I wish the Classic UO client would be desktop - will it be?

I don't like playing in my browser, and I have UOAssist and a lot of other stuff set up for like 8+ chars..
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 258
    100% agree with you, the ONLY "good" thing that can come up from that browser client would be a mobile version of UO.

I say "good" cuz of the obvious auto-play mode y'all enjoy so much. (BS included)
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,727
    edited October 12
    @Kyronix ; We appreciate the new client!   I understand why you are not letting us use the program version of ClassicUO.  But please put it on their to do list to create a UO version of the client that we can download to play only UO. I'd bet a Go-Fund-Me page would get some extra scratch  if needed to make this happen.

Like @InLor said, its difficult to switch between characters.  I am so used to Alt-Tab.  We would have to open a window for each toon to be close to the same.  You cant use F11 as a hot key. It changes the window size.

Love the auto door opens,  Ran from a few Butchers today, when they Blood Oathed me.
    Love the World map.
    Macro menu is easier for me to navigate.
    Love open corpse and loot with double click.  That will make NL smoother for me!

If we used the program version of Classic UO we could access more of the video settings than we can now.

Also the music/sound is messing up.  It glitches and sounds very tinny and (like your under water).  It can happen on one of the open clients and not the others.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 286
    Yes please get a desktop client version.
  • AenvarAenvar Posts: 54
    edited October 12
    +1 for desktop version, please, would hugely appreciate it. Getting sync errors with web client. Also problems with crackling sound/music. Arrow keys not working either.
  • SirZSirZ Posts: 1
    I agree. I want to use on my Linux machine native ClassicUO version, not official classic client via Wine.
    Via Wine it's working, but have an issues with Japanese input and laptop fan trying to fly...
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 878
    It was unusable for me. Sound was completely messed up with a quick cutting in and out. Like a stutter in the sound I guess would be the best way to put it. Everything from the music to footstep sounds to the sounds mobs make, all of it stuttered. 

I repeatedly tried to increase the screen size by holding onto the gem in the lower right corner and dragging to enlarge but as soon as I let go of it the game screen snapped back to original size. I didn’t find any way to type in numbers to create a larger size game screen. 

I got dropped with a disconnect. Logged back in and the entire game screen was black. Only thing that showed up was my paper doll. Did everything I could to try to find a way to get game screen back. Couldn’t do it. I shut the game down, rebooted my pc, fired up the game through the web again. Still a black screen. I gave up. 

I’ll stick with my old school CC, UOAssist and UO auto map. Maybe if we get the desktop version folks are asking for I’ll try it again. 
  • ArmyArmy Posts: 23
    They don’t want cheating. Yet here we are…and for the record there already is mobile UO in the App Store. Just only works for free shards currently
    These devs, in particular one can’t get out their own damn way. Soooo many people love this game and want to contribute where they can’t due to time/skill or whatever it is.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 4,036
    No offense to the CUO folks but this looks like a failed middle school project...instead of nl they should have added cc graphics to EC and given us a true expansion...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,464
    McDougle said:
    No offense to the CUO folks but this looks like a failed middle school project...instead of nl they should have added cc graphics to EC and given us a true expansion...

^^^
  • VenomVenom Posts: 41
    I thought allowing CUO would mean that we'd get access to a non-browser version. In fact, I had no idea it'd be implemented via browser. That's a huge disappointment.. As someone who uses the original client with UO-Assist, I wanted the higher frame rates/etc. Playing via browser is an immediate no from me.
  • poppspopps Posts: 4,007
    I do not understand, can anyone please enlighten me better on what is upcoming ?  The "new" Client will be, for about 10 bucks a month subscription, a "Browser" version, not an actual, executable program like the Classic and Enhanced Clients are ?
    popps said:
    I do not understand, can anyone please enlighten me better on what is upcoming ?  The "new" Client will be, for about 10 bucks a month subscription, a "Browser" version, not an actual, executable program like the Classic and Enhanced Clients are ?
    Absolutely, horrible decision..but what else can you expect. Imagine that…
  • poppspopps Posts: 4,007
    Can we at least keep playing Ultima Online using the Classic and Enhanced clients or will it be mandatory to only use the Web Browser version if one wants to play Ultima Online ?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,785
    Is there a set of instructions for what to do, where to go?  This is as far as I got.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 135
    Pawain said:
    I'd bet a Go-Fund-Me page would get some extra scratch  if needed to make this happen.

Umm. wow!
  • rob0rob0 Posts: 8
    The wiki page for the ClassicUO github says they only support browser mode because EA said so.

