Feedback after 2nd Beta Weekend

Where to begin....

I guess I will start with positives, most of the main quest lines that I have done have been relatively fun. I love what you have done with the Hedge Maze. However, this being trapped into categories thing is not going to work. For instance, with my Ranger; after completing all that was required and saving the world like the Hero I am, I was ready to compliment my skills with new stuff and get rid of dead weight. I wanted to add magic/eval int...to easy only 20k woohoo, now I can cast all the basic stuff...oh wait no I cant because im stuck with 10 int....Ok no problem there has to be a way to raise int and lower dex some right? Right?...
     So I moved on and took on the taming path as I wanted animal taming and animal lore as well. What I didnt want was to keep tracking, to keep healing and to lose tactics and the magery and eval int I bought....What I was hoping to achieve was GM Ranger/Tamer/Mage with bows, tactics, magery, eval int, taming, animal lore and a dash of meditation and resist spells...none of that is possible....Then I gave up on all that and tried switching to other paths to see how broken I could make him, taking bard deleted all of the ranger skills completely and magery and eval int again...then couldnt take assassin path or war path after that and after all that he still had 10 int. Tried using every skill I could to raise int with dex turned down, not possible...This is trash so I moved on to the crafter....
     I smashed through tailoring and ran off to get some magic and eval int so I could farm leather easier and travel around without having to rely on moongates or begging people to mark runes for me....nope you get to kill with your sword skills and nothing else, none of the other advanced trainers would let me purchase skills...who wants to play a character like this, a crafting only character who gets to stay in town and only venture out to the mines or the farms nearby to kill chickens and cows...Its to bad, I have enjoyed the crafting path but I was hoping to finish him off with GM tailoring/carpentry/lumberjacking/blacksmithing/mining/Magery and 50/50 eval int/med.. this would allow him to travel around on his own and kill basic stuff, even go into some dungeons to get mats...
     Furthermore, where are the leather options at? Only plain leather? Carpentry has what 7 or so varieties, blacksmiths have the usual selections up to valorite, so basically tailoring currently is pointless...Also, you should go back to the drawing board with the housing placement/requirements that are currently in place they will also not work.
     If you truly want this game to work, to have people play for more than a week, to bring old customers back to the fold like myself, then I recommend you do a complete 180. The path quests are fine but once complete, people should be able to customize their builds any way they like just like UO is meant to be, keep adding in the quests like you have been they are pretty fun, minus the defend X quests, they are terrible. If people want to be a ranger with carpentry let them, if people want to be a Battle mage with war skills let them. That is what people love about UO being able to customize it the way they like. Also, the resource bag is trash, throw it out, then throw the trash can out, then set the dumpster you tossed it in on fire. Resource gathering, trading, selling is a huge part of UO, I dont want to go cut trees every 30 minutes because I can only get 2500 of each, same with blacksmithing, 5k is a little better for ingots but you burn through it so fast. I want to load my pack mules up and haul it back to the house and get to work.

Comments