Profession Robes

Just had an idea about having Robes with Profession symbols on them like Magery, Theif, Swordsman, Archer etc. Just an idea.

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,164Dev
    Neat idea - which style robe?  
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    Kyronix said:
     Not hooded!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    Not hooded. I spend a lot of time on my hairstyle.

Or make a menu on robes that removes the hood.

I prefer the look of the hooded Robe, but wish the hood could be folded down.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    Repairable & Pof-able if you decide to put Durability on it, too many items can't be repaired/pofed already.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    Transmog target would be awesome as well 
  • VenomVenom Posts: 38
    Pawain said:
    Not hooded. I spend a lot of time on my hairstyle.

Or make a menu on robes that removes the hood.

I prefer the look of the hooded Robe, but wish the hood could be folded down.
    I think an option to drop the hood is a good idea.

• ThorakhThorakh Posts: 40
    Kyronix said:

the Hooded Robe is pretty good and popular
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,020
    Thorakh said:
    Kyronix said:

the Hooded Robe is pretty good and popular
    Except with Gargoyles.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited June 20
    Has the dev team ever considered allowing player-created graphics for use? It could possibly be modeled after the way custom keep/castles go through a contest. Afterwards, the dev team could assign stats/attributes and make the items available through the next seasonal event or some other method. Could possibly just have a sub forum here where people submit a picture of their creation. 

I'm unsure of what tool the UO team uses to create new graphics for items, but if it's publicly available this could create a steady stream of new item graphics. 

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,423
    Venom said:
    Has the dev team ever considered allowing player-created graphics for use? It could possibly be modeled after the way custom keep/castles go through a contest. Afterwards, the dev team could assign stats/attributes and make the items available through the next seasonal event or some other method. Could possibly just have a sub forum here where people submit a picture of their creation. 

I'm unsure of what tool the UO team uses to create new graphics for items, but if it's publicly available this could create a steady stream of new item graphics. 

There is a precedent, sort of 
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/technical/previous-publishes/2003-2/publish-18-29th-may/
    6 new clothing items, but they could only be seen in the crafting gump and the back pack. Sadly on the paperdoll and in game avatar all we got, and still have, are place holders. I found that very disappointing and have been hoping that an artist, somewhere through the years, would be willing, and allowed, to create the missing artwork to make the items worth crafting. It hasn't happened yet.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 676
    The Britannia robe with the alchemy symbol on the front would be nice. With a hood that is minimal or non-existent would be a welcome change. Allow the symbol and robe to be dyeable separately. 
    There is a precedent, sort of 
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/technical/previous-publishes/2003-2/publish-18-29th-may/
    6 new clothing items, but they could only be seen in the crafting gump and the back pack. Sadly on the paperdoll and in game avatar all we got, and still have, are place holders. I found that very disappointing and have been hoping that an artist, somewhere through the years, would be willing, and allowed, to create the missing artwork to make the items worth crafting. It hasn't happened yet.
    Interesting, I didn't know that. While maybe a long shot, but I feel like having a process for players to create and submit new graphics for items could be attractive -- especially since it's purely cosmetic, with the UO team picking the stats/attributes. Perhaps they could actually offer the slot/attributes and ask for artwork submissions to become the item? Maybe state a theme? 

Clearly the UO team is small, so this could possibly help in some ways -- although having them need to pick items submitted to put into the game does at least create a small additional burden for them. 

If there is a public tool to use for this and it's simple enough, I'd personally take a wack at it -- but I know from searches online I've seen a lot of cool artwork made by players. 
  • ThorakhThorakh Posts: 40
    The slim robe like hooded robe are nice but some don't want their hair covered, so maybe a slim hooded robe without the hood ?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,240
    If already tweaking the robes to add symbols, could we possible get a semi new piece of robe art?

Other idea would be have different style robes for different professions. A mage robe, in my opinion, would look much different than a thief robe. I do think it would be cool to have a "tattered" looking robe for a begger.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,251
    An actual kings crown. Pegleg. Bull skull helmet. Kachina masks. Viking helmets. 

New robes. Cloak slot items. New shoes. 
    Yes! Crowns!
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,020
    Pawain said:
    Yes! Crowns!
    So I can finally smile and not be embarassed. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

:D