Can we get the ClassicUO Web Client working before NL Launch?

PawainPawain Posts: 9,727
edited October 11 in General Discussions
It looks like you plan to put them out at the same time.

It would be nice to practice using it before NL.

Please.  @Kyronix

Does this Web Client mean we will have an official UO Discord since you are making us log into discord to use the new client?
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 4,036
    Is it currently safe to enter our login information on the web version? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,727
    edited October 11
    McDougle said:
    I did not go that far since real UO is not a choice.  I did not care about my discord info.  I did not know I had a discord account since 2017.
    It looks like you will have to download the game files of UO before using it once UO is a choice.  
    I need to clear some space.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    I did not go that far since real UO is not a choice.  I did not care about my discord info.  I did not know I had a discord account since 2017.
    So we wait until we get official it's safe message 
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    So we wait until we get official it's safe message 
    Definitely.  Thats why I'd like it to be released first so we can try it out before the mad rush to get a good house spot in NL.
  • KalseyKalsey Posts: 52
    Pawain said:
    It looks like you plan to put them out at the same time.

It would be nice to practice using it before NL.

Please.  @ Kyronix

Does this Web Client mean we will have an official UO Discord since you are making us log into discord to use the new client?

I don't have discord.  Is this something I need to look into?
    edited October 11
    To use the sanctioned web version of ClassicUO, you need a Discord account.

So you would need to make one. @Kalsey

Here are the FAQs.  https://uo.com/wiki/classicuo-web-client/

ClassicUO is basically a tool for developers to use.  They say they chose to use discord instead of IP address so they could banish bad people.  UO is not going to use it for that, they can banish you like they do now.  It is the way ClassicUO has chosen to gain access to the client.

And maybe we will get an official UO discord out of this.

Here is the generic FAQs for Classic UO web version. https://classicuo.org/players/faq
    Right now the there are a lot of free shards listed I'm assuming they will go away when it goes live? 
    McDougle said:
    Right now the there are a lot of free shards listed I'm assuming they will go away when it goes live? 
     :D  its like a Free shard ad right now.  
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
     :D  its like a Free shard ad right now.  
    Yes I'm surprised they would point us that way..
  • usernameusername Posts: 791
    edited October 11
    snip
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,170Moderator
    Pawain said:
    It looks like you will have to download the game files of UO before using it once UO is a choice.  

Why would you download uo game files? you already have them, you're already playing using them!
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,464
    Its very disappointing we cant use the non-web version of ClassicUO 

Are they going to add the features of ClassicUO to the official client then maybe ?

• SargonSargon Posts: 7
    I'm not clear whether the web client will run on any Chrome device, or does it still require Windows?  Does anyone know?
    Sargon said:
    I'm not clear whether the web client will run on any Chrome device, or does it still require Windows?  Does anyone know?
    Test it and tell us
    Mariah said:
    Pawain said:

Why would you download uo game files? you already have them, you're already playing using them!
    It is a new client.  The UO page says you need room for it.

It is out now!  So we shall see.

Thanks @Kyronix!  For listening.
    It is here.  https://retail.classicuo.org/

Can't use it on my phone.   :D

So I'll get to it later today.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,198
    Downloaded no problems, now to figure out all the bells and whistles!

Already like the auto open corpses, auto loot! Automatically open doors....

Yeah I have been playing the CC exclusively since the beginning, not even UO Assist lol so this is pretty darn cool.

Yup you have to download assets.

I hope they are not like the ones in Jason Bourne.

edited October 11
    Larisa said:
    Downloaded no problems, now to figure out all the bells and whistles!

Already like the auto open corpses, auto loot! Automatically open doors....

Yeah I have been playing the CC exclusively since the beginning, not even UO Assist lol so this is pretty darn cool.
    We are like kids in a new candy store.  Love the new things we can do and keep our CC graphics.

My map stayed black for a while, but then it appeared.
  • SargonSargon Posts: 7
    edited October 11
    I downloaded everything on my Samsung Galaxy Android tablet and was able to log in, but after that it is a complete mess.  I have two major problems that are really preventing me from doing anything else.  # 1 is that my mouse is out of sync with the cursor. I move the cursor and click on the screen, but the click doesn't register where my cursor is at.  The second problem is that the video is very finnicky and it flickers constantly if I try to maximize the window and/or change anything about the gameplay window size or zoom.

So, while it appears logging in on Android is TECHNICALLY possible, there are serious issues.

I suspect maybe it doesn't play well with certain resolutions and/or display framerates.
  • Pawain said:

We are like kids in a new candy store.  Love the new things we can do and keep our CC graphics.

The candy store isn't new, you've just been standing outside it the whole time going "Candy is for cheaters, I prefer the taste of dirt myself! Mmm, yummy dirt!"
    Pawain said:

The candy store isn't new, you've just been standing outside it the whole time going "Candy is for cheaters, I prefer the taste of dirt myself! Mmm, yummy dirt!"
    Ya silly me following the rules, yet it seems I been having more fun than you, I'm not crabby about UO.
  • I didn't have a lot of time (fiddled about while on lunch) but couldn't really find a macro section. could somone point it out to a blind old fart?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Now that the team openly acknowledged free shards will they quit pretending stratics doesn't exist? 
    edited October 11
    I didn't have a lot of time (fiddled about while on lunch) but couldn't really find a macro section. could somone point it out to a blind old fart?
    The little keyboard symbol on the right side area. Called Hot Keys.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,080
    edited October 11
    Pawain said:
    I didn't have a lot of time (fiddled about while on lunch) but couldn't really find a macro section. could somone point it out to a blind old fart?
    The little keyboard symbol on the right side area. Called Hot Keys.
    Thanks, i saw that but didn't see a lot of options. i'll poke around in it when i get home. 

**EDIT** apparently they hadn't loaded in yet the first time. Theres a ton of options now.  going to be busy figuring these out.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• deaditedeadite Posts: 16
    Sargon said:
    I don't know about something like a Chromebook, but you can use Chrome on Mac and Linux to play for sure. UO is now officially cross platform.
    I made macros and put stuff on the desk top.  When I logged out and in,  they were all gone....
  • warrawarra Posts: 28
    works in Linux Mint 22 with Microsoft Edge chromium browser.