Apparently their dedicated client program can be "easily modified" to enable unfair play.. which is also why some of the browser mode features are disabled.

Good news though, the browser does support high refresh rate, I was able to set my refresh rate to 120fps and it ran smooth. I could even feel the difference when I went back to the normal client.

It's better than the dedicated client In My Opinion, they just need to squash a few bugs.

As mentioned above, there's a bug where it loads a blank black screen when you log in. You can open the settings and set the gameplay window size or refresh rate and it will come back. But the main bug that's a no go for me, surely will be fixed soon, is the inability to keep my macros when I log out, or close the window, and log back in.
  • blankblank Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I'm one of the ClassicUO Web Client developers, I've read through all of the comments here.

I'd just like to say a few things:
    1. We're just 3 hobbyists building this for fun in our free time whilst having full-time jobs and families. Some of the comments have been a bit disparaging, please be kind and remember we're just fans like you guys are, we're trying to do something constructive for the UO community by offering a sanctioned version of the web client.
    2. Unfortunately we're not in control of the feature restrictions, if you want to enable more UOAssist-like features please direct your requests to Broadsword, if they allow it we will gladly build QoL features the community asks for, but again within their guidelines.
    3. There were quite a few issues with the start of the "veterans preview" especially around the profile data being reset. This should be fixed now and was actually my fault, so my apologies for that.
    4. If you have bugs to report we have an issue tracker you can submit them to, or we're quite responsive on our Discord if you want to speak to us directly.
    5. Please have a read of our FAQ for the sanctioned version of the client, it might answer some other questions you guys have.

Lastly I just want to re-iterate, the Web Client is just a fan-made alternative to CC/EC, we are very open to improving and making it better, it's a project for the community and we do it out of our passion for the game. Thanks guys, look forward to seeing you in-game.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,448
    edited October 13
    blank said:
    Hey guys, I'm one of the ClassicUO Web Client developers, I've read through all of the comments here.

1. We're just 3 hobbyists building this for fun in our free time whilst having full-time jobs and families. Some of the comments have been a bit disparaging, please be kind and remember we're just fans like you guys are, we're trying to do something constructive for the UO community by offering a sanctioned version of the web client.
    2. Unfortunately we're not in control of the feature restrictions, if you want to enable more UOAssist-like features please direct your requests to Broadsword, if they allow it we will gladly build QoL features the community asks for, but again within their guidelines.
    3. There were quite a few issues with the start of the "veterans preview" especially around the profile data being reset. This should be fixed now and was actually my fault, so my apologies for that.
    4. If you have bugs to report we have an issue tracker you can submit them to, or we're quite responsive on our Discord if you want to speak to us directly.
    5. Please have a read of our FAQ for the sanctioned version of the client, it might answer some other questions you guys have.

Lastly I just want to re-iterate, the Web Client is just a fan-made alternative to CC/EC, we are very open to improving and making it better, it's a project for the community and we do it out of our passion for the game. Thanks guys, look forward to seeing you in-game.

Hey, welcome to you guys, and honestly, your efforts and time are appreciated, welcome to these boards, this is how they show the love around here.... :)

Yes - in terms of Feature restrictions - I completely get that - and I am quite happy to put forward a logical case to the Devs.

The main issue I found, was I could not activate my spellbars, there was a lot of nice stuff in there. Auto follow works, the Auras was nice, auto open doors was nice. I would like to ask for more auto loot options, and I would like tree's into stumps - one for the Devs of course.

Was Lists restricted? I think the main thing for us as players to know and understand, was where has the Bar been set, what is restricted, and what is not restricted. Then genuinely, I would like to discuss with the Devs further, because genuinely, I believe much of this stuff to be quality of life.

I just think PvPers are misunderstood, and players do not appreciate what quality of life is for a pvper. :)

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 4,036
    We understand please know our unhappiness is directed at the developers not the CUO team
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • GarretGarret Posts: 170
    edited October 13
    blank said:

Don't take what some players say personally, we are very grateful for everything you do, sometimes people can seem intrusive or rude, but I think it's just because we've waited a long time for improvements and everyone is trying to put in their 5 cents to make the client the best they can comfortable for yourself/everyone.
       I/we are very grateful for what you do, don’t be offended, do what you need for as long as it takes.
      We are simply trying to give maximum feedback so that there is an understanding of where to pay attention and where to move. Thanks again for everything.
      I also created an additional topic in order to draw the attention of the game developers to things that could/would like to be added to the web client, of course, with their permission.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,727
    @blank ;  Thanks.  I can make macros and they save.  Can make profiles.  Advantage of logging in with Discord, you can access profiles on all accounts.

No black screens today.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.