House placement

PriamPriam Posts: 44
edited July 28 in General Discussions
There are many placed that I have held houses in before that now will not take any size of house. I have noted that my 16x16 South East of Luna will not take any size house. Also, many spots in Ilshenar that held homes are now void on placement. I am checking other shards to see if there are homes. Right now, this is a main priority. I won't play if I can't place a home that I want.

Comments

• mismis Posts: 82
    Priam said:
    There are many placed that I have held houses in before that now will not take any size of house. I have noted that my 16x16 South East of Luna will not take any size house. Also, many spots in Ilshenar that held homes are now void on placement. I am checking other shards to see if there are homes. Right now, this is a main priority. I won't play if I can't place a home that I want.
    That's right, from 2019 (my previous stay here) until now (summer 2024), it also happened to me that the location where I had the house years ago was not possible to build and many sites I was looking at did not allow construction, so from the period 2019 to 2024 certain locations have been blocked.
  • mismis Posts: 82
    Priam said:
     I won't play if I can't place a home that I want.
    I understand you, when I discovered that my favorite location was blocked I was not pleased, however, this made me look for new locations and I ended up finding a place that I love.

I am sure there is a place for you where you can build, keep looking, there is a special place waiting for you.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    Priam said:
    could you post the spots and what size house you had there please? Maybe the Dev's could look at the spot and see what is stopping the placement and fix or at least explain why not. 

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 969
    I asked that in the previous post.  No reply 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    I asked that in the previous post.  No reply 
    Yeah, i think we both may have.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PriamPriam Posts: 44
    Thank you for the replies. Helps that I am not the only one. I will take a screen and show you where I placed my house when Ilshenar came online, before the wheel was invented.
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 95
    Priam said:
    Also, many spots in Ilshenar that held homes are now void on placement.
    Sorry, but you're totally wrong - it was NEVER possible for players to place houses in Ilshenar.

Also try to place the minimum first, like 7x7 or 9x9 (or the classic small houses) and just to "secure" the spot. And go bigger from there, you can also resize the plot and have about ~1 hour of safe placing just for your account. And try to use the House placement instructions on the UO Player Wiki as a guideline (Placement rules especially). It may help. Also there's a cooldown on the house placement tool. If you're not in a hurry, just try every ~2 mins, or the tool will not cooperate and block you for a random time. 
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • PriamPriam Posts: 44
    edited July 28
    Well. Good news, bad news sort of thing. I got a house to place in the clearing that I was looking for. Not in the place where it exists on other shards, but it placed. Now I cannot get it to place again without my placement tool timing out. I will still post images, although I am not sure what hosts are allowed on the forums.

Edit
    I was able to place a home in the clearing after about 20 minutes of working on it. It's not ideal, but it's the location I wanted.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    you don't need a host, just upload the image from your pc. click on the  icon in the editing bar:

drag the image and drop it in the box shown.