Cloth Thigh Boots

KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
edited October 2 in General Discussions

What!?
Where?!
Why!!

Any crafter around?
Also about bribery, the cost is account bound or shard bound? Does it go down over time? Was it a one time thing? Should have I kept it for the juicy gucci?
So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
-UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
123.PNG 37.9K

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
    edited October 2
    All foot wear is made from Leather.  Except fur boots, maybe.

Yes there is a Thigh Boots BOD.
    From a Tailor.
    Because the developers decided to put footwear in cloth BODs. Notice footwear is in all of the cloth larges (cept the hat one), and one is just footwear.

Bride price is taken from your bank account.
    Bribe price goes up as you bribe more.
    I don't know what a juicy gucci is.

Maybe it would cause less ? if you understood that cloth can be short for clothing.

Call them clothing BODs if you are confused.  Footwear is part of your clothing.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,851
    A fully bribed thigh boots small BoD

Expensive to bribe up that far because the cost to bribe raises extremely fast.  You need to bribe multiple tailor NPCs and you need to hope that someone else has not bribed that NPC in the last few hours.

Footware is a prime example of the need to specify what you are bribing for.  It is rare to bribe to 20 exceptional without going all the way to barbed before you get either the 20 or the exceptional.

• KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 201
    edited October 2
    TimSt said:
    A fully bribed thigh boots small BoD

Do u have ANY thigh boots in cloth?
    I got over 2,5k bods i've got multiple of every single bods.. but not a single thigh boots in cloth.. I've got a shit load in leather..

Thx for the bribery explanation.. so this is shard bound after the first "cheap wave"
    Cuz i've reach the point; I did every npc 4-5 times.. the price seems to be stable depending on the scroll and the attempt.. the first few wave i could flip large 5 leather bods (bone/studded) for 0-300 gold.. I was wondering if I wait a couple weeks if it's gonna come back ^^

Pawain said:
    All foot wear is made from...
    Show me a screenshot of a cloth thigh boots bod.. for your post... i don't know what to say.

Edit: wait wait wait.. if there is NO clothing footwear bods.. any type of material fit? how does it work?
    I'm not done sorting the bods.. but i've done the Leather stuff.. I got like ~82 footwear left after crafting the large leather.. I started sorting the clothing. I've begin with the 5 pieces.. hvn't find the thigh boots in "clothing" i went & do something else..

Seems like most clothing bods gonna be useless.. only depend what kind of leather boot i can fit in those "cloth" large bods.

If i were to do these two.. what type of leather can I use for the clothing bods?

Edit2: this is the 4 footwear I got (I got more in different leather also)

So what smaller footwear leather BOD gonna fit in the large clothing bods
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,851
    BoDs are neither shard nor account bound.  You can transfer them or trade them.

You will never get a cloth footwear BoD because there is no way to craft them.  You fill those large BoDs with small leather boot BoDs.

I filled these two large cloth BoDs using small leather thigh boot BoDs.

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,052
    Pawain said:
    All foot wear is made from Leather.  Except fur boots, maybe.

Yes there is a Thigh Boots BOD.
    From a Tailor.
    Because the developers decided to put footwear in cloth BODs. Notice footwear is in all of the cloth larges (cept the hat one), and one is just footwear.

Bride price is taken from your bank account.
    Bribe price goes up as you bribe more.
    I don't know what a juicy gucci is.

Maybe it would cause less ? if you understood that cloth can be short for clothing.

Call them clothing BODs if you are confused.  Footwear is part of your clothing.

And here I thought Clothing was long for Cloth . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited October 2
    TimSt said:
    BoDs are neither shard nor account bound.  You can transfer them or trade them.
    I was talking about the bribery. You were saying if someone else went first, the attempt cooldown is shard bound, i'd need to wait.

I thought they would have adapt the situation a bit better when they rework the bods.. the freaking clothing large bods gonna be hard to fill if i can only fit in smaller normal leather footwear.. easier to farm barbed than filling most large CLOTH bods.. I was like; what am I missing here?

I'm legit gonna be able to fill all the good bods with a bunch of large cloth bods in the waiting room (the cheapest one).. i'll need to pray the RNG gods when bribing normal leather footwear to 20 or 10+exc or even worse for the 5 cloth 20 and exceptional; without flipping it to spinned and most of the times it flip color on the first roll.

