forgot how to trap boxes after 14 years

BramBram Posts: 12
hi
  i saw in another thread that trap boxes are still needed : (  i forgot the method of doing it so can anyone give me a quick primer? 

also i remember using trapped locked boxes which held regents and arrows so that thieves couldn't easily get them off you.  is this still needed? hope not!

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Welcome back Bram, 

to create a trapped box, by box we mean a crate, I recommend making the large crate as then you don’t have to fiddle around turning it in the correct direction for it to work like a small crate.

this is used to get you out of being paralysed, I think you need 30 tinkering plus a good tinkering talisman (someone may correct me, sorry I loot my trapped boxes from other players and it’s been years since I ran out)
    reagents aren’t currently used anymore as you wear armour totalling 100% lower reagent cost. Arrows are stored in a quiver and cannot be stolen or looted.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BramBram Posts: 12
    thanks for the reply. 
      i found on one of my old chas a bag full of pouches that when i opened blew up on me... i also remember using the mage spell trap or something like that instead of tinkering traps which i do remember using to safe guard regs and stuff that i mentioned. 
      so does the mage spell work?  hard to tell just by myself.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    http://www.uoguide.com/Trapped_box, except you can use the large one
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    thanks for the link...
      OK i must be missing something since i tried just using a pouch and magic trap and paralyzing myself then opening the pouch triggering the magic trap got rid of my paralyzing.  so if that works why the convoluted way you guys suggest?  what am i missing here?  is this for those who have no magery and cant cast a 2nd level spell? 
      Also i really have to wonder how someone found out if you did all those strange tricks you could get a trapped bag?  baffling!
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    Bram said:
    so if that works why the convoluted way you guys suggest?  what am i missing here?  is this for those who have no magery and cant cast a 2nd level spell? 

the "Magic Trap" spell is a one-time use, then you need to re-trap the container..

Tinker-trapped containers don't run out of uses, so they don't need to be reset each time you trigger the trap.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Ah thank you.  That makes more sense now.  so instead of needing to carry multiple pouches or boxes you only need to carry 1 and only need to set it up once?  i will have to find someone in-game to help me set one up.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited June 2018
    What you guys are discussing is a bug.  Moderator please close this thread.

Originally people used magic trap spell on a pouch they could later use to break paralyze. OSI changed the damage on the pouches to 30s, people then stopped using them.
    People then resorted to tinker crafted boxes, if you create a box trap with GM tinker it will do tons of damage. However if created by a tinker of 30ish skill it will do alot less damage and still break paralyze, it also can be reused many times.

This is not as intended as its "too easy" to break out of paralyze spell, theres a huge penalty by not having resisting spells which are avoided by this trapped box trick. Allowing players skill points for other things just cuz of the tinker trap bug.

There should be a higher penalty for breaking paralyze (such as higher damage) and it render the anti paralizis potions of vvv unused.

@Kyronix @Mesanna Please fix this bug as its not working as intended.
    Rorschach please close this thread.

I like psychos thinking, but it’s just not s bug, you still suffer a penalty. The topic is discussed further here:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/1142/trapped-boxes#latest

It would make anyone with 60 necro pretty powerful if you couldn’t trap box out of evil omen para even with resist.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• FatFat Posts: 97
    I think the fact it has been this way for so long proves that it is a feature and not a bug.
    that doesn’t prove anything at all

• FatFat Posts: 97
    Meh