Beta Test Weekend 7

PawainPawain Posts: 9,638

Beta Weekend #6 – Dev Diary

Skill Progression

We have made an update to skill progression as it relates to the Narrative path for Warriors, Mages, and Rangers.
Previously, you were required to increase your skills by doing Town Objectives and applying those skill points with a Skill Trainer NPC.
While that path hasn’t changed and is still an option for those who wish to progress in that manner, you will now have your base skills unlocked when you reach your first narrative transition point.
This means you will be able to progress through that transition point by using your skills in combat to raise them, in addition (or in lieu of) doing Town Objectives.
Base skills in this context refer to the 5 primary skills you are able to raise through Skill Trainer NPCs:

• Warrior: Weapon Skill, Tactics, Healing, Anatomy, Parry
  • Mage: Magery, Eval Intel, Meditation, Wrestling, Inscription
  • Ranger: Archery, Tactics, Healing, Anatomy, Tracking

The Manticore Legend

Rumors are swirling about the legendary Manticore—a beast so fearsome that none who have encountered one have lived to tell the tale!
One researcher for the Moonglow Zoo has dedicated their life to the pursuit of finding these elusive Manticore creatures.
However, on the precipice of greatness, the researcher was severely injured and unable to complete their work.
Will you take up the reins and attempt to track down the Manticore lair to honor the researcher and their work?
Find Researcher Fluxo Gelson and review their Research Notes to learn more!

Veylara The Thoughtshaper

Outcast from the Lycaeum for pursuing forbidden magics, it has been revealed that Veylara The Thoughtshaper is involved with the Shadow Reavers.
Confront her in her secret lair beneath the Covetous Mountains!

Misc Changes

• Empty bottles will now go to your virtual resource bank instead of your backpack when using a potion. If you have empty bottles in your pack, you can sell them to a provisioner.
  • Added leather resources to pigs and boars and increased leather resources on more dangerous creatures in the world—recruit a friend to help you slay these fearsome beasts and reap the leathery rewards!
  • The Lost Lands are now accessible through various entry points! Just don’t get lost… in the lands…
  • Rangers who failed to slay the Daemon in the Hidden Library can now use the objective scroll in the area to resummon the Daemon and enact revenge.
  • The Yacht Club will no longer trap pets inside… were they secretly in cahoots with the Magincia Black Market?
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,896
    We shall also ignore Divergent path because it's McDougle asking...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Damn, looks like still cant lower tactics on warriors
  • "The Manticore Legend

Rumors are swirling about the legendary Manticore—a beast so fearsome that none who have encountered one have lived to tell the tale!"

Then how does anyone know it exists? It'd require someone encountering it and surviving, to spread rumors to become a legend. Lol. I've always laughed at stuff like that.

• GarretGarret Posts: 149
    edited September 6
    McDougle said:
    We shall also ignore Divergent path because it's McDougle asking...
      I'm don't say divergent is super fun or ok but the most issue i see is magery gains.
      I spended like many many hrs like 6 is summ for 3 weekend testing divegent mage path and u gain very litle from direct spells (fireball or lightning) 1 gain in 2 hrs and no gain from healing, so only one real way to skill up magery is fire/poison fields. Looks like every tick is count as different spell hit so for direct spells u have to hit a lot of times like A LOT. @Bleak @Kyronix
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    edited September 6
    "The Manticore Legend

Rumors are swirling about the legendary Manticore—a beast so fearsome that none who have encountered one have lived to tell the tale!"

Then how does anyone know it exists? It'd require someone encountering it and surviving, to spread rumors to become a legend. Lol. I've always laughed at stuff like that.

A Necromancer did his thing on one of the victim.. this is the best he could get from this corpse.

:* 
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • Excuse me, but that's last weeks diary
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    It's the feedback on week 6, prior to our starting week 7. It is new information.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    edited September 6

Revision for “New Legacy Beta Dev Diaries” created on September 5, 2024 @ 14:02:18

click on the 'history' tab at the top of the page.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,638
    Excuse me, but that's last weeks diary
    All the diaries are on the same page.  They add new stuff to the top.

Find the new pet!

I got a deco belt after that hellacious fight that killed everyone.

Please put stats on it. @Kyronix
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 333
    Dumb question but did you Item ID it?

ZekeTerra said:
    Dumb question but did you Item ID it?

Many times.  :(
  • So just got the full set of Crimson Wyrmscale. It's equivalent to Ringmail in terms of Stamina Protection. The full set provides just 65% Stamina Protection, which is less than Chainmail. It also has a STR requirement of 75, which is more than Chainmail. When hit with a Weaken from a Lich, the entire Crimson Wyrmscale Set drops into the pack of my Ranger/Bard without Resist skill, because he dropped to 74 STR :/
    Overall, the Crimson Wyrmscale Set is inferior to Platemail (especialy Solen Chitin or Dragonbane) for Warriors, and is also inferior to Chainmail for Rangers. It needs to be buffed.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,427
    @kyronix ; Pretty please, can we have somewhere to rez?  Manticore is nasty and it's an awful long walk for a ghost to Papua.
    @ kyronix  Pretty please, can we have somewhere to rez?  Manticore is nasty and it's an awful long walk for a ghost to Papua.
    @ kyronix  Pretty please, can we have somewhere to rez?  Manticore is nasty and it's an awful long walk for a ghost to Papua.
    When everyone in our group died, we called in others to come res us.  Need an ankh, the 5 min reenter delay should be removed.
    Not enough valid spiderwebs in Deceit.   I had webs and spectrals.  made many rounds on first floor, decided to go to the bottom.  Spectrals were done fast.  Not one spiderweb that was valid to be found.
    Carpentry Secure Repair box not working.  It will not trade to a carpenter in a shop.  Select Carpenter does nothing when click on GM Carpenter.

It says needs GM Skill if you click non Carp.

Smith repair box dropped two items in the Smiths pack somehow.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,427
    Thank you very much! 

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 577
    edited September 9
    One thing i find funny, is how the Manticore fight is a damn near copy of the Fang & Talon fight in ESO. Two Manticores, invulnerability stages, even tornadoes.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,896
    Well except they have better graphics and a better client with a better UI etc etc..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 391
    If you think those encounters are anywhere near the same, you must think every encounter everywhere is the same.  

I prefer CC graphics over that junk.
    temp.png 373.4K
  • StingardStingard Posts: 23
    Rangers who failed to slay the Daemon in the Hidden Library can now use the objective scroll in the area to resummon the Daemon and enact revenge.  -Confirmed Fixed