Crafting skills stuck

I created a tailor and raised skill to 100.  Then took Blacksmith, raised it to 70 and can't advance any further.  The quest line doesn't offer anything and Blacksmith skill doesn't show up when speaking with skill trainer.  Then took carpentry and same thing happened.  Skill went to 75 and the quest line says "train skill higher via the job boards", however Carpentry doesn't show up when turning in skill points.  The only skills that show up to raise are tailoring and swordsmanship, which are both 100 already.

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,190
    You should have an objective like this to advance. Once you take a secondary crafting skill, you no longer advance through the job board, you have to do the 25 BOD's to advance the storyline.

If you don't have it, you're more than likely bugged, that seems to be happening quite often. Page a GM or post in the bugs section, they are still tweaking things.

• SaryfSaryf Posts: 2
    Larisa said:
    You should have an objective like this to advance. Once you take a secondary crafting skill, you no longer advance through the job board, you have to do the 25 BOD's to advance the storyline.

If you don't have it, you're more than likely bugged, that seems to be happening quite often. Page a GM or post in the bugs section, they are still tweaking things.

Thank you Larisa.  I did the 25 BOD's and even advanced the quest line up to a point.  I "think" the issue is there are no other skills listed in the skill trainer's menu.  Therefore, even when I do quest to gain skill points I can't apply them to the other trade skills.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,137Moderator
    you can not raise secondary skills via the job board, you need to follow the sequence of doing 25 bods and then going back to the guildmaster/trainer (as detailed in the quest log).
    I did discover, and report, a bug that if you access the guildmaster while in war mode (I had been killing cows for leather) instead of just refusing to speak to me, I got the wrong quest message, telling me to take jobs from the board.
    I got the right message when logging in the next day, when I obviously wasn't in war mode.
  • NecronomNecronom Posts: 43
    Unfortunately, I have the problem but in reverse.. GM'd Blacksmith which went smoothly, and I'm stuck on Tailoring at 90... Did 40+ BoDs and still nothing from the Tailoring GM. Supposedly, I'm on the last quest of Tailoring, ie Housing Registrar.