have no content so you bring up a blaze Cu?  Wth does that have to do with them fixing a years long problem?
    edited October 17
    This look like a chubby poney!

and that neck..

Edit:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    You are complaining because they fixed it?

You have no content so you bring up a blaze Cu?  Wth does that have to do with them fixing a years long problem?
    Stop prentending this was intended.. they clearly overlook this special mare with their change, the focus is elsewhere (EC for NL)

Let's not forget how u started..
    Pawain said:
    Nothing has changed.  They fixed the EC so...
    Drop from your pedestral when talking to someone on this very topic and everyone can still read this:
    Mariah said:

*insert a clown emote*
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Umm the EC was never able to tell what color the nightmares are.  You are complaining because they fixed it?

They should never change legacy pets in any way whatsoever 
    edited October 17
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:

They should never change legacy pets in any way whatsoever 
    Well since those colors still spawn, they are not legacy.  Can still get them plus 4 new colors and soon even more colors. 

EC users can finally see them.
    edited October 17
    Thank you.
     :D  None of you looked on Test Center.  EC can see the nightmare colors now. 
    They are grey on Prodo but correct where the patch is.

The real question should be, why am I a female fire ele in EC!
    Pawain said:
     :D  None of you looked on Test Center.  EC can see the nightmare colors now. 
    They are grey on Prodo but correct where the patch is.

The real question should be, why am I a female fire ele in EC!
    We don't judge allen 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,171Dev
    edited October 17
    Hello everyone, let me attempt to shed some light on this confusing situation.

There are two types of changes we can make to the game.  Client changes and server changes.

Client changes update the game clients (CC & EC).  This includes things like how paper doll art displays, what tile art looks like, and how the static map layer (the stuff you can't highlight with your cursor) looks.  These changes happen independent of server publishes.

This also includes how creatures (mobs/mobiles) look in the game.

Some number of years ago, the Nightmare could/would spawn in hue 1109.  At some point this was changed so that all Nightmares spawn in hue 0.

What this meant for the classic client is there are 4 different body types that display varying shades of black, a look that is baked into the character model for the creature.

In the enhanced client each of those 4 different body types pointed to the same model with the same texture (the dark horse).  So regardless of how your Nightmare looked in the CC, it always looked the same in the EC.

What this meant is that regardless of whether you had a hue 0 or a hue 1109 Nightmare, in the enhanced client, the Nightmare would almost look the same, with a barely noticeable difference.  That is because the character model's texture was not setup to hue like other creatures in the game.

We recently updated the Enhanced Client version of the Nightmare character model texture so that it could show hue in anticipation of offering unique colors of this popular creature.

This was an enhanced client change only, and only impacts how the creature displays in the enhanced client so that the appearance of the creature would look better when hued.

Nightmare hues have not been retroactively changed in any way. If you have an old nightmare that was hue 1109, it will still be 1109. Similarly, the default hue for nightmares is still hue 0.

Hope this answers some confusion.

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,079
    edited October 17
    Kyronix said:

There are two types of changes we can make to the game.  Client changes and server changes.

Client changes update the game clients (CC & EC).  This includes things like how paper doll art displays, what tile art looks like, and how the static map layer (the stuff you can't highlight with your cursor) looks.  These changes happen independent of server publishes.

Some number of years ago, the Nightmare could/would spawn in hue 1109.  At some point this was changed so that all Nightmares spawn in hue 0.

What this meant for the classic client is there are 4 different body types that display varying shades of black, a look that is baked into the character model for the creature.

In the enhanced client each of those 4 different body types pointed to the same model with the same texture (the dark horse).  So regardless of how your Nightmare looked in the CC, it always looked the same in the EC.

What this meant is that regardless of whether you had a hue 0 or a hue 1109 Nightmare, in the enhanced client, the Nightmare would almost look the same, with a barely noticeable difference.  That is because the character model's texture was not setup to hue like other creatures in the game.

We recently updated the Enhanced Client version of the Nightmare character model texture so that it could show hue in anticipation of offering unique colors of this popular creature.

This was an enhanced client change only, and only impacts how the creature displays in the enhanced client so that the appearance of the creature would look better when hued.

Nightmare hues have not been retroactively changed in any way. If you have an old nightmare that was hue 1109, it will still be 1109. Similarly, the default hue for nightmares is still hue 0.

That clears it for me But why is @Pawain displaying as a female Fire elemental?? Enquiring minds want to know . . .

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Kyronix said:

That clears it for me But why is @ Pawain displaying as a female Fire elemental?? Enquiring minds want to know . . .

We accept they/them fire/fires as they are 
    Kyronix said:

I appreciate the answer and your time!!
  • McDougle said:
    Kyronix said:

That clears it for me But why is @ Pawain displaying as a female Fire elemental?? Enquiring minds want to know . . .

We accept they/them fire/fires as they are 
    And she's hot!!

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Agree.  <3