Anyone Else Experiencing TOO Dark Dungeons and Tunnels?

LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 851
This isn't as bad as it was in the Trinsic tunnels for kill quest. In that tunnel it was as dark as the black background around your game screen. No light showed from anywhere.

But this is in the dungeon under the Hedge Maze, trying to complete the Crimson Sorceress quest...
This is how dark it is even if I'm using a night sight potion.
Even the map is black...
I do not have Dark Nights selected in my settings. Sections are buggy for me. I might run through one screen where I can see and the next screen is pitch black. All around where the Crimson Sorceress is located is dark like this. And the area where you first come into this dungeon, after clicking the crystal ball is as dark as this. You have to fumble your way trying to find a ladder to get one level below for any light to show up to see where you're going.

Once you go west from that area tho, to find the sorceress, it's pitch black like this regardless of using night sight. I can put a torch in my hand and see one tile around me, but that's kinda tough when you use a bow.

This is not 100% new to me. I've had this happen to me before on production servers as well. I've never found any help for the problem.

Anyone else dealing with this?

Thanks!

Comments

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 851
    I'm told I'm the only one that seems to be having trouble getting nightsight potions and scrolls to work in a dark dungeon. But just in case I'm not the only one I did figure out a work around.

When daytime sprang up in game I tried again. I found if it's daylight in the game world nightsight will work for me in the caves, tunnels and dungeons. If it's nighttime in the game world no amount of nightsight magic helps me at all. It's black as pitch even after casting or drinking potion.

Not so bad if you have a one handed weapon and can carry a torch. At least then you can see a one tile radius around yourself. But it's a big problem when using a bow. Can't see where to run to to heal up. Can't see mobs. Only way I could target to fight was that I had a macro set that did the targeting for me.

All in all I'd say I'm bugged when it comes to this issue.