So a crafter walks into a Congiarium...

OrtOrt Posts: 12
I know I'm starting to sound a bit salty but I walk over to the Congiarium and I realize that half the people standing around the thing are... mages. Why, I asked myself, are a non-crafting class contributing to the Congiarium which is supposed to be where crafters make there mark on the New Legacy? Is that not supposed to be the responsibility of the crafter to contribute BODs to this magical deposit box for the betterment of the shard?

Mages can fight, tame, and also.. CRAFT?! (Through inscription) My crafter can craft and kill cows. Yay.

This seems totally unbalanced and feels ultra lame when I realized that. I spent a lot of time on the quest lines, and now I feel like it was all a waste. I could have been focusing on a mage and been able to fight, fight bosses, and contribute to the only thing I'm told I should be focusing on as a crafter, the congiarium. I'm fairly sure a mage contributed in the top 3 and picked one of the powerups!

I'm disappointed. I am also sick of hearing I am so "crucial" as a crafter because I can repair. It's not good enough. There needs to be more content, more thought and effort put into the crafting system. Once crafters get to the end of the quest lines, they will all start to see how little there is to do and will resent the time they put into making their character. I'm not talking nonsense.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,643
    They have smithing?  Only Smiths and tailors will be repairing and enhancing our stuff.

Loot starts with low durability and will need repaired.  I had a smith repair and enhance my 2 best weapons tonight.  I started a smith yesterday Im only 70 skill.  Next Ill do tailoring.

Its up to you to decide how you spend your time.  Those inscribers wont be repairing and enhancing weapons.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • OrtOrt Posts: 12
    Perhaps I don't find the idea of repairing gear as captivating as some people. I was really hoping for more. I guess I'm still holding out hope to see an overhaul and a new direction that makes crafting awesome.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,643
    Ort said:
    Perhaps I don't find the idea of repairing gear as captivating as some people. I was really hoping for more. I guess I'm still holding out hope to see an overhaul and a new direction that makes crafting awesome.
    As they drop BODs the things we can put on stuff will be more numerous.  So, think of this as you are in the infancy of your trade.  

Also, the more you know about the names of the stats the better, A knowledgeable crafter will be very useful as time goes on.

Thanks @Kyronix ; I was worried I would not be able to build suits in NL.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,138Moderator
    edited August 18
    Are you missing that the 'repair' action is what gives an item any kind of durability? No one wants to use their 'supremely accurate katana of vanquishing' at 25/25 durability. They need a smith to raise its durability to 250/250 to make it usable. they also need that smith to turn it into a 'supremely accurate silver katana of vanquishing'.  Likewise they will want looted armor to have more than 25/25 durability.
    The mages can't make their armor usable. They need a tailor for that.
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 128
    Pawain brought up repairing which OP is not talking about. I agree with OP on this one. Seems like legitimate good feedback. Crafting at this point is pretty dang boring. I'm still waiting to see what gets added as the beta goes on.