And for Paiwan it seemed obvious at first:

Edit: kinda crazy, when claiming Tailor bods what u really hope for is large bods and small normal leather footwear  :/
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,152Moderator
    Thigh boots are made from leather, as are shoes, boots and sandals. Most tailors know this and probably didn't even notice that the large bod said 'cloth'.
    edited October 2
    Still, with the new bods system reward and rework.. I would have thought any type of leather could have fill those cloth bods.. not only the normal leather.. it create a big WTF.. easiest to farm barbed than spinned

If the cloth bods can accept any type of footwear leather.. it would make WAY more sense
    PS: the NORMAL leather is really not intuitive and those tailors u talk about must have never use a bulk order book with their filter option.
    Also if u look the OP it come from your wiki CLOTH bods section.. I was looking for "new" cloth footwear bods, couldn't find any in my books.

@TimSt for the bribery question shard bound or account bound cost.. here i've miss this NPC on every single run, I still got the original pricing

free upg on a 5 horned exceptional.. I was like should I wait couple days/week and is it account or shard bound. ;)
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 217
    KroDuK said:

If the cloth bods can accept any type of footwear leather.. it would make WAY more sense

The good thing is that they do that, you can use any higher material when filling plain bods and lbods.

For example you can fill a plain 20 small thigh boot bods with barbed leather thigh boots.

You can also use a 20 barbed exceptional thigh boot bods in you cloth 20 exceptional lbod.

The only thing is that they are named being from cloth but thats wrong since you make them from leather.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,679
    Yup you can fill BODs with higher level materials.

Barbed exceptional boots would fill normal leather boots.

I did that in NL with ore.  After you advance in mining its easier to get dull copper than iron so I used DC to fill iron BODs to use for quests.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 3
    Pawain said:

I did that in NL with ore.  After you advance in mining its easier to get dull copper than iron so I used DC to fill iron BODs to use for quests.
    omfg, thx for letting me know that; i wouldn't have science that.. this is huge!!!

Cuz yeah It was very limiting when on the contrary u can farm barbed no prob.
    I got 2 more Large like that.. but only had one small normal leather 20 exceptional.

I was like no way on earth spinned sewing kit (except the hat&cap Lbod) gonna be harder to get than high end reward. Any superiror colored, that's hot!

I still need to figure couple stuff about bribery before switching to mining/smithing.
    PS: you have one tailor NPC with a mistery hitbox.. we cannot drop bods on her, I even try to open paperdoll and drop on the bag.. I wonder if it's a bug on my shard or it's generalise

Edit: I got baited.. thank you @chrille.. I was like omfg since when paiwan really answer questions instead of..
    edited October 3
    If u guys have time to waste, can you verify on your server if MAXINE; located in east britain tailor shop can do a switcheroo? I can bribe her on Legend but i'm not able to find her hitbox to drop the bods on her:

edited October 3
    Pawain said:

Does it work only for the boots to fill large cloth bod with what ever leather level?
    We can fill the smaller with better stuff but not the large except the cloth?

The large won't accept the small
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 382
    edited October 3
    KroDuK said:
    Pawain said:

Does it work only for the boots to fill large cloth bod with what ever leather level?
    We can fill the smaller with better stuff but not the large except the cloth?

The large won't accept the small
    Yes, smalls will accept any higher level material.  I don’t know why you would do it but it’s an option.  And no, large bods will not take different levels of materials of smalls.

It’s a minor quirk in the system, and definitely not something that deserves this much attention to, unless we are just nitpicking to nitpick.

As far as bribes it helps to jump
    around to different NPCs to reduce the cost of the upgrade but I suspect you know all these things already.

edited October 3
    Oreogl said:
    Yes, smalls will accept any higher level material.  I don’t know why you would do it but it’s an option.  And no, large bods will not take different levels of materials of smalls.
    It does with the footwear for the large cloth bods, it take any level of leather.

Oreogl said:

It’s a minor quirk in the system, and definitely not something that deserves this much attention to, unless we are just nitpicking to nitpick.
    It's called learning a reworked system with major incoherence.

PS: overall is it a problem? no.. The BODs system is wayyyy better than it was, by a long shot!
    The learning part suck tho.. u have to do your own science like u were theorycrafting when in fact.. it's a game system poorly explained. (like the Large cloth bods.. 2 wtf)