What features would players liked to be added to the EC?

usernameusername Posts: 780
edited July 24 in General Discussions
With all this talk about clients, my opinion is that Broadsword should focus on the EC and make it the preferred client. I am stubborn and stick with the CC, so I have no idea what the EC is lacking so please inform me and possibly the devs. How can we get the EC up to 2024 standards and make it the client? 

I'll go first: I stick to the CC because of the graphics. I cannot play that awful blurry graphics of the EC. I don't like how several monsters/pets/mounts look in the EC, it's awful, and doesn't even remotely resemble their original graphics in the CC. My suggestion would be to integrate the CC graphics in to the client and add a hotkey that would allow users to go between CC graphics and EC graphics.

This is exactly what Diablo 2 Remastered has: a really cool feature where you can, on the fly, swap between the original graphics and new remastered graphics.

ps: I'm not saying abandon the CC. It should also get some love, but nothing drastic. Small things here and there would be nice, like a macro to toggle the insurance cursor. 
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 963
     I would love to see the CC client closed, end 3rd party cheating software

BUT!  like many others have mentioned before and you above,  a 2d graphics option 

the game play, interface options are so much better with the EC, particularly with pincos

creating macros is amazing with drag and drop and adding delays, so simple and user-friendly 

To answer your question

I would love to have auto follow in EC. solen quests etc will be so much better on my 3 accts if I can tow other chars to where I need to go

of course, not to have auto target same target or whatever they do to multi box 

item placement and locking down items in houses for example are much better in CC client, no idea why, but my Atlantic art gallery I impossible to add to on upper levels with EC client, they jsut wont stick like the CC client does
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 642
    EC could use auto open corpses like CC has
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 233
    EC needs CC graphics and also an overhaul of the text and chat. Pretty much everything in it is ugly and hard to read, menu headers with black text on grey backgrounds and crap like that. Need to be able to mouse over speech text to pull it to the foreground, click it to pull up a paperdoll, etc like in the CC.

CC needs to run properly in modern resolutions and needs to be less choppy. It's way choppier now than it was years ago. I remember stinking up Stratics years ago when I upgraded computers finally and suddenly CC graphics got a lot choppier.

There's a freeshard client, which I want to stress is absolutely NOT compatible with retail UO, that I wish they could just steal and adapt because it's pretty much the perfect hybrid of the two. Way better than that one everyone uses.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    username said:
    With all this talk about clients, my opinion is that Broadsword should focus on the EC and make it the preferred client. I am stubborn and stick with the CC, so I have no idea what the EC is lacking so please inform me and possibly the devs. How can we get the EC up to 2024 standards and make it the client? 

I'll go first: I stick to the CC because of the graphics. I cannot play that awful blurry graphics of the EC. I don't like how several monsters/pets/mounts look in the EC, it's awful, and doesn't even remotely resemble their original graphics in the CC. My suggestion would be to integrate the CC graphics in to the client and add a hotkey that would allow users to go between CC graphics and EC graphics.

This is exactly what Diablo 2 Remastered has: a really cool feature where you can, on the fly, swap between the original graphics and new remastered graphics.

ps: I'm not saying abandon the CC. It should also get some love, but nothing drastic. Small things here and there would be nice, like a macro to toggle the insurance cursor. 
    I am with you.  Give us CC features/graphics with the EC UI and I will switch in a heart beat.  CC and UOA for the win.  With the crafting QoL added I do not use UOA anymore.
  • CorkCork Posts: 5
    I would be happy with EC if they would actually fix it so it's usable. So many things are broken in it. Targeting is hot garbage and sporadically works. Forget trying to filter targeting for pvp. I have to scroll through all the rabbits and other crap just to get my target.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    auto-follow for EC, and um.. better graphics. =p
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    Cork said:
    I would be happy with EC if they would actually fix it so it's usable. So many things are broken in it. Targeting is hot garbage and sporadically works. Forget trying to filter targeting for pvp. I have to scroll through all the rabbits and other crap just to get my target.

Have you tried going into the mobiles bar options and unchecking 'neutral animals'?  It probably won't do all you want it to, but it should help a bit?
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,410
    edited July 27
    The delete EC button.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,020
    Cookie said:
    The delete EC button.
    They already have that, it's called "uninstall EC" kinda how i deleted that trash client the CC
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Cookie said:
    The delete EC button.
    They already have that, it's called "uninstall EC" kinda how i deleted that trash client the CC
    Kinda like what everyone is doing to UO right now. :)
    Cookie said:
    Cookie said:
    The delete EC button.
    Guess that's why theres a ton of people on the shard right now. Riiiiiiiight.

Cookie said:
    Cookie said:
    The delete EC button.
    Can you see how many are on the shards?
    I am aware.
    They are about 80% down on numbers.
    Some of you are living in a make believe world, and again, you are the loud voices ruining this game for everyone.
    The people not on the forums, were the people playing.
    edited July 27
    Cookie said:
    Cookie said:
    Cookie said:
    The delete EC button.
    I am aware.
    Some of you are living in a make believe world, and again, you are the loud voices ruining this game for everyone.

Let's see here, i can see people all over it, Atlantic says low, it said high when i logged in. The forums are busier than they have been in a while. i will go with my assesment and ignore your negativity and venom. I cannot help that you hate this game, yet still pay to play it. i'm having fun and you could too if you just quit complaining for a few minutes

Cookie said:
    Cookie said:
    Cookie said:
    The delete EC button.
    I am aware.

Let's see here, i can see people all over it, Atlantic says low, it said high when i logged in. The forums are busier than they have been in a while. i will go with my assesment and ignore your negativity and venom. I cannot help that you hate this game, yet still pay to play it. i'm having fun and you could too if you just quit complaining for a few minutes
    To help you out.
    Your assessment is 100% incorrect on every single point.
    I'm not interested in arguing with a numbskull.

Cookie said:
    Cookie said:
    Cookie said:
    Cookie said:
    The delete EC button.
    I am aware.

To help you out.
    Your assessment is 100% incorrect on every single point.
    I'm not interested in arguing with a numbskull.

Agreed, arguing with a fool such as yourself is not something i have time for. I'm too busy enjoying the beta and fighting over all the resource spots that are taken up by the people who aren't playing the game. Please have the life you deserve.

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 851
    Cookie said:
    Some of you are living in a make believe world,
    I thought that was the point! :D
    LilyGrace said:
    Cookie said:
    lol, but its worse when you are in a make believe world in a make believe world !! :)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    Cookie said:
    LilyGrace said:
    Cookie said:
    lol, but its worse when you are in a make believe world in a make believe world !! :)
    I saw a young lady at the taco house that seemed to be in one.

Added you to the UO is dead group.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 212
    they should add auto follow to EC
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    CC/EC Graphic Switch.