Beta test week 8 feedback.

PawainPawain Posts: 9,641
I haven't read the notes yet. 
I'm a vip at a really cool theme park for a while. I get to go to the front of lines.  All went well.

Have fun without me.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,898
    Hope you're well
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,641
    edited September 13
    McDougle said:
    Hope you're well
    Thanks.  I will be.  2.1cm kidney stone removed via the back. That tube is kinda annoying atm.  

Go test t hunting for me.  I'm not into that. See yall in game tomorrow.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • A whole new meaning to being stoned.. I suppose.. Be well

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 338
    Any news on when NL will go Live on Production?
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 338
    edited September 17
    I got a message when crafting boxes/crates on my Carpenter that my Tinker skill was not high enough to make them lockable (or words to that extent) and my crafter has GM Blacksmithing so she should be able to make them lockable.
    I'd like to see a change to how bottles are sent to the resource pack.  My Alchemist makes the potions and my Ranger drinks them and he got the bottle added to his resource pack and since he can't make potions they just sit there.  Is it possible to change it so you can add empty bottles to the Purifier Bag with the reagents so they can be processed by my alchemist (purifier used bottles sound more sanitary then reusing dirty ones lol)

Thanks for listening to our feedback and I've been having a lot of fun testing NL in the open Beta, so much so that I reopened one of my closed accounts to be able to add more character builds to test.
  • Fire Horns are working on NL now.
    Now that Bosses can drop standard Invulnerability armor, i suggest they add Set Bonuses to the Boss Artifact Sets to make them more unique. Crimson Wyrmscale could get Fire Eater set bonus, Dragonbane Set could give Kinetic Eater, Arctic gear could get Cold Resonance, Wraithbinder could get 5% Mana Drain (same as Wraith Form Mana Drain), etc.
  • GarretGarret Posts: 151
    edited 10:17AM
    Hello, dear developers, as always, I hope for your patience and desire to read some of my thoughts, ideas and feedback.

Treasure Hunting:

In addition to my bug report, I have a couple of questions and ideas. After a couple of dozen maps completed, I still haven’t found any unique loot in the chests, except for T5 (vanq/invul) items in the chests. And this is the problem that I get T4 items (pwer/fort) even with stash maps.
      In the first 4 phases of the game before the release of vanq/invul items there will be no point in doing anything else in the context of time (then t1-t2 maps).
     I assume that at least the gold reward should be significant, because at the first levels it will take a lot of people to close the T5 map and they will share 3k gold among themselves? Or will the level of maps be tied to content phases?

I see no reason why a map decoder item requires 100 Inscription to create.
     Lockpicking and removing traps - yes, let them be tied to a high level of crafting, but the decode should be available already at 50 skill since the first tier(s) of maps can be opened using improvised methods(lockpick, unlock spell) and even if you decoded the T5 maps, you will not be able to open it until you have a master key and remove traps, so in this regard we will get a balance between decoding low maps and high ones, and in addition to all this, the reward for these maps is not so strong considering how much time is spent on searching and opening a map to require 100 skill for a T1 map.
      To balance decoder item it could be created with only 1 charge if crafted with 50skill and then + 1-2 charges for every 10% skill above up to 10.

Items and crafting:

A little about the system of dropping random Invul/vanq items from bosses, I don’t think this is a good idea, it’s clear that someone will get the bases that another person needs and will have the opportunity to sell/buy them and this stimulates the market and players to communicate, but with such variety some bases will either be very rare or simply not available.

Still, I think that we need to return to the option of strong artifacts from bosses in order to move away from the general meta to some base and give crafters the opportunity to make items at a level below the current phase, but make crafting random and dependent on colored material so that the item base were not so easy to produce, also return the enchance properties of colored metals to get at least a portion of 10-20-30% elemental damage for greater variety and depth of crafting.

Possible future content and old Sossaria:

Once again, running through a large territory of old Sosaria in an attempt to find or remember old places for farming, I realized that the world is half empty, in the literal sense, half of the territories of the world are forests and fields that are now definitely empty because of the new home system (and no, I like the new house system, it’s just the fact that the world has become empty). Yes, once upon a time, simply running around on a horse across the open spaces was already content, but now it looks lifeless and not relevant to the time.

Treasure maps brought some life back to unused areas, but that's all, maybe it's worth giving these areas more life, maybe adding ruins to spawn mummies, liches or other monsters. Maybe it’s worth making maps for extracting resources much, much more accessible and making sure that the points of their extraction are spread over these unused territories and not just like a spot, but like new small mines or unusual trees.

And because of all these thoughts, I came to the conclusion that Malas is more suitable in size and format for seasonality and its main Doom dungeon for me is a more iconic place in the history and world of Ultima Online.
      Maybe if everything goes well and we get to season 2, we won’t start it again in Sosaria, but move to Malas for the whole season and devote the whole season to this place, just an idea.

Release and beta:

I know that you have prepared a roadmap for us and maybe it’s too late, but we need at least one wipe on the beta server, we need to see what the start of a fresh server will look like when a lot of people rush to the first monsters on tasks, we wouldn’t want to do it again spend 2 hours trying to kill the first quest monsters, and if for me, as a crazy fan of the new server, this will be tolerable, then less loyal players will leave the game already in the first city (something has already happened).

P.S.Sorry for the many words, I tried to be as constructive and realistic as possible, thank you if you read it!

P.P.S. Also my old idea for fire horns update if you mind to read.
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/9657/fire-horn-need-some-love-rework

@Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak @Parallax

• KalseyKalsey Posts: 11
    A couple of thoughts.  

Starting town of Ocllo.  First character created, a mage, did fine with the quests.  However, the second time I created a mage there were less players in Ocllo.  She was actually the only player in Occlo most of the time.  Unable to finish the quest where she was to guard the tomb, never had enough mana to complete.  

This was not a problem at first because there were several other players to help with the spawn.  Once players left Ocllo it is very hard for a new character to complete alone.  

Then, would it be possible to add locations using the sexton for the job board quests?  A few places are hard to find, and I see in chat many others are having the same problem.  

Thanks
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,429
    I too started a new mage and was alone when doing that encounter. I didn't kill every attacker, but I did complete the task. I used the lowest level spell I could so that my mana didn't run out so fast. 
    The newer changes to skill gain meant that I was gaining med as I trained, which helped a lot. 

That was mentioned in Dev Diaries, week 6
    Skill Progression
    We have made an update to skill progression as it relates to the Narrative path for Warriors, Mages, and Rangers. Previously, you were required to increase your skills by doing Town Objectives and applying those skill points with a Skill Trainer NPC. While that path hasn’t changed and is still an option for those who wish to progress in that manner, you will now have your base skills unlocked when you reach your first narrative transition point. This means you will be able to progress through that transition point by using your skills in combat to raise them, in addition (or in lieu of) doing Town Objectives

I also got a book which gave info on locations, something else that was added more recently. I remember reading about that, but I can't find where that was!

So some of the concerns here have already been addressed.