Old school poison fencers and axers

Im new to server and havent played since 2002/2003. The way the system is designed now, I haven't found a way to be able to do this. preset quest skills and old-style skill gains. So as a blacksmith, you can't get any magic? And how would you make a fencer that can do poisoning or an axer that can do lumberjacking for extra damage? I might be missing something. But from what I read, any trade skills have to be done via quest mode. and you can only level trade skills? If anyone could help me explain how to add magery to my smith or how to get lumberjacking on my swordsman, that would be great. 

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,382
    Are you talking about New Legacy?  On production shards for a fencer you just learn poisoning.  You might need an alchemist to get all the poisons you need to learn the skill.  For lumberjacking just set the skill to rise and start chopping down trees.  But if your talking about New Legacy, that has a different rule set from the production shards like Atlantic.
  • One of my guildies had a Fencer with GM Poisoning on New Legacy, so that's definitely possible. Carpenters start with Swords/LJ skill, and can get up to GM in both for some pretty hefty axe damage (even without Tactics/Anatomy). I didn't try putting GM LJ on a regular Swords Warrior yet though.
  • Arnold7 said:
    Are you talking about New Legacy?  On production shards for a fencer you just learn poisoning.  You might need an alchemist to get all the poisons you need to learn the skill.  For lumberjacking just set the skill to rise and start chopping down trees.  But if your talking about New Legacy, that has a different rule set from the production shards like Atlantic.
    yes im talking about new legacy,