Moonglow Yacht Club - a sum inconsequential to one of your exalted status

Can anyone comment on what the outcome was from joining the ranks of exclusive membership to the Moonglow Yacht Club?

I ran out of time and couldn't accumulate enough gold.

The Objective Offer asks for monetary contribution:

Gold Amount - tiered member reward

25000 - Sandals, Pants, Fancy Shirt, have Yacht Club tag. [Club Membership]
  50000 - Nautical Benefactor's Ring [Silver membership?]
  75000 - Sailing Stalwart's Timepiece [Gold membership]
 100000 - Maritime Legend's Shawl (Cloak) [Platinum membership]

Club membership allows one to enter the stanchioned off area, dance floor, etc.
The Bracelet, for me, didn't actually tell the time.
One buggy thing i experienced - if you enter the building on a mount you get dismounted and the pet is then 'stuck' inside the building as it is disallowed passing back out though the door.

looking forward to buying this bridge. i also heard rumor the club has chicken legs of ruin. ;)

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,643
    I did not notice there were more tiers. Darn.

We won't know what the benefits are yet.  

Yes, leave your pet outside.  

You don't have to take gold there.  Click the owner to get a menu that will remove gold from your bank.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MitMit Posts: 44
    I had my mount stuck in there. Went outside and logged of then back on. My horse came to me as expected but with a dopleganger even named the same. Could ride either or. Released one and went bout my day. Didnt have nowhere near that kinda gold to throw away for clothes..
  • I got platinum last week.
  • FogsbaneFogsbane Posts: 9
    I got platinum last week.

niiiiiiice!
    i didnt get enough gold together until weekend 4.
    my screenshots are not uniform,but here's what i got -

i was over anxious and forgot to capture video of the last gold transfer
    there was a sound and colorsplash graphic with text recognition of the achievement.
    i didn't notice any other stats on each piece using itemid, nor any affect, yet.

i was really hoping for the chicken legs of ruin, but i hear new rumor there might be a vanquishing version now.

• HippoHippo Posts: 297
    I clicked aye instead of cancel when I was doing a tailor quest delivery there and the quest followed me until I broke down and bought a basic membership. Maybe when NL goes live - and I have the gold to waste - I will make a "Thurston Howell" ALT to pimp around town in the fancy regalia :)
  • GarretGarret Posts: 153
    Fogsbane said:

Your character looks like a weird dad trying to inflate a swimming ring for a child, but he didn’t succeed and decided to leave everything as it is.  :# ;) :D :D
    Hippo said:
    I clicked aye instead of cancel when I was doing a tailor quest delivery there and the quest followed me until I broke down and bought a basic membership. Maybe when NL goes live - and I have the gold to waste - I will make a "Thurston Howell" ALT to pimp around town in the fancy regalia :)

LOL!

Garret said:
    Fogsbane said:

Your character looks like a weird dad trying to inflate a swimming ring for a child, but he didn’t succeed and decided to leave everything as it is.  :# ;) :D :D

Double LOL!

I keep being swept back to days of ole. if im misremembering parts of his, then good for me, d'oh!
     in a bit of retrospect, i am going to play this as though it was designed purposeful ~

After getting the platinum tier, a new ferry route (coincidentally) opened to Fire Island.

The Ferry landing spot on Fire Island just so happens to be where (on Atlantic) in '97 I placed (and have today) a house.
     Awesomeness.

The player i journeyed with in '97 and shared that house with has since left both UO and RL realms.
     it would have happened to have been their birthday on the day that the new Fire island route opened. :)
     Some fond memories of early exploring in Hythloth.
     We used to take turns sailing back from Fire Island with our loot overflowing in multiple bags stacked high on a ship deck for transport to a town port.
     Im also (mis)remembering some fun server boundary shenanigans (hmmmmm, server boundaries may be different in NL).

i know it may not be the shards primary purpose, but it was so much fun to reminisce.
     I do like the different approach to waterway travel destinations.
     I continue to look forward to any open water sailing that may be implemented in the future.