Will you move well liked systems from new legacy to main game?

This is my first time seeing seasonal MMORPG so I don't know what to expect. Most of the seasonal ARPGs transfer well-liked seasonal traits to main game after each season. If a new functionality is well liked in the new legacy season, should we expect it to be part of the main game after some time?

Also, will there be any more developments to the main shards from now? Or, should we expect the current treasures events -> winter events -> spring events cycle that has been repeating for the last 5 years to be final form of the production shards until the doors are closed?

Comments

• OatsOats Posts: 14
    This is what I am hoping for. I do not plan on playing NL but will be here waiting for this to happen.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 518Moderator
    Post has been removed. Please adhere to the terms of service when posting on this forum. Thank you.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 321
    edited July 19
    In the now deleted post, I had a link to ultima online subreddit of reddit. I mentioned that other than 2 players, 100+ players over there had a negative reaction to the NL game play video. I think the post is removed from here because I was linking to ultima online subreddit.

I guess, you can go there and see for your eyes. Or, @Rorschach can make another rule from his a** and delete this post again to silence the criticism of UO at the forums.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,164Dev
    We built many systems in New Legacy with portability in mind.  That's not to say that there will be a 1:1 conversion because of the different rule sets, but yes - it's definitely possible.

Obviously New Legacy isn't for everyone, but honestly - the response we've gotten so far is overwhelming excitement and we look forward to sharing this new world with everyone.  I think even you may be pleasantly surprised.
  • AenvarAenvar Posts: 50
    edited July 19
    Good to know that the systems have portability, some QoL updates are very, very necessary :)
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 321
    edited July 19
    Kyronix said:
    We built many systems in New Legacy with portability in mind.  That's not to say that there will be a 1:1 conversion because of the different rule sets, but yes - it's definitely possible.

Obviously New Legacy isn't for everyone, but honestly - the response we've gotten so far is overwhelming excitement and we look forward to sharing this new world with everyone.  I think even you may be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for the info! I am looking forward to the QoL improvements.
  • looploop Posts: 372
    Kyronix said:

Thanks for responding to this question. I’ve been wondering what the team’s long term strategy will be to balance the needs of the current server with the development of NL. Using NL as an engine for seasonal experimentation and for driving at least some systems to other servers makes sense, and I bet it alleviates some of the challenges of introducing changes to the current servers.
  • WakayamaWakayama Posts: 4
    edited July 21
    @Kyronix @Mesanna @Mesanna1

I'd like a bit of clarification.  I've been informed that "I would prep an account with an open slot for Siege in preparation so you can transfer character and some items you might like but can only be found on New Legacy," and, "after a season, you have the option of moving the char to another shard. And if they are items can't get anywhere else."  My response was that nothing can ever be transferred to or from Siege.  No exceptions.  Is this still the case or will this be a mind blowing change of the rules that have always been in place?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    Wakayama said:
    @ Kyronix @ Mesanna @ Mesanna1

I'd like a bit of clarification.  I've been informed that "I would prep an account with an open slot for Siege in preparation so you can transfer character and some items you might like but can only be found on New Legacy," and, "after a season, you have the option of moving the char to another shard. And if they are items can't get anywhere else."  My response was that nothing can ever be transferred to or from Siege.  No exceptions.  Is this still the case or will this be a mind blowing change of the rules that have always been in place?
    No NL toons will be able to go to Siege, you are correct.

Also remember these transfered will only have 100 skills,   so mine would  go to shards where I have no skilled toons.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    Cost to move character ? @Kyronix ;
    Thanks for the confirmation.  I've been familiar with the Siege ruleset since '04 and, as such, I was pretty certain that we wouldn't be seeing a shift in existing game ruleset dynamics that essentially define Siege and Mugen as set apart from all other shards.  Just needed to clarify for someone relatively new to Siege Perilous who wasn't convinced.  Looking forward to a new and different experience with NL.
    edited July 22
    @Kyronix @Mesanna @Mesanna1

I do apologize for any trouble, but the person providing what I believe to be misinformation regarding the possible transfer of characters from New Legacy to Siege Perilous is continuing to refute both my statements and Pawain's, stating that he isn't a reliable source of information.  (Sorry, Pawain.  I know the answer and I had hoped that your response would aid in squelching misinformation.  Sadly, the source of the fake news thought it was laughable that you were my confirmation.)  If anyone with actual authority on the matter could resolve this, I would be greatly appreciative.  Again, sorry for any trouble and thanks for any correct information I get regarding the character/items transfer to Siege Perilous.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    Wakayama said:
    @ Kyronix @ Mesanna @ Mesanna1

I do apologize for any trouble, but the person providing what I believe to be misinformation regarding the possible transfer of characters from New Legacy to Siege Perilous is continuing to refute both my statements and Pawain's, stating that he isn't a reliable source of information.  (Sorry, Pawain.  I know the answer and I had hoped that your response would aid in squelching misinformation.  Sadly, the source of the fake news thought it was laughable that you were my confirmation.)  If anyone with actual authority on the matter could resolve this, I would be greatly appreciative.  Again, sorry for any trouble and thanks for any correct information I get regarding the character/items transfer to Siege Perilous.

Since only the toon goes, it would not be a big deal. I'm sure you would have a skilled toon by the end of the season if you started on Siege now.  So, even if you could transfer to Siege, you would only bring skills.

Personally I would not take a toon there.  I would not want to make a toon on NL that has the skills you need on Siege.

Nothing but deco or titles would go to production shards.  And those should be account bound IMO.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,164Dev
    Siege would not be a valid shard for transfer.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    Kyronix said:
    Siege would not be a valid shard for transfer.
    Will there be a cost to transfer? 
    Thank you @Kyronix.  I appreciate the confirmation and your time.