1st June @ 5 pm : A Peerless Peril

EM KincaidEM Kincaid Posts: 187Event Moderator
Members of the Black Watch (and anyone else who wants to come along!),  for too long, we have had to endure the taunts of Lady Mel, the indignant snorting of Dreadhorn, and the flatulence of the bloated chief! For too long, we have had to put up with the arrogant shimmering of the Prism of Light's misshapen lord, and the mocking laughter of the Travesty. Many have you have suffered the slings and arrows of Medusa, been spat upon by the Grizzle, and been trodden on by the Stygian dragon.

So, here is your assignment:

On the first day of the month, we will take the fight to them. But, your help is needed. Please, talk amongst yourselves, and decide which of these cretins without peer deserves to face our wrath the most this month.  Gather the keys that are needed to assault them - be warned, they have an expiry timer on them - ready for our assault. As many as you possibly can! Then, we will hoist them with their own petard!

Depending on which keys are provided, we can do multiple attempts on a single Peerless, or attack multiple Peerless. The decision is in your hands!

*goes to find out what a petard is*

Tagged:

Comments

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited June 2018
    Not only are these creatures a terror to citizens, but they have not been paying ANY taxes! Faced with the prospect of the King having to raise taxes across the land to compensate, Commander Bhaltair led a small but bold band of fighters to the very lairs of some of these creatures to exact what was due to the crown.

First, was the Stygian Dragon. Surrounded by a massive hoard of gold and precious metals, surely this beast was the most negligent in his tax duties.

Next was Medusa, holed up nearby. Alas, it seems my picture imp was rendered unconscious from the jostling of the box from my constant deaths. Still, Medusa was laid to rest as well, and the taxes for the crown gathered up from her store of plunder.

Corgul might have thought himself safe on his floating island, but our intrepid troop decided that he was next on the list! I feel a bit sorry for the healers that were conscripted to the cause, but their deaths shall be honored, and no doubt their surviving family reimbursed from the spoils of this adventure.

It was at this point in the mission that I had to bid my farewells, but there was talk of Melisande and others being given the same treatment. I do hope they were made to pay up as well! But at least, for now, our tax rates will stay as they are and the King's army will not starve as they defend us from the Orcish threat.
  • MagichandsMagichands Posts: 141
    Hurray !!! Less taxes for all of us !!  B) B)
  • EM KincaidEM Kincaid Posts: 187Event Moderator
    Just to make everyone aware, until next weekend, there will be teleporter tiles in the EM Hall that take you near to most of the peerless encounters. Think of it as a temporary shortcut to the key-gathering areas (and one champ spawn). Enjoy!   If there's enough demand, I might make Peerless bashing a regular event. Let me know what you think!