Beta Q&A

RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 124

Let’s use this thread to ask questions that we did not answer during the beta test!

Here are mine, I got to nearly GM on the mage quest lines:

1.      What is the point of the house or surname? Running the mage quest I didn’t encounter anything that made any difference or even mentioned it. I’m curious because the gump makes a point to tell you its permanent.

2.      Same question for the legacy sash. I wore it the whole time but never noticed any function or purpose.

3.      How much gold were those little 7x7’s people were placing? Were there any different rules for placement or upkeep?

4.      I spoke to one person that killed another player and they mentioned that there was no loot. Will there ever be a scenario where you can loot another player?

5.      Did anyone train resisting spells after finishing the main quest line? Curious how that process was.

6.      I played the whole weekend entirely solo (my guild is not interested in NL at all) If you are in a party, does every player get credit for kill quests (ie. killing brigands) or does each player need to have a certain amount of damage?

7.      What special item properties did everyone see on looted and or reward armor/weapons? This is what I saw:

·       Hit Point Increase

·       Mana Increase

·       Stamina Increase

·       Damage Increase

·       Spell Damage Increase

·       Hit Chance Increase

·       Slayers

Comments

• VioletViolet Posts: 391
    edited July 31

Let’s use this thread to ask questions that we did not answer during the beta test!

Here are mine, I got to nearly GM on the mage quest lines:

1.      What is the point of the house or surname? Running the mage quest I didn’t encounter anything that made any difference or even mentioned it. I’m curious because the gump makes a point to tell you its permanent.

The surname is to forge the "legacy" as it follows you on other characters on that account and across seasons, or that was the original intent they told us.  I think we should be allowed to pick our own surnames in game.  It forges a better bond and more buy in/immersion.

2.      Same question for the legacy sash. I wore it the whole time but never noticed any function or purpose.

Same with the sash, you can put on "pins" from your conquests and achievements through the game. Frankly this was a feature I barely used other than to quickly look at it. 

3.      How much gold were those little 7x7’s people were placing? Were there any different rules for placement or upkeep?

Around 37k gold for the house. Mages/Tailors get Moonglow, Warriors/Blacksmiths get Trinsic and Rangers/Carpenters get Skara.  You may pick to place in one of the other two areas by paying an additional 10k to unlock it.  There is a 1 house limit per account on New Legacy.

4.      I spoke to one person that killed another player and they mentioned that there was no loot. Will there ever be a scenario where you can loot another player?

When I took part in a dungeon outpost pvp event in alpha, there was no looting of people I had slain.  I really wanted to see what "phat loot" Kyronix had on him~

5.      Did anyone train resisting spells after finishing the main quest line? Curious how that process was.

Resisting spells is a rather quick questline.  You kill a bunch of magical mobs gain 10 resist.  Do this quest 10 times and you are GM Resisting spells.

6.      I played the whole weekend entirely solo (my guild is not interested in NL at all) If you are in a party, does every player get credit for kill quests (ie. killing brigands) or does each player need to have a certain amount of damage?

Kill quests even if you are in a party you have to get on the "top attacker list" to get credit.  There are some encounters like the warrior ship encounter where it is group credit.

7.      What special item properties did everyone see on looted and or reward armor/weapons? This is what I saw:

·       Hit Point Increase ·       Mana Increase ·       Stamina Increase ·       Damage Increase ·       Spell Damage Increase ·       Hit Chance Increase ·       Slayers

Honestly, even with all the farming I had done, I didn't even bother to check stuff.  Only the rings with the HP, Mana and Stam increases.

• RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 124
    Thanks Violet! 
  • Del805Del805 Posts: 24
    Resisting Spells was a real challenge that took me a few hours, mainly because it was quite a task to find those elusive magical creatures. The houses were priced at 37k, which added to the struggle. 

I'm hoping for a game update that introduces houses with basements we can explore. It would be fantastic to have a larger space for our house... 

As for gear, it's all tied together. Arcane Guardian will give you 40s of each resist, So Invul will give you 70s if you have a full set. But it also adds MR HPI and MI. I would think studded might add stam and increase leather mi and plate HPI. 

I've had quite an experience with Ogre Lords. I've taken down maybe 100 of them, and the highest item I found had Might and Guardian. However, when I equipped a mighty spellbook, it gave me a 20-base SDI boost. I am assuming a vanq spellbook will provide me 50 sdi.