VvV Announcements

When the Vice vs. Virtue system was added with Publish 86 in September 2014, announcements about battles were visible to all characters in the guild, even those characters that were not enrolled in the VvV system.  This made it a lot easier for people playing those non-VvV characters to know which city to avoid for a while if going to Felucca towns and made it a lot easier to play on Siege Perilous if you had no interest in becoming part of VvV.  However, sometime later, this aspect of the announcements was changed and they became visible only to VvV characters.

Can we please have the announcements once again go to all characters in guilds where any one character is a VvV member?   If the reason they were turned off for non-VvV characters is because someone complained about them, could we at least get a toggle, perhaps on the guild menu, to see the announcements?

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I think a better solution would be a power phrase you can ask, then you can query at your leisure without the guild fighting internally over who is going to log out and in (and lose all their health bars) to find out what town is currently active. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,355
    edited May 2018
    I didn't do VvV for long, and only on my thief, but the way I worked out which town was active was simply to recall to each in turn. The active one won't let you recall or gate into the area. Then I used a rune I'd marked just outside the town boundary to go there and steal sigils. I considered that to be less hassle than logging out and in.

If you're working with a guild, just take a town each.
    edited May 2018
    Yeah Petra, that is so much easier than logging out and in...

ofcourse it actually doesn’t help pvpers, because pvpers don’t have runes inside the actual towns, for that very reason, the runes are outside the towns, so by the time you’ve scouted them all, it would probably have finished. 

Keep those top tips rolling in though. 

Or we could try them saying fel x mint and be killed in a trap.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,355
    Sorry, didn't know fel bank rune books were obsolete. We used to mark and sell loads of them.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    So are the announcements showing up right now only for VvV characters when they log in?  Are VvV characters who are already logged in not seeing messages when a new town becomes active?   
    They are currently showing for vvv members, if you’re not in the town, you receive one announcement to notify you that a city is under siege. But no more updates on the towns unless you enter them. 

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    It should just show in the guild menu.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 621
    maybe the devs could add a feature to towncriers/sherry the mouse etc. where when you say VvV they tell you which town is currently active or that there is none active at the moment.
    much like you can say news to get the news...
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    If the news were updated on the fly, then yeah that would work. But we all know the "news" should really be called the "olds". :P 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    well they were updated during the town invasion events. what you're talking aobut is that old news keep poping up (like the artisan festival for example, long after it was over).